[WIP] Kerbal Construction Workers and Scientists and SOLDIERS!

Wonderbreadninja

KERBAL CONSTRUCTION WORKERS AND SCIENTISTS

2LFtnhI.jpg

THIS MOD WILL REQUIRE TEXTUREREPLACERREPLACED 

I searched far and wide to find a mod that would allow you to have the workers and scientists (Like you see in the VAB and the SPH), but make them usable int he game.  My aim is to fill a gap that people who like to role play or want to have someone other then an astronaut to drive a fuel truck to their ships, to have an alternative.  Since I could not find one, I decided to try my hand at creating one.  This is my first mod, so please don't judge to harshly.  I am open to constructive criticism , so please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas.  
I did have to use the default Kerbal model, so i had to work around the helmet mount.  Since I could not get rid of it, I decided to try to make it look like a throat mic of sorts, cause that is all I could LITERALLY think of.  
If this does show some interest, it could be expanded to include things like soldier uniforms for those who like to have wars with BD armory, and maybe I will expand more into other KSC roles such as fueler uniforms, operations, etc, etc...

So all in all, do you guys think this is something worth putting more time into and releasing, or is it not worth the time?

Can't figure out how to post a pic, so here is the imjur album: My album for the Kerbal Construction Worker

I did take some creative freedom with this, in the game, the kerbal workers have yellow overalls with a white undershirt.  I opted for Yellow undershirt and jean overalls.  :)

Edited by Wonderbreadninja
changed font, added pic....maybe?

On 12/20/2017 at 4:51 AM, Wonderbreadninja said:

So all in all, do you guys think this is something worth putting more time into and releasing, or is it not worth the time?

I don't see the point in making your own mod if you have found it's not possible to extract and use the non-collared Kerbal models. Unless I'm missing something everything else you've done can be made into just a texture pack for Texture Replacer Replaced

10 hours ago, Wonderbreadninja said:

Just finished the soldier texture.  Being an Army vet myself, I decided to start with the ACU pattern as that is what I wore.

fqsHDgd.png

Nice, I like it .... Feel free to use any of the camo textures in DCK

I was planning on doing a TRR patch for DCK camo sets but haven't gotten around to it yet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.