I 3D Printed A Thing

EnderKid2

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

That's a nice, smooth print.  What printer do you have?

Flashforge Finder

4 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Really nice work, Mate.  How long did it take to make the model?

I wasn't timing myself, but like 2 hours in Tinkercad. I could have used Solidworks, but I think tinkercad was better suited to what I needed to do with the model.

7 minutes ago, Elthy said:

If its somewhat possible i would try to increase the resolution of those round surfaces. Your printer can do better :D

Tinkercad won't let you adjust the resolution of anything but a cylinder for some reason.

Edited by EnderKid2

4 hours ago, Elthy said:

If its somewhat possible i would try to increase the resolution of those round surfaces. Your printer can do better :D

i here there is a variable layer thickness feature in some slicers that can make better curved surfaces. unfortunately my slicer (cura) doesnt have that feature. alternatively you can lower your layer thickness to get a little better resolution, but it will take a lot longer to print.

i model in 3d studio max, i slice in cura, and my printer is a printrbot play (with extended bed option).

Edited by Nuke

15 hours ago, Nuke said:

i here there is a variable layer thickness feature in some slicers that can make better curved surfaces. unfortunately my slicer (cura) doesnt have that feature. alternatively you can lower your layer thickness to get a little better resolution, but it will take a lot longer to print.

That won't help in this case.  That will only help if the surface roughness is due to the printer or printer settings.  You can tweak the layer heights till the cows come home, but it won't un-facet a faceted model.  The model itself needs to be smoothed, before it's sliced.

Personally I like the low poly stuff!

3 hours ago, Geonovast said:

That won't help in this case.  That will only help if the surface roughness is due to the printer or printer settings.  You can tweak the layer heights till the cows come home, but it won't un-facet a faceted model.  The model itself needs to be smoothed, before it's sliced.

Exactly.

16 hours ago, Geonovast said:

it does however cut a lot of the work when you go to sand it smooth.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.