ANOTHER NOTE

With lots of thanks to @Thomas P., I have implemented a quick method of finding the camera rendering for the screen. I will be testing this thoroughly over the next 12-24 hours.

Should it work without issue (which I expect it to) I will be releasing a second hotfix tomorrow that should re-enable and fix post-processing for the map view and tracking station once and for all.

29 minutes ago, Agustin said:

My save won't load with the last realease, I had to downgrade to v 2.0 and erased the map view and tracking station  lines in the config file.
2.1 freezes completely my computer when trying to load my save. I have to restart computer.

Found the issue for that, releasing a second hotfix in a minute.

This hotfix fixes hanging on some computers as well as re-enabling the, now working, tracking station and map view settings.

@Agustin update released. Can you confirm that this update fixes the save file hanging?

28 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

This hotfix fixes hanging on some computers as well as re-enabling the, now working, tracking station and map view settings.

@Agustin update released. Can you confirm that this update fixes the save file hanging?

It fixed it for me. 

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

The game loads now, but no effect of bloom/dirt lens 

I've already found the problem.

I wrote a quick plugin that, through something called a 'Coroutine', reports a list of all active cameras and all data I need to know about them, every 10 seconds.

This has provided me with invaluable insight - the current targeting method for KS3P is wrong yet again.

Apparently KSP has:

- Two cameras rendering for the UI (one of which is being targeted by accident instead of the main camera in KS3P V2.2)

- Two main cameras (which are targeted in KS3P V2.0 and below) which are inactive in map view and tracking station

Because I know now the names and tags of all active cameras in KSP, I have updated KS3P to:

- Target the right cameras per scene

- Apply post-processing to the skybox as well (not that handy for bloom, but tonemapping may yield nice results)

I'll release KS3P V3.0, which includes this highly accurate per-scene targeting method, tomorrow.

Last thing to say - I wish you all a happy 2018! :D

(And also - sorry about all of the camera inconvenience lately. KSP's camera setup is weird.)

10 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Last thing to say - I wish you all a happy 2018! :D

(And also - sorry about all of the camera inconvenience lately. KSP's camera setup is weird.)

To you as well! :)

No worries, if anyone seems impatient I'm sure it's just because they love the mod so much, I think this will (already has?) quickly become the most recommended visual mod in KSP, so congrats!

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

To you as well! :)

No worries, if anyone seems impatient I'm sure it's just because they love the mod so much, I think this will (already has?) quickly become the most recommended visual mod in KSP, so congrats!

Happy new year

Hi there

Seeing how nobody else seems to have the same problem I'm clearly being a moron to some extent. I've copied the download from Spacedock into my Gamedata folder, but the mod doesn't seem to be running, I can't see any visual changes at all. Is there anything I need to do with the configs or is it supposed to work out of the box?

EDIT

AV. Windows Defender picked up KS3P.dll as a Trojan and quarantined it. That'll do it. 

Edited by iammr_schuck

1 hour ago, iammr_schuck said:

AV. Windows Defender picked up KS3P.dll as a Trojan and quarantined it. That'll do it. 

That is the Windows Defender update that was uploaded to every windows 10 computer over the past few hours ... Microsoft wants to be one of the cool kids like Avast or Nod

Most of the .dll's in ksp and mods are gonna trigger it ... you will have to put in some exceptions for ksp now like other antivirus packages out there

3 hours ago, iammr_schuck said:

Hi there

Seeing how nobody else seems to have the same problem I'm clearly being a moron to some extent. I've copied the download from Spacedock into my Gamedata folder, but the mod doesn't seem to be running, I can't see any visual changes at all. Is there anything I need to do with the configs or is it supposed to work out of the box?

EDIT

The last two versions of KS3P had stupid bugs. I've been testing update V3.0 for public release (passing with flying colors btw so I'm releasing it in a matter of hours).

I don't know how WD could have mistaken it for a trojan and I'm genuinely surprised that it did - none of the code has anything to do with modifying anything at all on the computer. Then again WD is an absolute joke.

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

That is the Windows Defender update that was uploaded to every windows 10 computer over the past few hours ... Microsoft wants to be one of the cool kids like Avast or Nod

Most of the .dll's in ksp and mods are gonna trigger it ... you will have to put in some exceptions for ksp now like other antivirus packages out there

Well, if I'd get a dollar for every time a Microsoft 'fix' ends up making things ten times worse, I could start my own game creation studio. :P

KS3P V3.0 released.

- Fixed a bug causing post-processing effects to not display on some systems

- Drastically improved the accuracy of the camera targeter

- Adding post-processing effects to the skybox is now possible

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Can anyone that was having the 'no-effect' issue in V2.2 check if this issue is resolved in V3.0? It should work on all systems, but I want to be certain that I got rid of this issue for good, for each platform.

Sure, gimme a sec and I'll check it out; just downloaded it this morning.

UPDATE: So everything looks great as far as the effects, they are all working now.

However I did run into a very odd bug when switching back and forth between map view and ship view near Kerbin where the entire screen was basically blue besides the icons and the actual ship. Seems to happen every time, when returning to your ship from map view. Going back to the space center fixes it temporarily.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Can confirm as well. A strange thing that also happens is that I see the dirty lens when I'm in the space center menu, but if I enter the VAB or launch a vessel I can't see it anymore; the other effects should be probably working, it's hard to tell even because I'm even using Spectra at the same time. If you need screenshots or log, tell me and I'll provide them.

5 hours ago, Agustin said:

Yes, 3.0 seems to be working now

Actually I can confirm the same bug. Blue screen.
Dx11 
Windows 10

4 hours ago, DjPreside said:

Can confirm as well. A strange thing that also happens is that I see the dirty lens when I'm in the space center menu, but if I enter the VAB or launch a vessel I can't see it anymore; the other effects should be probably working, it's hard to tell even because I'm even using Spectra at the same time. If you need screenshots or log, tell me and I'll provide them.

I can also confirm both. Here is a log file: https://nofile.io/f/NvJyPrH5VQB/output_log.zip. I hope it helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.