3 hours ago, juanml82 said:

I love this mod, I seriously do. One question though, one of the settings, I guess within the Bloom effect, dims the skybox too much, is there a way to mitigate that, so the screen isn't so black during the night?

^^^^^ This. I can't see the stars anymore, not at night and half the time, not in orbit either.

I seem to experience massive slowdowns and glitching to the point of being unable to play when EVA'ing on the KSC, especially if I open a KIS window. It might just be my GPU crapping out, it has it coming, but has anyone else seen something like that. Will provided log and scenario once I reinstall (Removing KS3P solved the slowdown, making it a prime suspect).

@Freshmeat - yeah, I installed this mod yesterday and toyed with it for an hour or so, today I decided to give Osmium's Subtle config a try and got these massive slowdowns when EVA (in my case on the Mun). So it seems like not all these settings are GPU friendly. If I were you I'd open a config and comment out all EVA scene settings or replace them with one for flight for example (one that causes no problems). If it helps then uncomment them one at a time until you find the one causing problems. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

I am currently about to test a patch that should do the following:

- Fix skybox being affected by KS3P while it should be untouched (this fixes anti-aliasing and bloom affecting the skybox)

- Fix lens dirt drawing

- Remove scaled space post-processing for now (IE, map view and tracking station) as it was causing issues. (I plan on removing this feature pretty much permanently at this point - it's causing nothing but trouble.)

I'll let you all know what I found as soon as possible.

@HebaruSan if I update KS3P, do I need to make any changes for CKAN?

5 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

@HebaruSan if I update KS3P, do I need to make any changes for CKAN?

Usually no. There's a bot that crawls about every 3-4 hours that will pull the latest version from SpaceDock.

If you changed the file structure in the download or need to add dependencies, that's when an update of the metadata might be needed.

I have 8GB of RAM and 2GB of RAM on my video card. My slowdowns seemed to be caused by something what looked like a memory dump to the hard drive. This spiked HD usage to 50% (seems like maximum usage per process in may case, as this was a solid, constant 50%, or maybe it shows write time only, the other 50% being read time?) and probably some RAM and CPU too. Not only KSP slowed down, everything slowed down due to this (nothing crashed however). Subtle.cfg and Default.cfg look rather similar, the biggest difference I noticed in case of EVA (and IVA) is Bloom Intensity set to 5, as opposed to 0.73 in the default config. Could it be the cause? 

4.0 has some kind of GPU memory usage issue. In a clean install with just KS3P (default config) entering the game, going to another scene, waiting a while, and then back to KSC results in my GPU's memory quickly filling to maximum. (As mesured by MSI Afterburner) Sometimes this crashes the game immediately, other times I can play for a while with bad stuttering before a crash.T

This does not occur in previous versions of the mod where memory usage isn't even a third of the maximum achieved here. If there's anything I can do to help narrow down the issue let me know.

Windows 10 x64, Nvidia Titan X Pascal (12GB).

@JebIsDeadBaby I have a similar amount of RAM on the GPU, and the symptom is the same, i.e. massive harddisk activity (98% in task manager). However, I think I still had plenty of RAM to spare on the mainboard so I am a bit at a loss here. Another difference is the grain, but I do not know how much RAM different parameters use. My time will be limited until weekend at least, though, but I will keep an eye on this thread if you come up with something.

Fantastic mod with little impact on performance. I'm using i5-7200u with 4 g ram, hd graphics 620 and have stable 30+ fps with Anti Aliasing quality 5 and pretty much all other options on. Managed to set up skybox dimming so that it would appear if nothing bright like sun or planet is visible. However documentation would be nice to have as well as some guide to set up ksp-like enviroment in unity so that you can see clearly how parameters affects image ingame. 

20 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

@JebIsDeadBaby I have a similar amount of RAM on the GPU, and the symptom is the same, i.e. massive harddisk activity (98% in task manager). However, I think I still had plenty of RAM to spare on the mainboard so I am a bit at a loss here. Another difference is the grain, but I do not know how much RAM different parameters use. My time will be limited until weekend at least, though, but I will keep an eye on this thread if you come up with something.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:09 PM, Cheesecake said:

The newest KS3P is spamming the log with this entries:

Here are my logs:

output_log.txt

KSP.log

if it happens in dx11 try this:

On 2/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, The White Guardian said:

I have received another report of that issue - just remove every instance of the Eye Adaptation node in the settings.

Released hotfix update V4.1
This update does the following:

- Revamped the code to fix the following issues: skybox being affected by KS3P, lens dirt and chromatic abberation not working, and exception spam on some systems
- The ability to load multiple profiles has been removed (multiple profiles are supported, but only one is loaded). The default setup can either be edited through ModuleManager, or deleted entirely in favor of another post-processing profile setup placed elsewhere.
- The ability to swap profiles or disable KS3P in-game has been removed. This will be re-added soon.
- Settings.cfg made obsolete, as none of its functions are required anymore.

Users can still make their own post-processing profiles without having to alter the default profile, through ModuleManager.

For example, if we want to add Dithering to the KSC:

@KS3P
{
	@SETUP:HAS[Scene[KSC]]
	{
		Dithering
		{
		}
	}
}

Explained:

"@KS3P" -> edit the KS3P config node instead of adding one
"@SETUP:HAS[Scene[KSC]]" -> edit the SETUP config node that has an entry named Scene with an assigned
value of KSC.
Afterwards all values of the KSC node can be edited. Effects can be added, removed, and edited:

@KS3P
{
	@SETUP:HAS[Scene[KSC]]
	{
		@Bloom
		{
			%Dirt_Intensity = 4
		}
	}
}
Edited by The White Guardian

Upon installing the v4.1 update, I could not see any post-processing effects.

For clarification: stock install, stock KS3P, my config disabled.

Everything in the log relating to KS3P:

[LOG 15:34:43.874] Load(Assembly): KS3P/Plugins/KS3P.Processor
[LOG 15:34:43.874] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/cy4n/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KS3P/Plugins/KS3P.Processor.dll
[LOG 15:34:43.876] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KS3P_Processor' V1.0
[LOG 15:34:43.877] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KS3P_Shaders' V1.0
[LOG 15:34:43.877] Load(Assembly): KS3P/Plugins/KS3P.Shaders
[LOG 15:34:43.877] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/cy4n/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KS3P/Plugins/KS3P.Shaders.dll
[LOG 15:34:43.878] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KS3P_Shaders' V1.0
[LOG 15:34:43.878] Load(Assembly): KS3P/Plugins/KS3P
[LOG 15:34:43.878] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/cy4n/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KS3P/Plugins/KS3P.dll
[LOG 15:34:43.879] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KS3P_Core' V1.0
[LOG 15:34:43.879] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KS3P_Processor' V1.0
[LOG 15:34:43.879] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KS3P_Shaders' V1.0
KS3P.Shaders v1.0.0.0
KS3P.Processor v1.0.0.0
KS3P v1.0.0.0
KS3P
[LOG 15:34:45.874] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/LensDirt00
[LOG 15:34:46.365] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/LensDirt01
[LOG 15:34:46.971] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/LensDirt02
[LOG 15:34:47.524] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/LensDirt03
[LOG 15:34:48.002] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/NeutralLUT_16
[LOG 15:34:48.007] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/NeutralLUT_32
[LOG 15:34:48.016] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/Null
[LOG 15:34:48.019] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/SpectralLut_BlueRed
[LOG 15:34:48.025] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/SpectralLut_GreenPurple
[LOG 15:34:48.028] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/SpectralLut_PurpleGreen
[LOG 15:34:48.031] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/SpectralLut_RedBlue
[LOG 15:34:48.033] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/Galileo_Textures/LensDirt00
[LOG 15:34:48.051] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/Galileo_Textures/LensDirt01
[LOG 15:34:48.066] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/Galileo_Textures/LensDirt02
[LOG 15:34:48.090] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/Galileo_Textures/LensDirt03
[LOG 15:34:48.114] Load(Texture): KS3P/Textures/Galileo_Textures/LensDirt04
[LOG 15:35:19.453] Config(KS3P) KS3P/Config/KS3P
KS3P.Shaders                            1.0.0.0                  1.0.0.0                  1.0                      37d383e23c060b5b26498c5da3648005095ca7b232608aa96db963a49cb88a95
  KS3P.Processor                          1.0.0.0                  1.0.0.0                  1.0                      33fa73a4d805174f8a1ef768abaea5a2980d809447dc0e9815c28523e1999cfb
  KS3P                                    1.0.0.0                  1.0.0.0                  1.0                      1a9d18a8c86dcf021c8cfe69aad61c4470f1e37ef379e3f409d072db0d0303cd
[LOG 15:35:20.020] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[KS3P] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.020] [ModuleManager] :FOR[KS3P] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.020] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[KS3P] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.020] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[KS3P.PROCESSOR] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.021] [ModuleManager] :FOR[KS3P.PROCESSOR] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.021] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[KS3P.PROCESSOR] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.021] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[KS3P.SHADERS] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.021] [ModuleManager] :FOR[KS3P.SHADERS] pass
[LOG 15:35:20.021] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[KS3P.SHADERS] pass
[LOG 15:35:43.520] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MMenu_Manager' from assembly 'KS3P_Core'
[LOG 15:35:43.791] [KS3P]: Booting up...

Edited by Osmium
Added logs

Thanks for the update. However, in 4.1 the mod doesn't seem to do anything at all.

ksp.log https://hastebin.com/citatekeha.txt

It appears to be loading, but it has no effect on any scene. Config is default, KS3P is the only mod.

EDIT: 4.2 seems to have fixed the issue, whatever it was. Thanks!

Edited by Sentrus
New info.

Aaaaargh! It's even more beautiful!

I got the update notification while at work, so I had no other choice but to download, install and test run a bit while at work, and now I'm almost crying again! The dirty lens effect struck me with it's stunning beauty! Superb update!

Best regards,

Björn

Released hotfix V4.2:

- Improved loader code

- Streamlined default configuration (had to... 'tame' the bloom a little)

1 hour ago, Midline said:

Aaaaargh! It's even more beautiful!

I got the update notification while at work, so I had no other choice but to download, install and test run a bit while at work, and now I'm almost crying again! The dirty lens effect struck me with it's stunning beauty! Superb update!

Best regards,

Björn

You're most welcome! :)

19 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

How do I do this with Settings.cfg now obsolete?

As I wrote a little later in the message you're quoting, you can write a 'module manager patch' to target the default KS3P configuration and edit it as you see fit. You can also delete the stock setup entirely by writing your own setup, but writing it like this:

!KS3P {} //Tell ModuleManager to delete the KS3P node

KS3P //Create your own, new, KS3P node for KS3P to target
{
	//Your setup goes here
}

I'm having an issue with the mod, don't know if it has to do with the settings but even the default ones seem to cause it.

It's only happening when I use DX11 so for the moment I've switched to dx9 but if there's a way of fixing the issue that'd be pretty cool. (Because I think I've noticed better perfomance with dx11 in the past, but this mod is better than performance itself :D )

When I load the game, everything is fine and beautiful, however as soon as I launch a rocket everything is just turned upside down, and the bug persists when I come back to the KSC scene.

It's a bit hard to explain so I've made a few screenshots : 

Spoiler

NndC9Kt.pngXUYqRpB.pngx1NPxTb.png

Edited by lBoBl

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.