14 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Like I said, I'll look into this relation, they should not be tied together. More specifically I'll look into making bloom work without relying too much on lens dirt.

I just replaced the dirt textures with transparent .PNG files and that's fixed it nicely. 

7 hours ago, cptmatt said:

I just replaced the dirt textures with transparent .PNG files and that's fixed it nicely. 

Adding that as a built-in feature in the next release. :D

(Clarification: I'm adding an entry to the bloom node to disable the lens dirt)

Edited by The White Guardian

43 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Adding that as a built-in feature in the next release. :D

(Clarification: I'm adding an entry to the bloom node to disable the lens dirt)

All I did was create a dirty lense texture that wasn’t so busy. There is ALOT going on in those textures. minimal dirt goes a long way :) the default textures just have a lot for the bloom to pick up on

Edited by Galileo

After working out the initial issues with lens dirt and bloom, and debugging my new install of SVE, I can unreservedly say I LIKE THIS MOD! 

I find that "Dirt_Intensity = 1" works well for me. The dirt on the lens is barely visible, and BLOOM is still active. I've found the following also works well.

Bloom
    {
        //Bloom settings
        Anti_Flicker = true
        Intensity = 0.60

You could easily drop that to "Intensity = 0.50" or about half the default.

I tend to also think a more subtle vignette is in order, but haven't played with it yet. This mod meshes really well with SVE/scatterer. KSP has never looked so gorgeous!

Excellent work!

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Congratulations, what a beautiful mod!

Will it work on 1.2.2?

You can try to run it, but I'm not officially supporting 1.2.2

It uses Unity Engine 5.4.0, and Squad moved over to Unity 5.4 with 1.2.2 so on paper it MIGHT work. However, I compiled KS3P against 1.3, so it's a chance.

You can always, as a last resort, try downloading the source code and compiling it yourself with Visual Studio.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

You can try to run it, but I'm not officially supporting 1.2.2

It uses Unity Engine 5.4.0, and Squad moved over to Unity 5.4 with 1.2.2 so on paper it MIGHT work. However, I compiled KS3P against 1.3, so it's a chance.

You can always, as a last resort, try downloading the source code and compiling it yourself with Visual Studio.

I can confirm, it works in 1.2.2 as it does in 1.3.1. RSS is stunning with this mod :-D

When I try to  add ssao it sort of correct  but it looks like it in debug mode. Maybe there some flag somewhere need to be swiched? 

Ambient_Occlusion
{
Ambient_Only = false
Downsampling = true
Force_Forward_Compatibility = true
High_Precision = true
Intensity = 2
Radius = 0.05
Sample_Count = 1
}

Adapatation throw error

KS3P.UnityPostProcessing.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial)
    KS3P.UnityPostProcessing.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination)

Edited by Pol

1 hour ago, Pol said:

When I try to  add ssao it sort of correct  but it looks like it in debug mode. Maybe there some flag somewhere need to be swiched? 

Ambient_Occlusion
{
Ambient_Only = false
Downsampling = true
Force_Forward_Compatibility = true
High_Precision = true
Intensity = 2
Radius = 0.05
Sample_Count = 1
}

Adapatation throw error

KS3P.UnityPostProcessing.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial)
    KS3P.UnityPostProcessing.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination)

Strange... I'll look into this behaviour.

Great mod, thanks !

As for feedback, beyond what has been already reported: it's a small thing, but perhaps bundling the readme file inside the extracted folder (that is, inside of the KS3P folder) instead of at the same level would be better; makes for easier deflating. It shouldn't cause issues (most other mods do this).

For anyone interested, I have made 5 new dirt textures that are really immersive, but not super invasive and the react great to the bloom, even with the default cfg settings. They aren't super distracting, but are noticeable. enjoy :)

@The White Guardian  Feel free to include these in a future update, as these fix the issue people are having with the bloom and dirt texture causing things to be overexposed. These textures also bring the download size down significantly.

Here are some screen shots. All where taken with the default cfg. no changes were made.

https://imgur.com/a/zL5kY

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I have just noticed that the Dirt_Tex parameter MUST be set to use LensDirt02. Any other texture simply will not register unless you rename it LensDirt02.

That is bizarre. KS3P is programmed to grab the dirt texture as follows:

dirtTex = GameDatabase.Instance.GetTexture(BNode.GetValue("Dirt_Tex"), false);

Ergo:

"The dirt texture is equal to the output of the function 'GetTexture' in GameDatabase/Instance"
"GetTexture: find the texture at filepath f, and a boolean: is the texture a normal map?"
"Filepath f is equal to the value assigned to the config node entry 'Dirt_Tex'."
"Texture cannot be a normal map, so false."

As you can see, it simply processes the filepath assigned to Dirt_Tex. Therefore the name should not matter in the slightest. Are you certain that you updated the config (taking in mind that each scene has its own configuration) to link to these new textures?

3 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

As you can see, it simply processes the filepath assigned to Dirt_Tex. Therefore the name should not matter in the slightest. Are you certain that you updated the config (taking in mind that each scene has its own configuration) to link to these new textures?

Well, I guess I didn’t. I was simply testing everything at the KSC and must have missed the other lens dirt nodes in the cfg. I guess that solves that! :) sorry for the false alarm. Hope you like the dirty lens textures!

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well, I guess I didn’t. I was simply testing everything at the KSC and must have missed the other lens dirt nodes in the cfg. I guess that solves that! :) sorry for the false alarm. Hope you like the dirty lens textures!

They're great! I'm adding them to the next version (giving proper credit of course).

In fact, I'm working on KS3P V2 right now, on the planner are:

- A new boolean for the Bloom node: 'Dirt_Enabled'. If this is set to true, the profile will react as it does in V1, if it is set to false:

- The dirt texture is set to the 'null texture'

- The dirt intensity is set to 1

This should effectively terminate the dirt effect

- Smart searching for configs (as requested by @Galileo). In V2, KS3P will search through the GameData directory for all KS3P config files, and process the first one it finds. That way, KS3P configurations can be bundled with mods.

- [possibly] custom profiles for EVA, IVA, map view, etc. That one's a tough nut to track, but I hope I can work some magic by using KSP's event system.

...I think I might actually have made a way to set different profiles depending on the flight state (map view, EVA, IVA)

Spoiler

void Update()
        {
            //If we are not in flight, we have no business here.
            if (!HighLogic.LoadedSceneIsFlight) { return; }

if (MapView.MapIsEnabled) //Are we in map view?
            {
                PatchCamera(ProfileParser.EffectApplier.MapView, ProfileParser.EffectApplier.MapViewExists);
                return;
            }
            else if (InternalCamera.Instance.isActive) //Not map view, but IVA perhaps?
            {
                PatchCamera(ProfileParser.EffectApplier.IVA, ProfileParser.EffectApplier.IVAExists);
                return;
            }
            else if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.isEVA) //Neither map nor EVA, but are we EVA perhaps?
            {
                PatchCamera(ProfileParser.EffectApplier.EVA, ProfileParser.EffectApplier.EVAExists);
                return;
            }
            else //We are not in map view, not in IVA, and not in EVA. Therefore we set the default flight.
            {
                PatchCamera(ProfileParser.EffectApplier.Flight, Enabled);
            }
        }

Releasing KS3P V2 now.

Changelog:

- The 'Flight' scene profile node now only counts for when in flight, not in EVA, IVA or map view.
- Three new scene profile nodes: 'EVA', 'IVA', and 'MapView'.
- Five new less noisy dust textures (credit: Galileo).
- Bloom nodes now have a new entry: 'Dirt_Enabled'. If it is set to false, specifying Dirt_Tex and Dirt_Intensity is not necessary, lens dirt will be disabled regardless. If it is true, continue as normal.
- Repaired the custom Vector2 parser, users can now setup color curves correctly.
- KS3P no longer requires a config file in a fixed position, instead it searches the entire GameData directory for a 'Post_Processing' node.
- The lens dirt effect has been toned down for the default configuration.
- License & Readme file moved
- Config layout change:

Old:
Post_Processing
{
  Scene = Flight
}
Post_Processing
{
  Scene = MainMenu
}
  etc

New:
Post_Processing
{
  SETUP
  {
    Scene = Flight
  }
  SETUP
  {
    Scene
  }
  etc
}

Edited by The White Guardian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.