Hi there!

Corinthas

Hi all.

Just joined but have been playing KSP for some time now. 

Actually joined to post in the add-on section as i am in desperate need of a contract tweaking mod. 

Spamming decline in the mission control building to get a handful of sensible and coherent missions together for 30 mins just isn't game play IMO.. 

Anyhoo.. keep adding moar boosters :D

Greetings and welcome to the forum, @Corinthas.

I usually just time warp a few days until I string together a good mission series however there are many contract packs and mods available, depending on what you like to do (the second post in the thread gives a list of compatible contract packs):

Another option is to use the debug menu (hold alt and press F12) to select or reject contracts.

Edited by James Kerman
Added debug info

7 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Howdy. :D

That sounds like a lot of contracts to be refusing. Aren't there any that you like?  

Firstly there are too many ridiculous ones like test jet engine SPLASHED DOWN. SOLID BOOSTER in ORBIT.  Surprised we don't get test 'shute or jet engine on mun.  Test faring on launch pad? There is no test button (!!) you have to pop the faring! 

Next problem: If I start by picking, say, "plant flag on X".. I want subsequent missions offered to me to take this into consideration and offer me more test in or around the same location. Aslo if i pick test engine X on mun allow me to do multiple test on the same part say in sub-orbit orbit and landed on mun, I'm not going to take 3 different engines am i? 

Welcome!

6 hours ago, Corinthas said:

Next problem: If I start by picking, say, "plant flag on X".. I want subsequent missions offered to me to take this into consideration and offer me more test in or around the same location. Aslo if i pick test engine X on mun allow me to do multiple test on the same part say in sub-orbit orbit and landed on mun, I'm not going to take 3 different engines am i? 

Heh. You're putting way too much faith in the stock contract system :wink: You should try Contract Configurator, linked on the message above yours, and download a few of the contract packs in there. My suggestions:

• Anomaly surveyor: will point you toward the game's Easter eggs in progression
  • The bases and stations contract packs (can't remember the name) are a lot more sensible than the respective stock ones
  • Field Research: will query you to collect science where you still have some left. Kind of a science checklist, plus gives you some money for doing something you'd be doing, anyway.

Also, you might want to change the contract multiplier on that mod's settings, which will make more contracts available to choose from at a given time.

No contract configurator does not do what i need.

I want to be able the tweak a contract on offer then and there in the mission control building. Or even make one from scratch. 

Like a blank template: Pick a part, pick a location. Pick alt and speed. I don't need to cheat to a point where i want to award myself a gazillion science for testing a heat shield on the launch pad, but i do want to choose what part I test and where I test it. 

Edited by Corinthas
typo

31 minutes ago, Corinthas said:

No contract configurator does not do what i need.

I want to be able the tweak a contract on offer then and there in the mission control building. Or even make one from scratch. 

Like a blank template: Pick a part, pick a location. Pick alt and speed. I don't need to cheat to a point where i want to award myself a gazillion science for testing a heat shield on the launch pad, but i do want to choose what part I test and where I test it. 

Actually, it sounds like you're describing the "Mission Builder" @SQUAD is currently working on.