Strange underwater bug

megaspeeder

Okay, so first off, I was trying to recreate Cupcake Landers' Deep Sea Salvage VTOL lander, this one. Once finished I decided to test it out, I'd rather build a replica instead of simply downloading the craft file. The VTOL slowly rose from the pavement of the airstrip and gained more and more velocity. It worked. I directed it's path towards to sea to test it's underwater qualities. It's noteworthy to mention that I had Portal 2's soundtrack playing in the background (specifically, this song). Once I was relatively far from the shore I decided to stop my speed and slowly enter the water, yet, despite my best efforts, I was coming in too hot. This was going to be the end of Valentina Kerman (until I pressed the Revert Flight button) so I decided to let it crash. It, obviously, did so but here is where the strange events happen. Once the outer vehicle was destroyed, what only remained was an EAS-1 ECS and sitting on it, Valentina Kerman. She hadn't died in the crash and was inexplicably sinking. Rather than sinking, though, she was falling. Underwater. She gained more and more speed and I supposed that she would in fact crash into the sea bed so I ejected her from her seat at the last second. She survived the fall and rose from the sea bed, walking as she normally would on the surface, except she was doing it slowly, as if the water actually was slowing her down instead of ignoring her presence. It was night and I had the lights turned on, it instantly reminded me of SOMA.

Album FO8z2 will appear when post is submitted
What are your opinions of this? Should it be implemented into the game as a feature? What about underwater bases? Underwater parts? Or perhaps sunken easter eggs?
Edited by megaspeeder
Edited photo album URL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.