Which customer support is good for printer issues?

Peter Manson

Greetings and welcome to the forum, @Peter Manson.

I'm no support expert but I do own a HP printer and have had some problems with it.  The usual solution for me is to reinstall the drivers.

I'm assuming you're using windows - got to program files and uninstall all the HP stuff related to your printer.  Download the new drivers for your model and operating system from HP support and install.  Hope this helps.

Usually less hassle to go buy a new printer.  Use up the ink it comes with, and go buy another printer.  New printers are generally cheaper than the replacement ink they require.  

And I'd try the HP support web page, not the KSP forum....

12 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Usually less hassle to go buy a new printer.  Use up the ink it comes with, and go buy another printer.  New printers are generally cheaper than the replacement ink they require.

Step 1:  Admit you don't need color.

Step 2:  Stop that.  You don't need color.  Your color inkjets die because you don't use them often enough.

Step 3:  Get a laser.

The cartridges last 10x longer, never dry out, cost way less in the long run, and the printer will outlive your computer both in lifetime and usefulness.

Edited by Corona688

1 minute ago, Corona688 said:

The cartridges last 10x longer, never dry out, and the printer will outlive your computer both in lifetime and usefulness.

^

I got my mom a small duplex home laser printer  with some extra toner cartridges for about what she was paying for her crappy inkjet cartridges that would "dry out" aka "time out" before she had a chance to even use 10% of it.  She never used the color, but the stupid things had to be in there for it to function.  I once had an all-in-one that wouldn't even scan without good cartridges because it was so entwined with the "copy" function.  Inkjet printers are nothing more than a scam.

I'm surprised this thread is even still here.  It's hopelessly off topic, and I'm pretty sure started by a bot.

5 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Step 1:  Admit you don't need color.

Step 2:  Stop that.  You don't need color.  Your color inkjets die because you don't use them often enough.

Step 3:  Get a laser.

The cartridges last 10x longer, never dry out, cost way less in the long run, and the printer will outlive your computer both in lifetime and usefulness.

I recently picked up a refurb BW laser for like $50.  Scanner, copier fax, printer.  Mainly picked it up for printing circuit boards, but with the holidays coming, I've printed off dozens of bandsaw templates for various wood shop projects.  Definitely worth it.