5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

logs won't help, simply because the game does not crash but the gpu itself gets a crash to black screen and nothing goes into the log before that,

I assume you talk about the error.log which will be created on a game crash but I'm talking about the output_log, which will be written as soon as the game starts and since you got a screenshot which shows the issue, I guess that your game actually still launches and you can enter the game.

Many mod issues are already logged during the loading screen, so a log would actually help :)

will give it a try tomorrow to see if i find anything to share. right now, it's mid night my brain is already frozen after 6 crashes and restarting the pc

hmmm, shouldn't output_log sit under ksp_64_data? there is no output log there at all !

well i can tell you this much, using directX 9, the terrain would look ok but still would crash the gpu, using directx11 (for textures unlimited) or opengl, the terrain would get corrupted too. will try to see if i can find any output log tomorrow and be fast to copy ot before the pc crash.

Edited by Jiraiyah

3 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

ok. this is interesting. tried it again and crashed again but no file named output* that indicates a log file under ksp's folder at all !!!

http://prntscr.com/moy6vb

now an update, same deal is happening with scatterer !!!

Everytime you execute KSP_x64.exe a KSP.log file is generated in the very same folder where the exe is located. This log file is mandatory to perform any troubleshooting.

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

ok. this is interesting. tried it again and crashed again but no file named output* that indicates a log file under ksp's folder at all !!!

the output_log is kinda hidden:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt 

and the KSP.log is in the same directory as your KSP_x64.exe (in yiur case, it should be in D:\KSP)

31 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

the output_log is kinda hidden:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt 

and the KSP.log is in the same directory as your KSP_x64.exe (in yiur case, it should be in D:\KSP)

Heh, well, no wonder i get a crash ! tons of Null references, here is the log file. I really wish luck for who ever wants to recompile a clean and up to date working version !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85pbw1pjfilkadt/output_log.txt?dl=0

13 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Heh, well, no wonder i get a crash ! tons of Null references, here is the log file. I really wish luck for who ever wants to recompile a clean and up to date working version !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85pbw1pjfilkadt/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm pretty sure, that this is your problem:

KSP_x64.exe -force-d3d11 -popupwindow

KS3P doesn't (officially) support DX11 (IIRC it is planned for the next release) but in the meantime, @jrodriguez build a DX11 compatible version:

KSP itself doesn't officially support DX11, so you'll probably come across some other visual issues and it is something you should always mention if you run into a problem and report it here in the forum ;)

4 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I'm pretty sure, that this is your problem:

KSP_x64.exe -force-d3d11 -popupwindow

KS3P doesn't (officially) support DX11 (IIRC it is planned for the next release) but in the meantime, @jrodriguez build a DX11 compatible version:

KSP itself doesn't officially support DX11, so you'll probably come across some other visual issues and it is something you should always mention if you run into a problem and report it here in the forum ;)

thanks. i assume i can use the configs from community with this? and about mentioning it, look at my post bellow urs, i already told i am using dx11 for textures unlimited. but thanks for your great help.

also, those with nvidia specially ti series may want to look at my post here :

Edited by Jiraiyah

12 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

thanks. i assume i can use the configs from community with this?

I guess it will work fine. As far as I know, there is no difference between the offical and unoffical version except for the DX11 support but I've never tried it on my own.

14 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

i already told i am using dx11 for textures unlimited

Whoopsi :confused: *grabs a tissue to clean the glasses*

3 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I guess it will work fine. As far as I know, there is no difference between the offical and unoffical version except for the DX11 support but I've never tried it on my own.

Whoopsi :confused: *grabs a tissue to clean the glasses*

Still got the crash, but at least i don't get tons of NPE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfumid6idmn1f3w/output_log_dx11.txt?dl=0

The thing is that the game loads, but the moment you want a new game or load the game to ksc, it gets the same crash

Edited by Jiraiyah

20 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Can you upload the KSP.log file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7garihegf3m89n/KSP.log?dl=0

ok, got scatterer out, and got into the game, but....

http://prntscr.com/mp0jsa

was it suppose to look like this? am i right in suspecting it's too much bloom or do i need to tweak another setting?

Edited by Jiraiyah

20 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7garihegf3m89n/KSP.log?dl=0

was it suppose to look like this? am i right in suspecting it's too much bloom or do i need to tweak another setting?

Your KSP.log seems ok.

Regarding settings, you can download my whole KSP setup from here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixZLrjtqp-Rgr8zMWmGdItbzFHZfg

I have done more tweaks to the settings.

31 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Interesting, didn't know scatterer got issues with dx11 as well.

Hard to say what the reason for the bright sky now, have to guess here:

1) Check be the ambient light settings of Distant Object Enhancement

2) At least for testing purposes, disable the Eye_Adaptation of KS3P in the config file (probably bloom as well but it doesn't look like bloom). Look for:

Eye_Adaptation
        {
            Luminosity_Minimum = -8
            Luminosity_Maximum = 4
            Maximum_EV = -5
            Minimum_EV = 1
            Dynamic_Key_Value = True
            Type = 0
            Speed_Up = 2
            Speed_Down = 1
            Range = 0.5,1
            Key_Value = 0.3
        }

in the config file and put a // in front of each line (if you use notepad++, you can mark all lines and press ctrl + k). The entrywill appear multiple times for different scenes (flight, EVA, KSC...), be sure to disable all of them or to check the results in the scene settings you've changed.

Well, or try these ;)

3 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Regarding settings, you can download my whole KSP setup from here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixZLrjtqp-Rgr8zMWmGdItbzFHZfg

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

10 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Interesting, didn't know scatterer got issues with dx11 as well.

Hard to say what the reason for the bright sky now, have to guess here:

1) Check be the ambient light settings of Distant Object Enhancement

2) At least for testing purposes, disable the Eye_Adaptation of KS3P in the config file (probably bloom as well but it doesn't look like bloom). Look for:

Eye_Adaptation
        {
            Luminosity_Minimum = -8
            Luminosity_Maximum = 4
            Maximum_EV = -5
            Minimum_EV = 1
            Dynamic_Key_Value = True
            Type = 0
            Speed_Up = 2
            Speed_Down = 1
            Range = 0.5,1
            Key_Value = 0.3
        }

in the config file and put a // in front of each line (if you use notepad++, you can mark all lines and press ctrl + k). The entrywill appear multiple times for different scenes (flight, EVA, KSC...), be sure to disable all of them or to check the results in the scene settings you've changed.

Well, or try these ;)

yup, it's eye adaptation, and distance object's is 25% by default, until i get that 2gb beast downloaded ;) will stick to these. thanks

by the way, it would be nice if we had in game control menu to tweak these numbers and see the result asap lol

Edited by Jiraiyah

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Your KSP.log seems ok.

I have done more tweaks to the settings.

ok, two little surprises for you.

first scatterer still causes crash with your copy

second ks3p is even more bright compared to the picture i have sent before. need to tweak down the eye adaption myself.

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

ok, two little surprises for you.

first scatterer still causes crash with your copy

second ks3p is even more bright compared to the picture i have sent before. need to tweak down the eye adaption myself.

That is very strange regarding Scatterer. You should do a stock test with only Scatterer to ensure that it is not a interaction between others mods.

If you substitute your whole game data folder with mine it should work fine (it is my custom RO setup for KSP 1.6)

52 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

That is very strange regarding Scatterer. You should do a stock test with only Scatterer to ensure that it is not a interaction between others mods.

If you substitute your whole game data folder with mine it should work fine (it is my custom RO setup for KSP 1.6)

i exactly substituted and got the crash that time. but will test the solo scatterer tomorrow and update info

I've been playing around with KS3P this evening and generally I'm liking the visuals, especially bloom and depth of field.

However the default configuration gives an image that is too high contrast for my tastes (specifically too dark in the shaded areas), and I've been unsuccessful in altering it.

Changing the eye adaptation values doesn't seem to have any effect, even when making very large changes to the values, then comparing screenshot to see what difference takes place. If anyone has any suggestions regarding this I'd be grateful.

I'll download Unity 5.4 and the Post Processing Stack to see if I can work this out for myself, but hopefully someone has a suggestion that will save me the trouble.

Ok Ignore all that above, I just needed to change the Colour Grading profile from "ACES" to "Neutral".

Edited by purpleivan

After spending more time with the mod I've come across an issue that I've been unable to solve.

The issue is that I have 5 profiles, each with different depth of field settings. These work fine in flight mode, but when I go to EVA, the profile used reverts to that defines in Target in Settings.cfg. After that I can't change to the others profiles I have defined while in EVA, although I can turn off KS3P and if I hit Alt 8 or 9, the mod's visuals appear again, but again stuck in the single profile.

If I go back to flight mode, after EVA I can use the hotkeys again to change profiles.

I even tried reverting the changes I'd made to the EVA part of the profiles, to the original settings from the mod package, in case I'd screwed something up in them. Then I made a big change to Vignette intensity of one of the profiles' EVA settings so I had some distinct change to look for when switching profiles. However the behaviour was the same as before, no profile change in EVA.

So... any ideas?

I thought I'd post a few images I took today, in my Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation mission.

I'm definately liking the extra quality that KS3P is giving them.

ILNavvk.jpg

cnd7qOO.jpg

Eu9AV39.jpg

I'm using the Neutral Colour Grading profile, as I prefer it to the ACES one, but ideally I'd be able to put together my own that is somewhere between the two in terms of contrast.

Edited by purpleivan

This mod is so great.  Been messing with settings and added a film grain effect to the comm center to give it that degraded signal look!

?imw=1024&imh=640&ima=fit&impolicy=LetteIt's been impossible to stop messing around with stuff since I started playing with DoF etc.

Edited by mcbmaestro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.