Request for a contract tweaker mod

Corinthas

My main gripe with this game is the following:

The contracts. And no, contract configurator is not the answer.

I really want to play career mode but spend 2 hours trying to find a hand full of coherent contracts by spamming "decline" until something useful pops up! 

So I start with a "plant flag on mun" for example. 

Then cycle through some nonsense missions test solid fuel booster in orbit around X.. or test jet engine splashed down.. please someone put some intelligence into the RNG!

If I have selected a plant flag on mun mission offer me tests that involve the MUN! 

Also allow me to do multiple tests on the same part, I am not going to take 3 different engines there am I ?! So allow me to test engine X in sub-orbit, orbit and surface of mun for example.

I would like to go to the mission control building. Pick a mission on offer and tweak it. Don't like the part? Change it. Don't like the location? Change it. Don't like the altitude of the orbit? Change it.. etc. Rather than having to decline missions repeatedly for 30 mins till i get a mission for the part i want in a location I want.

My latest discovery "test fairing X on launch pad". In my innocence I thought there would be a test button like the heat shield. HA! No they expect you to pop the bloody thing ON THE LAUNCHPAD! Made me rage quit again.

I can't be the only one frustrated by this?  

Edited by Corinthas

1 hour ago, Corinthas said:

I can't be the only one frustrated by this?  

*rolls the dice*

"the runes say 'No'."

However, when you say that Contract Configurator is not the answer, do realize that most games, including big-named ones like Skyrim, are largely not even playable without mods.

Honestly, I think if Squad/Take-Two, or whoever it is that owns KSP now decided to setup a website where people could submit ideas, estimate dev cost, vote on, and allow payments toward new features, they could make KSP pretty profitable while still continually adding features and updates. We'll see how the DLC goes for them, as I suspect Take-Two will not be interested in funneling money into a black-hole if it doesn't do well: in which case, mods are all we have.

Not quite sure what to make of your answer. 

When i say "Contract Configurator is not the answer" I mean that people respond with that and it does not do what I am asking it to do. 

I was hoping that someone in the modding community shared the frustration and we might see the mod i think the game needs. 

Edited by Corinthas
typo

With your updated original post, it is now clearer what you are looking for. I had thought that you wanted better logic for contracts which Contract Configurator could provide as long as someone made a contract pack with better logic. However, it seems your actual goal is instead of having any kind of contract, you actually want to define your own missions and tasks and then get paid to complete them. Honestly, you may consider playing in Science mode instead of Career as that would remove the money requirement while still being progressive, then you could just assign tasks to each of your missions as you saw fit.

The idea of a contract is that is some outside organization wants you to do something, and then you either solely accomplish that or design your missions around that in order to complete it along the way.

If you are keen on simply defining your own list of things to do outright, then it sounds like what Squad is working on for Making History will accomplish that as they will release a mission editor along the Missions game mechanic.

5 minutes ago, Corinthas said:

I have had a look at what squad are proposing but I suspect it won't do what I want.   

Shame really because a chill game like that should not have me rage quitting. But it does.. and i wont by putting any more hours into it. 

I agree, which is why I use Contract Configurator and a bunch of contract packs. They're not perfect, but they're far better than what comes stock. My favorite contracts are the progressive ones, such as Career Evolution or Give Aircraft a Purpose. They have some issues, but in the long run make the game more fun as they give a direction for you to follow.

Whether or not the Mission Editor will fit your needs, you won't know until it's released. The difference I see from their descriptions and what you want is that the Mission Editor would require you to think everything up before-hand and then progress through it instead of being able to change it adhoc along the way.

1 hour ago, Corinthas said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that the mission builder will make stand alone scenarios and not a contract for you to pick up in the mission control building. 

That may be... I know that Contracts and Missions are completely different, but I had hoped that the Mission gameplay mechanic would still be integrated into the game instead of its own off-shoot scenario-maker.

23 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

That may be... I know that Contracts and Missions are completely different, but I had hoped that the Mission gameplay mechanic would still be integrated into the game instead of its own off-shoot scenario-maker.

Fingers crossed.. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.