On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, 1990eam said:

Yeah and using OpenGl breaks KS3P in the same way dx11 does. 

I'm just using dx9 and have yet to find what graphics are rendered incorrectly, so there's that.

23 minutes ago, proto85 said:

Does this work in gl core? I am getting some issues when I try to use it with that command but I would love to use this and texture unlimited at the same time.

one page back 

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a issue with this KS3P (KS3P-V5.0) and the latest Scatterer (scatterer-0.0331b) in KSP 1.4.5 (I tested this with only does 2 mods installed). It seems to create some sort of mirrored overlay which is upside down.

Album a/8UFPzg9 will appear when post is submitted

Is it just something with my system or has anyone else gotten KSP 1.4.5 to work with these two mods? Any solutions? I checked the forum but didnt see anything like my issue.

(Note: Again although the screenshots show more mods installed I did this with just the two installed. Using either one of them alone works)

EDIT: Alright, so my bad, should have checked the Scatterer post. I had removed my KS3P and decided to move on with scatterer just because of the wider dependency and after setting up my new super-hardcore career (which I will actually try to complete this time before moving on to RSS hardcore). Well after changing a totally unrelated setting for HidingUnresearchable Tech the glitch reoccurred and there was no restart or reinstalling scatterer that could fix it. You can delete settings.cfg from your KSP directory and it will fix it (it will clear your graphical settings like fullscreen and resolution so you will have to reset that)

Thank You!

EvWoN

Edited by EvWoN

If I close the gui,I get 60 FPS in flight. If I open gui, I get 40 FPS. Does ks3p relate to it?

Edit: trying to test it, will report back the result

Edit 2: it's unrelated. With no KS3p the game does that too. (It's because of having too many windows) 

On the unrelated side, AA quality didn't have impact on fps whether you set all entries to 0 or to 4(with no other visual mods)

Someone reported KS3P having memory leak. It seems I also have experienced it while testing.

the only startup parameter I have is -popupwindow

Edited by ssd21345

Thanks for the cool mod! I have a question regarding Motion Blur. Does it work with the game because you have not added it by default. I tried all kinds of combinations but I either don't get it right or it is not added to the parser.

Motion_Blur
	{
		Shutter_Angle = 180
		Sample_Count = 8
		Frame_Blending = 0.15
	}

This is how it looks in Unity's .asset file

motionBlur:
    m_Enabled: 0
    m_Settings:
      shutterAngle: 180
      sampleCount: 8
      frameBlending: 0.15

I checked your code and I can't spot any obvious errors.

Edited by LukasKerman

@LukasKerman Your config looks fine but unfortunately, the mod seems to have an issue with Motionblur :(

I just tried it on my own, and got a 'MissingMethodException' spam in the log:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier.op_Implicit'.
  at KS3P.Shaders.MotionBlurComponent.PopulateCommandBuffer (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cb) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.TryExecuteCommandBuffer[MotionBlurModel] (KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingComponentCommandBuffer`1 component) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnPreRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I already peaked into the source code but I barely understand what's going on there and the unity documentation is not very helpful.
I wasn't aware of this issue when I suggested this mod to you, I'm really sorry :( 

@The White Guardian Any ideas how to fix that?

8 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@LukasKerman Your config looks fine but unfortunately, the mod seems to have an issue with Motionblur :(

I just tried it on my own, and got a 'MissingMethodException' spam in the log:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier.op_Implicit'.
  at KS3P.Shaders.MotionBlurComponent.PopulateCommandBuffer (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cb) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.TryExecuteCommandBuffer[MotionBlurModel] (KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingComponentCommandBuffer`1 component) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnPreRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I already peaked into the source code but I barely understand what's going on there and the unity documentation is not very helpful.
I wasn't aware of this issue when I suggested this mod to you, I'm really sorry :( 

@The White Guardian Any ideas how to fix that?

No problem! I'm glad we found a bug! The other options this mod enables are great as well! The reason I need motion blur is my animations use it as well so using KSP footage alongside makes it look really weird. However, I'm not sure how well this post processing handles particles like exhausts. Adding motion blur to hundreds of objects seems complicated but they could also be ignored. I'm not entirely sure how this works.

Edited by LukasKerman

2 hours ago, LukasKerman said:

however, I'm not sure how well this post processing handles particles like exhausts. Adding motion blur to hundreds of objects seems complicated but they could also be ignored. I'm not entirely sure how this works.

Having more or less geometry shouldn't increase the cost of the effect.  As a post-processing effect, it mostly cares about how many pixels it needs to render (fill-rate), and how many passes it needs to do over the screen.

You can actually experiment with the exact effects being used by KSP3P inside the Unity Editor -- download the post-process package, and play away.  So you can see for yourself how it would work with particles :)  (well, you can see how it would would with particles, if it worked; I'm fairly sure that can be fixed in time).

3 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Having more or less geometry shouldn't increase the cost of the effect.  As a post-processing effect, it mostly cares about how many pixels it needs to render (fill-rate), and how many passes it needs to do over the screen.

You can actually experiment with the exact effects being used by KSP3P inside the Unity Editor -- download the post-process package, and play away.  So you can see for yourself how it would work with particles :)  (well, you can see how it would would with particles, if it worked; I'm fairly sure that can be fixed in time).

I don't know how exactly the Unity motion blur works but the name post processing might be a little misleading in that case. You need vector information of an object's movement in order to blur it somewhat nicely. Otherwise you could simply post process it in a video editor and it would look the same (which is not the case). A rendered frame loses all its information about objects and movements so motion blur gets way harder! This is similar to ambient occlusion. It is not added after the final image is rendered but somewhere in between, when it still knows what individual objects are and where they intersect.

Edited by LukasKerman

Just now, LukasKerman said:

You need vector information of an object's movement in order to blur it somewhat nicely. Otherwise you could simply post process it in a video editor and it would look the same (which is not the case).

Internally Unity is already capturing per-frame 'motion vector buffers', even if nothing uses them (may need to be turned on/enabled in setting somewhere).  https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/DepthTextureMode.MotionVectors.html

The MotionBlur post-process effects use this information to do their magic.

2 minutes ago, LukasKerman said:

This is similar to ambient occlusion. It is of course also not added after the final image is rendered!

Actually -- it is (screen-space ambient occlusion anyway).  The effect works by comparing each pixel against its neighbors, checking the depth-buffer for the frame and checking out where depth changes are, it is the relative depth between the current pixel and its neighbors that determine the 'occlusion' effect.  Which is why SSAO is also 'really poor' in quality compared to full mesh-and-raycast based offline AO baking (or the mythical run-time raytraced occlusion...).

https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/Manual/script-ScreenSpaceAmbientOcclusion.html

Thanks for that, I guess I learned something! What I now however wonder is if it would be possible to record this information separately from the gameplay so that you could use it in a video editor. Games could do it for video makers so that you could add real motion blur to your game footage, while not having to bother with it while you're actually playing. That should be a thing! Like a smartphone camera that records its own accelerator data to later apply it as a post processing image stabilization.

Also, does Unity's motion blur only work on camera movement or also on object movement? I tried it in Unity and it looks like the objects get blured when they move relative to the camera. However, I'm not sure if that's really the motion blur or just my sh*tty monitor xD More tests are needed I guess..

Edited by LukasKerman

49 minutes ago, LukasKerman said:

Also, does Unity's motion blur only work on camera movement or also on object movement?

Both, or so the documentation states.

49 minutes ago, LukasKerman said:

What I now however wonder is if it would be possible to record this information separately from the gameplay so that you could use it in a video editor.

In theory... I think so.  As long as Unity exposes the entire buffer to script code, it should be possible to dump this every frame to some sort of file.  You would also need to come up with some sort of loading mechanism to get it into your video editor, and associated scripting so that it knew what to do with the data/how to use it.

I hope I don't offend anyone asking this, I'd just like to know if there is an in game way to alter the settings, I like this mod just wanna know if there is like a scale, I think a little bit of this mod would be nice in my opinion, for me, just not the full post processing, just a preference, if there isn't a way besides downloading the unity stuff then I understand and thank you in advance for letting me know, also Im writing this on page 1 and haven't seen the most recent page yet as I multitask and usually just ask things quickly so in case there is someone mentioning this above my post then I am unaware of it and I do not mean to insult or anger anyone

6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I hope I don't offend anyone asking this, I'd just like to know if there is an in game way to alter the settings, I like this mod just wanna know if there is like a scale, I think a little bit of this mod would be nice in my opinion, for me, just not the full post processing, just a preference, if there isn't a way besides downloading the unity stuff then I understand and thank you in advance for letting me know, also Im writing this on page 1 and haven't seen the most recent page yet as I multitask and usually just ask things quickly so in case there is someone mentioning this above my post then I am unaware of it and I do not mean to insult or anger anyone

Totally agree-- the "default" visuals for KS3P are with most everything "on" and "full" as a means of showing what the mod can do, not as a suggested set of configs. I back the effects almost down to minimum in my games, and it's much better, IMO.

There's supposedly a means of toggling effects on/off in-game, but I've never gotten that to work.

Otherwise for the moment it's only allowing for editing of the config files and re-launching the game to make changes.

Edited by Beetlecat

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Totally agree-- the "default" visuals for KS3P are with most everything "on" and "full" as a means of showing what the mod can do, not as a suggested set of configs. I back the effects almost down to minimum in my games, and it's much better, IMO.

There's supposedly a means of toggling effects on/off in-game, but I've never gotten that to work.

Otherwise for the moment it's only allowing for editing of the config files and re-launching the game to make changes.

can you send me your configs? So far Ive removed it from my install but hoping a few changes will allow me to add it back

4 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

can you send me your configs? So far Ive removed it from my install but hoping a few changes will allow me to add it back

it'll be some hours, but I'll send you the configs I've been using.

Basically I've switched off DOF (I *WANT* to see my craft when I zoom in...), toned down bloom, and lens dirt, and I may have even switched off the tone mapping. I guess what's left is that I'm using it for AA  (instead of using the game's AA) ;)

4 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Basically I've switched off DOF (I *WANT* to see my craft when I zoom in...), toned down bloom, and lens dirt, and I may have even switched off the tone mapping. I guess what's left is that I'm using it for AA  (instead of using the game's AA) ;)

Could you post a link to your config? I'm sure others would like to see them including myself

On 10/30/2018 at 3:49 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

@The White Guardian FYI recompiling the mod and recreating the Shader AssetBundle will solve the 'MissingMethodException' :) I just tested it in KSP 1.4.3 but I don't see any reasons why this should not work for higher versions as well ;)

edit: Recompiling for 1.5.1 works fine as well :)

@4x4cheesecake do the shaders need recreating for 1.5.1?

23 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

he said he would do it in a few hours no need to post this, read above your comment before filling up the forum with unnecessary posts

You don't really need to repeat my words back at me.

In his words, he said:

Spoiler

Which, oftentimes (not always), means that in a private message.  I requested they be posted in the forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.