3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

This looks awesome....but I am a bit confused...

@The White Guardian is this just for making screenshots look better or is it just visual enhancements for the game in general?

The game runs fine with the effects added. Some may look better in screenshot contexts, but it's not like some supersampling scenarios with stunning graphics but horrific frame rates.

54 minutes ago, Agustin said:

IT IS FOR THE GAME INDEED. i AM WAITING FOR AN 1.5.1 UPDATE THOUGH...

What's not working in 1.5?

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

What's not working in 1.5? 

I can confirm it's working in 1.5.1., at least it looks like I'm used to from before. But Beetlecat don't forget that most people (including me) completely stick to the version number advised here in the thread or in CKAN. I for example am only using it because it was installed already when I updated the game

@The White Guardian there are several problems that I have seen trying to use this mod.

When using this mod with the default config (dx11 forced) I see this errors.

[EXC 13:26:25.037] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KS3P.Shaders.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial)
	KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination)

Besides, the current code in Github doesn't corresponds with the binaries inside the Spacedock release. Would you mind to update github with the lastest code?

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

others have confirmed this mod doesn't play well with DX11 or OGL - author is looking to fix the latter right now, dunno about DX10+ support

Maybe is because the Unity assets budle has not been compiled for it? 

It would very useful to have dx11 support because actually most part of RSS players never use dx9 due to the crazy memory consumption. Dx11 uses  less memory and the performance is better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed to a 1.5.1 build with no changes to the install.

https://imgur.com/a/4CBioQq

The top is stock and the bottom is with the mod installed.  [oh the planet textures are something else]  It just gets darker?  The dark side of the planet.. reminds of me scatter.?  Really really dark.

I don't suppose someone has a .cfg file that like and wanna share?  Also, will this work with SVE?  Thanks again.

5 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

The top is stock and the bottom is with the mod installed.  [oh the planet textures are something else]  It just gets darker?  The dark side of the planet.. reminds of me scatter.?  Really really dark.

I don't suppose someone has a .cfg file that like and wanna share?  Also, will this work with SVE?  Thanks again.

The default config uses the 'ACES' preset for color grading which causes everything to appear darker. There is a really good config made by @Rocket In My Pocket which uses the 'neutral' preset instead:

And yes, it works fine with SVE and pretty much every other mod. At least, I don't know any other mod that uses any of the shaders from the post-processing stack.

28 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The default config uses the 'ACES' preset for color grading which causes everything to appear darker. There is a really good config made by @Rocket In My Pocket which uses the 'neutral' preset instead:

And yes, it works fine with SVE and pretty much every other mod. At least, I don't know any other mod that uses any of the shaders from the post-processing stack.

Thank you!  I got the config that you pointed out and will check it out tomorrow..  Going to play a little with 1.6 and then this and add in SVE.. again appreciate the support.

10 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Now.. please excuse my noobness here... this is like an ENB?  Correct?

If you talk about the Executive National Bank...no, that's not quiet similar :P But if you talk about this neat graphics enhancement tool called ENB...I'm not quiet sure though.

I have to admit, I never heard of ENB before but it looks like ReShade or the other shader-adding tool I forgot the name of. I know of ReShade that it redirects render commands to it's own DirectX driver in order to work and that's why it can be used for different games but AFAIK KS3P hooks into the existing render pipeline of KSP/Unity, adds some shaders on top of it and it is specifically written for for KSP. Every shader available in this mod can be found in the free post-processing stack of the unity asset store, I don't know where the shaders for ENB or ReShade are coming from.

On the technical 'how to achieve the goal' site, I would say there is a difference between KS3P and ENB but on the 'look at the cool result' site, it seem to be similar :)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

15 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Okay.. so that config was very nice...

Now.. please excuse my noobness here... this is like an ENB?  Correct?

Thanks! Always nice to hear someone is enjoying it!

Basically, in that they both add post processing effects over top of an already rendered game to make it look better.

Like @4x4cheesecake said above; ENB does it as sort of outside 3rd party program hooking into the game .exe, while KS3P works from within the confines of the game as a mod to bring out Unity features the game isn't using.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

5 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

I feel like this is a bit of a nooby question and there's an obvious fix to this problem but i can barely see the skybox, even on the night side. I'm playing on KSP 1.6

https://imgur.com/a/kJaUPRc

Which KS3P config do you use and do you also have Distant Object Enhancement installiert? The latter one can dim the skybox, depending on your camera position relative to the sun

3 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Which KS3P config do you use and do you also have Distant Object Enhancement installiert? The latter one can dim the skybox, depending on your camera position relative to the sun

Not sure about the config but I am using Distant Object Enhancement.

4 minutes ago, BlaZe119 said:

Not sure about the config but I am using Distant Object Enhancement.

Ok, let's check the DOE settings first, it's easier ;)

Just hit the DOE button in game and check for the 'Dynamic Sky Dimming' setting. It got a checkbox to enable/disable and a slider to adjust the dimming. For comparison:

Spoiler

Sky Dimming active:
J7DUtrG.png

No Sky Dimming:
XBGDAgq.png

6 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Ok, let's check the DOE settings first, it's easier ;)

Just hit the DOE button in game and check for the 'Dynamic Sky Dimming' setting. It got a checkbox to enable/disable and a slider to adjust the dimming. For comparison:

Hide contents

Sky Dimming active:
J7DUtrG.png

No Sky Dimming:
XBGDAgq.png

The sky is still extremely dark for me and I can see only a few stars.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.