I tried using -force-glcore, but all the planets were black. I also got spam of 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KS3P.Shaders.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial)
	KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination)

Enable OpenGL Core when compiling shaders: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UsingDX11GL3Features.html 

22 hours ago, N70 said:

I tried using -force-glcore, but all the planets were black. I also got spam of 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KS3P.Shaders.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial)
	KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination)

Enable OpenGL Core when compiling shaders: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UsingDX11GL3Features.html 

I'm getting the exact same error when trying OpenGL Core, or DX11.

Actually I think it may be these lines in the code causing it to not properly load and/or run the compute shader.

https://github.com/TheWhiteGuardian/KS3P/blob/master/KS3Code/Shaders/Unity.cs#L1426-L1427

Notably the path specified points to... something in the Unity Editor Project setup that is not present in the mod distribution.  Makes sense, as this feature doesn't work for DX11 or OpenGL (null-refs on either).  Under DX9 it should be skipped entirely due to compute shaders being unsupported ( https://github.com/TheWhiteGuardian/KS3P/blob/master/KS3Code/Shaders/Unity.cs#L1376-L1384 ).

On 2/18/2018 at 3:49 AM, DjPreside said:

Thank you very much. If you need logs from a different computer or you want another computer to test your builds let me know and consider me available.

Also, I don't understand if I'm using DoF wrong or if it's just a work in progress. In this picture, the object is near the camera but it's completely blurred; then look at the asphalt and how it's blurred, it's like there's no transition. Also, the DoF has a bad behavior in IVAs, as visible here.

I'm looking at the DOF settings now to see if anything obvious can be tweaked. It's sort of working in the inverse from what we're expecting/wanting, and it's probably the default #s.

On 15.4.2018 at 5:22 PM, IceTitan said:

This mod looks cool when the sun is shining but i cant see anything on the dark side of planets.

Is there an option for that?

Same here. I forgot to say, i'm running on SVE, SVT, EVE, PlanetShine and Distant Objects Enhancement.

Edited by LeLeon

On 15.04.2018 at 6:22 PM, IceTitan said:

This mod looks cool when the sun is shining but i cant see anything on the dark side of planets.

Is there an option for that?

S1Oif7r.png

this is the problem :( 

Although it is very dark in the morning for KS3P

And the night is darker

(mun or minmus same)

(On the surface)

İ m'not see the Surface

Edited by emirkustirika

2 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

What means AO feature?

Oh, sorry -- Ambient Occlusion, and it creates a light/shadow effect to better imitate brightness and shadow. You can see it in this post (the image it refers to is above it). It's kind of fuzzy, but you can see it around the wheels. It creates the shadow effect.

To people that find that KSP is a bit too dark with KS3P - it's likely because of the Tonemapper. Currently it uses the ACES Filmic preset by default which boosts the saturation, and this may lower the brightness overall as KSP is a bit dark.

So, two solutions present themselves. The easy one and the advanced one, each with pros and cons.

Easy solution: Just delete the 'Color_Grading' node for the Flight and EVA scenes, and potentially IVA. Pros: Easy fix. Cons: It dumps the benefits of tonemapping, namely better colors.

Advanced solution: manually configure the Color_Grading with a boost. I'll work on implementing such a setup for the next release of KS3P.

Speaking of which, I'll be releasing KS3P V5.1 as soon as 1.4.3 drops. I mean, I might as well check for compatibility and release afterwards rather than release now and risk incompatibility in a few days. This update will feature 1.4.3 support and a feature suggested by @Gameslinx regarding the Settings.cfg file. It's not an important change, it just changes the way KS3P handles the settings file so ModuleManager can patch it.

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

To people that find that KSP is a bit too dark with KS3P - it's likely because of the Tonemapper. Currently it uses the ACES Filmic preset by default which boosts the saturation, and this may lower the brightness overall as KSP is a bit dark.

So, two solutions present themselves. The easy one and the advanced one, each with pros and cons.

Easy solution: Just delete the 'Color_Grading' node for the Flight and EVA scenes, and potentially IVA. Pros: Easy fix. Cons: It dumps the benefits of tonemapping, namely better colors.

Advanced solution: manually configure the Color_Grading with a boost. I'll work on implementing such a setup for the next release of KS3P.

Speaking of which, I'll be releasing KS3P V5.1 as soon as 1.4.3 drops. I mean, I might as well check for compatibility and release afterwards rather than release now and risk incompatibility in a few days. This update will feature 1.4.3 support and a feature suggested by @Gameslinx regarding the Settings.cfg file. It's not an important change, it just changes the way KS3P handles the settings file so ModuleManager can patch it.

But how do you manually configure it? All I have in the configuration file is

Color_Grading
        {
            Preset = ACES
        }

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Oh, sorry -- Ambient Occlusion, and it creates a light/shadow effect to better imitate brightness and shadow. You can see it in this post (the image it refers to is above it). It's kind of fuzzy, but you can see it around the wheels. It creates the shadow effect.

Thanks! This info solved my problem with KS3P and D3D11 command line!

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

How do I get this to work, I don't quite understand how to install it, is it like a mod, drag and drop in the gamedata folder or no

Yup.  Then run the game.  Use alt 2 and alt 3 to start and stop the effect.  Copy the config file and make a new profile (think kerbalism profiles) and play with the settings.

The setup install instructions using Unity are for playing with config settings on the fly as it were.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

How do I get this to work, I don't quite understand how to install it, is it like a mod, drag and drop in the gamedata folder or no

Drag and drop, but if you don't manually edit the configuration file inside the mod folder, all the effects are active and very noticeable. IMHO, this is one of the best mods for KSP, but it needs a gui to make it user friendly. KSP, after all, is a game, not an open source software process aimed at software developers.

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Yup.  Then run the game.  Use alt 2 and alt 3 to start and stop the effect.  Copy the config file and make a new profile (think kerbalism profiles) and play with the settings.

The setup install instructions using Unity are for playing with config settings on the fly as it were.

Peace.

wait -- the alt-# is what does it? gah! :D

That being said, I still need to find a happier medium of settings -- my skybox is totally invisible at night from the surface, and is barely there when in space (with no sun/bright object showing). Removing color grading altogether helped a tiny bit, but there's obviously more at work.

46 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

wait -- the alt-# is what does it? gah! :D

That being said, I still need to find a happier medium of settings -- my skybox is totally invisible at night from the surface, and is barely there when in space (with no sun/bright object showing). Removing color grading altogether helped a tiny bit, but there's obviously more at work.

Yes and if you set up other profiles, alt 8 or 9 will switch between them I think.

Obviously for mac and Linux users the alt is whatever the modifier key is.

Glad to have helped.

Peace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.