[1.5.X] Capsule Corp. Endeavour (Mars Base Camp)

Gabu

BNtsLVi.png

Release v0.14 (Beta)

Since I started to play KSP (i don't even remember when...) I really wanted to make some things on "my way", probably, like all modders do. So, I was working on this mod on my weekends for the past few months and now, i think it's "shareable".

I am really grateful to all the people who helped me a lot with tips and shared the knowledge! 

This mod contains my understanding for Lockheed Martins MBC and some other features like:

- MBC (Mars Base Camp)

KUKYhKzh.png  

NqbmoDXb.png  q5dNIOkb.png    IUJq0vcm.png  WO7mD6xm.png  sSJR0kKm.png S1vIxVpb.png  zSuY7Iwb.png

- MBC - Orbital ISRU

Gk31snCb.png  XR2zXlSb.png

- MBC - Orbital GreenHouse (WIP)

pcisuCDb.png  rl9x77Sb.png  

- Orion (Capsule + parachutes +Service Module + Criogenic Propulsors)

ByNNvDRm.png  BbdyujLm.png  bfAFkwfm.png  MvR0Ahym.png  CV7bA9Sm.png  

- SLS (boosters + core stage + petal adapter )

CcUzLFem.png

- Altair Lander

vUphlzym.png  Dqal8Jpm.png  

- MMSEV (credits for NASA Modelers! Just worked on it to compile)

B0YZxn4m.png  1uJABElm.png  esyIqUam.png  0NrDo8Lm.pngHa8U5asm.png  

rPuGatpm.png  7enpnnQm.png   TyNHS5em.png

MMSEV - Orbital config!

e2Jl1ZFm.png  TEbDMzCm.png  wAmTVOBm.png  0ozM8u3m.png

Know Issues:

Interiors are all WIP

Orion Interior Kerbal Screens are all black (don't know how to fix it yet... :( ) - FIXED!

MMSEV loses orientation on reload... (what a hell....) -  FIXED!

-Altair lander collider -  FIXED!

News:

RealPlumes compatibility files on this release.

Bug Fixes for 1.4

Other stuffs and info's:

All config's are as close as I guess to stock, if you guys find some of them a little "cheaty", plz let me know!

The suit model on MMSE and on the bridge from MBC are from @BobCat's mod!

The MMSEV original model where downloaded from Nasa's shared content.

All other one's are from my own work.

Download Link (Space Dock - v0.14 is rdy to roll!!):

https://spacedock.info/mod/1615/[1.3] Capsule Corporation Endeavour (Mars Base Camp)

Next release's:

- IVA's

- Moon Village Project (WIP link bellow!)

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Hope you all enjoy!!

You can follow the new parts and development status on this thread:

- New release for CC - MADV (Mars Ascent and Descent Vehicle). You can get it here:

- The LRE for long journeys

Edited by Gabu
update new release

New version rdy to roll guys! Bugfixes and IVA's only.

Oh, and I was testing somethings and changed the engines ISP, so, be carefull with your savegame!

Hope you all enjoy!

17 hours ago, damonvv said:

Hey man! A mod to keep an eye out for :wink: I heard (From @JadeOfMaarthat it is better to use periods instead of spaces, and underscores get converted in-game into periods. This makes it easier for others to make MM patches for it :) 

Hey man! Thx for the tips!

I'm quite new on modding, so what do you mean by "periods instead of spaces, and underscores" ? Sorry, dont get it...

17 minutes ago, Gabu said:

New version rdy to roll guys! Bugfixes and IVA's only.

Oh, and I was testing somethings and changed the engines ISP, so, be carefull with your savegame!

Hope you all enjoy!

Hey man! Thx for the tips!

I'm quite new on modding, so what do you mean by "periods instead of spaces, and underscores" ? Sorry, dont get it...

In the part 'name' in the .cfg file for each part.  You've got a line probably near the top like this:

name = Science_Crate

(This is from another mod, it was just easy to grab.)  Putting spaces in that 'name' causes issues with MM and occasionally with KSP.  It's much better (like above) to use underscores or periods instead.

Also worth noting is that 'name' has to be globally unique, and is never shown to the user.  Typically it's a good idea to make the name start with something related to your mod, and not use something generic.  (The mod above sorta did - it's the one part in the mod, and it's the same name as the mod...)  However, changing that name makes it a *different* part for KSP, which causes ships with the part in a game to be deleted and vanish on players, so do that *very* rarely.

Basically: That name is how *KSP* identifies the part.  Spaces work, but only sorta.  Make sure it's unique and stays the same.  It does *not* need to be pretty.  :wink:

29 minutes ago, DStaal said:

In the part 'name' in the .cfg file for each part.  You've got a line probably near the top like this:

name = Science_Crate

(This is from another mod, it was just easy to grab.)  Putting spaces in that 'name' causes issues with MM and occasionally with KSP.  It's much better (like above) to use underscores or periods instead.

Also worth noting is that 'name' has to be globally unique, and is never shown to the user.  Typically it's a good idea to make the name start with something related to your mod, and not use something generic.  (The mod above sorta did - it's the one part in the mod, and it's the same name as the mod...)  However, changing that name makes it a *different* part for KSP, which causes ships with the part in a game to be deleted and vanish on players, so do that *very* rarely.

Basically: That name is how *KSP* identifies the part.  Spaces work, but only sorta.  Make sure it's unique and stays the same.  It does *not* need to be pretty.  :wink:

Got it!! Thx for the tips, ill revise all my cfg's and release a new version ASAP.

I don't know if it's only me , but the Altair Lander tank has pretty unusual hitboxes.

If I try to decouple something that is sitting inside the ascent stage plate , it will slingshot the part in mid air  at full speed.Closer investagation made me discover that  the whole hole is sharing the same hitbox with the rest of the tank.

CwEpYid.png

zgxCjq9.png

Discalimer : Lander is modified to be more or less RO compatible , But I didn't touch anything about the hitboxes.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

I don't know if it's only me , but the Altair Lander tank has pretty unusual hitboxes.

If I try to decouple something that is sitting inside the ascent stage plate , it will slingshot the part in mid air  at full speed.Closer investagation made me discover that  the whole hole is sharing the same hitbox with the rest of the tank.

CwEpYid.png

zgxCjq9.png

Discalimer : Lander is modified to be more or less RO compatible , But I didn't touch anything about the hitboxes.

Hey man!

Np, that's why I leaved all textures on png format :), enjoy!!

This is probably a collider... I'll check it out and put on the bug list to fix on next release. But just to let you know, in the next release I'm gonna adjust all the part names like @DStaal and @damonvv remcomended to avoid MM and KSP crashes! So, the savegame will break. Sorry and be careful !! I don't want any MIA kerbals because of it :wink: !

The release date will be in this week max january 06 at night.  BUT if I have the time I'll release it sooner!

Oh, and to show next release news:

Now we have MMSEV Wheels!!!!

7wEO5DCm.png  gTqqdRXm.png

2 hours ago, Gabu said:

Hey man!

Np, that's why I leaved all textures on png format :), enjoy!!

This is probably a collider... I'll check it out and put on the bug list to fix on next release. But just to let you know, in the next release I'm gonna adjust all the part names like @DStaal and @damonvv remcomended to avoid MM and KSP crashes! So, the savegame will break. Sorry and be careful !! I don't want any MIA kerbals because of it :wink: !

The release date will be in this week max january 06 at night.  BUT if I have the time I'll release it sooner!

Oh, and to show next release news:

Now we have MMSEV Wheels!!!!

7wEO5DCm.png  gTqqdRXm.png

Oh don't worry , it was all about BETA testing.I hope to use your parts in Realism Overhaul soon!

4 hours ago, Gabu said:

Just to clarify: Having spaces in the part names won't cause KSP to *crash.*  It may cause other assorted weirdness however - MM patches applying inconsistently, parts doing weird things in the tech tree/VAB, etc.  I've never heard of a crash because of it.  Just general wonkiness.  :wink: 

On 01/01/2018 at 4:49 PM, Mr. Sandman said:

CwEpYid.png

zgxCjq9.png

Fixed on new release! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.