1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

KS3P currently has a non-dynamic DoF because of how the Unity asset is built. I will look into improving this behaviour, but I cannot make any promises.

As for bokeh - I have never heard of it and have only looked into it just now. This would be an example of Bokeh, correct?

DepthOfFieldScatter.png

Specifically the hexagons in the background, not the dude looking like he just found out that someone stole his lunch. Note that the above image was actually made in Unity Engine, by the looks of the page that I have this from, it is a built-in feature. The manual was for Unity 5.5 however and KSP currently runs on Unity 5.4, so I do not know how much I can do here before KSP 1.4. Again, I'll look into this - should I get this built-in bokeh (assuming that I did not overlook something and it is indeed built-in) to work, then it seems that I can also force it into a user-definable shape. IE, you can choose any kind of bokeh shape (circle, hexagon, octagon, teapot...)

In fact, it seems like there are a lot of beauty features that ship with a standard assets package that I seem to have missed - including things such as sun shafts, lens flares on overbright bloom. These features do seem to be relying on DX11 however, and are all separate scripts. I therefore may have to work some magic.

Before I forget - I am also looking into HDR, because it works great with bloom. I will have to do some testing with KSP's built-in cameras however.

Yes, in the picture, it's the hexagons. The hexagon shapes are because of the Iris. As it closes you begin to see in the bokeh that the iris is made of several plates (6 plates in your picture), trying to form a circle. The more you close the iris, the smaller the hexagon gets. Opening the iris and the hexagon will eventually become a circle. Iris's in more expensive lenses are made of more plates (I have seen up to 11 plates so far). This gets you a circular bokeh, even when closing the iris.

This would be a bokeh of a mirror lens: sigma_mirror_lens_-_white_rod1_of_1.jpg

And finally a bokeh of an anamorphic lens:

468620076_1280x720.jpg

Edited by Benji

The newest KS3P is spamming the log with this entries:

[EXC 12:02:19.386] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KS3P.Shaders.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial)

Here are my logs:

output_log.txt

KSP.log

Hey there 

First of all thx for your great work and your ongoing support...

I have played a bit with Ks3p but i realized that I dont see any depth of field or Lens Dirt effects in KSP - Bloom and Color Correction is there though.

I have tried with a fresh Install of KSP 1.3.1

Thx for the help

Thanks for this mod! Just installed it yesterday, it works great and is very performant. Even better is how easy it is to get working, don't need to go through all the hassle that you'd need with ReShader.

I did need to make a minor tweak from the default configuration. I noticed whenever I zoomed the camera in really close to any object, it would go completely black and silhouetted. It looks especially bad on a Kerbal on EVA, as zooming in even remotely close would cause their EVA suit to lose all texture. Fortunately it's a simple fix, I just changed the config to set the Use_Camera_FOV value in the Depth_Of_Field section from False to True in all instances. The odd silhouette issues immediately cleared up. So if anyone else encounters the same issue, that's all you need to do to fix it.

One other thing I noticed: if you use the Anti Aliasing this shader provides, it also tries to apply AA to the skybox, which causes a lot of high-res skybox textures (Rareden's 8K and Galenmacil's RSS Galaxy both are affected) to have their stars blurred out and effectively turned invisible. If you turn AA off, you can see all of the stars in your skybox texture, but then obviously you have no AA. I doubt there's anything that can be done there, seems like you need to pick one or the other, but it is kind of a shame that you can't have both AA as well as a clear skybox texture. Just a very minor thing I know.

Unbelievable. I find no other words to explain this mod.

First of all, I'm a lurker - I seldom write in forums, but love to browse. Second, I don't like troubleshooting and looking through logs - I simply don't have enough free time available for gaming. That explains why I am a console gamer, save for KSP on the PC, which is my all time favourite game.

Third, The White Guardian, this mod almost made me cry. I've got a workstation laptop with a Quadro graphics card - not especially optimised for gaming. I can't even notice any frame rate differences! It's awesome, in the word's true meaning! This makes me feel like exploring the Kerbol system in a manner that I haven't felt since I started playing in 2013!

Thank you!

Best regards,

Björn

55 minutes ago, Midline said:

First of all, I'm a lurker - I seldom write in forums, but love to browse. Second, I don't like troubleshooting and looking through logs - I simply don't have enough free time available for gaming. That explains why I am a console gamer, save for KSP on the PC, which is my all time favourite game.

Third, The White Guardian, this mod almost made me cry. I've got a workstation laptop with a Quadro graphics card - not especially optimised for gaming. I can't even notice any frame rate differences! It's awesome, in the word's true meaning! This makes me feel like exploring the Kerbol system in a manner that I haven't felt since I started playing in 2013!

Thank you!

Best regards,

Björn

Yeah, post processing effects is usually cheap enough that you can layer multiple PP passes and not have to worry about frame rate drops at all. High end games might even do 5-10 different post processing passes at a time since it's just using the already rendered scene.

Hello, I don't know if you haven't managed to fix it yet (even because I don't find it in the changelog), but still, the dirty lenses are not working. If you haven't fixed them yet, sorry for bothering you, I'll wait for the fix. If you can see them, let me know so I'll upload a log.

10 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Will this mod work with KSP 1.2.2? If I can use this with realism overhaul it will be awesome.

It wasn't built to run on 1.2.2 and was compiled against 1.3, however KS3P does not utilize anything that KSP 1.2 does not have. Give it a try, it might just work. :)

On 2/16/2018 at 7:31 PM, DjPreside said:

Hello, I don't know if you haven't managed to fix it yet (even because I don't find it in the changelog), but still, the dirty lenses are not working. If you haven't fixed them yet, sorry for bothering you, I'll wait for the fix. If you can see them, let me know so I'll upload a log.

I don't know what's causing that issue, but I'm definitely looking into it. I can't see the dirt here either.

I do have a plan for possible debugging, by having KS3P report every time it loads a dirt texture, complete with the path to that dirt texture. That way I can check if it does something funny.

Anyhow, no worries, I'm looking into it. :)

On 2/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@The White Guardian

Could you add a .version file for the next release?  It is used by AVC to notify about out-of-date mods, and is extremely useful

Let me know if you need help with it.

Thanks

LGG

I'm more than willing to add AVC support, though I've never looked into AVC, so any help there would be much, much appreciated.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:58 PM, jaxmed said:

Thanks for this mod! Just installed it yesterday, it works great and is very performant. Even better is how easy it is to get working, don't need to go through all the hassle that you'd need with ReShader.

I did need to make a minor tweak from the default configuration. I noticed whenever I zoomed the camera in really close to any object, it would go completely black and silhouetted. It looks especially bad on a Kerbal on EVA, as zooming in even remotely close would cause their EVA suit to lose all texture. Fortunately it's a simple fix, I just changed the config to set the Use_Camera_FOV value in the Depth_Of_Field section from False to True in all instances. The odd silhouette issues immediately cleared up. So if anyone else encounters the same issue, that's all you need to do to fix it.

One other thing I noticed: if you use the Anti Aliasing this shader provides, it also tries to apply AA to the skybox, which causes a lot of high-res skybox textures (Rareden's 8K and Galenmacil's RSS Galaxy both are affected) to have their stars blurred out and effectively turned invisible. If you turn AA off, you can see all of the stars in your skybox texture, but then obviously you have no AA. I doubt there's anything that can be done there, seems like you need to pick one or the other, but it is kind of a shame that you can't have both AA as well as a clear skybox texture. Just a very minor thing I know.

Strange, I haven't had that here. Strange question, but at what resolution are you running KSP? I'm not talking about texture quality, but about the window size. Mine is 1920x1080. Could be that the camera FOV is linked to the screen parameters therefore causing weird rendering stuff.

I was not aware of any changes being made to the skybox, so it's rather odd that that is happening. I'll look into this. In any case, if KS3P anti-aliasing is causing weird stuff to appear you can safely delete every instance of the anti-aliasing node. KSP has anti-aliasing by default (configurable in-game in the settings), KS3P just adds an effect on top to compliment the built-in anti-aliasing.

On 2/14/2018 at 1:26 PM, Midline said:

Thank you!

Best regards,

Björn

I'm so happy this mod made such an impact for you, because this is exactly what the mod was made for - to freshen up and enhance the KSP experience.

Thank you, and again, I'm very happy that you enjoy KS3P. :D

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I don't know what's causing that issue, but I'm definitely looking into it. I can't see the dirt here either.

I do have a plan for possible debugging, by having KS3P report every time it loads a dirt texture, complete with the path to that dirt texture. That way I can check if it does something funny.

Anyhow, no worries, I'm looking into it. :)

Thank you very much. If you need logs from a different computer or you want another computer to test your builds let me know and consider me available.

Also, I don't understand if I'm using DoF wrong or if it's just a work in progress. In this picture, the object is near the camera but it's completely blurred; then look at the asphalt and how it's blurred, it's like there's no transition. Also, the DoF has a bad behavior in IVAs, as visible here.

4 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@The White Guardian

@Matuchkin

I previously compiled KS3P to run on 1.2.2 successfully - I don't recall anything weird or unusual happening and it performed as it was supposed to.

In that case I will, from now on, also compile KS3P builds against KSP 1.2.2. That is, if I still have a copy of 1.2.2 lying around here... :blush:
If not, I'd have to ask someone to send me a copy of two .dll files in their KSP install,  but I'm positive I still have a backup of 1.2.
Anyhow, thank you for testing this out! :)

On 2/18/2018 at 4:03 AM, The White Guardian said:

Strange, I haven't had that here. Strange question, but at what resolution are you running KSP? I'm not talking about texture quality, but about the window size. Mine is 1920x1080. Could be that the camera FOV is linked to the screen parameters therefore causing weird rendering stuff.

I was not aware of any changes being made to the skybox, so it's rather odd that that is happening. I'll look into this. In any case, if KS3P anti-aliasing is causing weird stuff to appear you can safely delete every instance of the anti-aliasing node. KSP has anti-aliasing by default (configurable in-game in the settings), KS3P just adds an effect on top to compliment the built-in anti-aliasing.

Yep, exact same resolution here, 1920x1080. Not sure what else in my setup is worth mentioning: I do run a multi monitor setup, vsync on, 144hz monitors. Honestly I doubt any of that would affect the rendering here but if you think that there might be something funky going on with the shader pulling in other random screen parameters, then maybe something in there might be a clue. In any case I don't think it's a super high priority thing since the fix is pretty easy if you know about it, just changing one value in the config file.

Regarding the skybox, I was able to make some progress there. Turns out it was a combination of things in the default config file that all contributed to the skybox being blurred/washed/dimmed out, but I was able to resolve it by removing the color grading and vignette effects. These things combined seemed to really affect high-res skybox textures by darkening them to the point of invisibility, but with those effects turned off, the stars are now able to peek through the skybox even with AA on. Which is good, I know that the stock game does have some AA but it's kinda crap compared to this shader's AA, so now I can leave AA on while still having a visible skybox.

Thanks again for the fantastic mod! Even with the color grading and vignette turned off, the FOV, AA, and bloom effects really add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Here is my own custom config:

Post_Processing
{
	Name = Subtle
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = SPH
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Tex = KS3P/Textures/Galileo_Textures/LensDirt00
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Spectral_Tex = KS3P/Textures/SpectralLut_RedBlue
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Luminance_Contribution = 1
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mask = KS3P/Textures/Null
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = VAB
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = Flight
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = EVA
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 5
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = False
		}
		Depth_Of_Field
		{
			Focus_Distance = 10
			Aperture = 11.2
			Use_Camera_FOV = False
			Focal_Length = 150
			Kernel_Size = 3
		}
		Eye_Adaptation
		{
			Luminosity_Minimum = -6
			Luminosity_Maximum = 14
			Maximum_EV = -5
			Minimum_EV = 1
			Dynamic_Key_Value = False
			Type = 0
			Speed_Up = 2
			Speed_Down = 1
			Range = 0.5,1
			Key_Value = 0.3
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Dithering
		{
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = IVA
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 5
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = False
		}
		Depth_Of_Field
		{
			Focus_Distance = 10
			Aperture = 11.2
			Use_Camera_FOV = False
			Focal_Length = 150
			Kernel_Size = 3
		}
		Eye_Adaptation
		{
			Luminosity_Minimum = -6
			Luminosity_Maximum = 14
			Maximum_EV = -5
			Minimum_EV = 1
			Type = 0
			Speed_Up = 2
			Speed_Down = 1
			Range = 0.5,1
			Key_Value = 0.3
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Dithering
		{
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = MainMenu
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = KSC
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = TS
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = Map
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
}

(To install: Save it as 'Subtle.cfg' in the GameData/KS3P folder, open 'Settings.cfg' and change 'Startup = Default' to 'Startup = Subtle')

Pics:

Spoiler

H5WErRS.png

GLOOHmw.png

r4DMY9M.png

zFcsBzu.png

4 hours ago, Osmium said:

Here is my own custom config:

Post_Processing
{
	Name = Subtle
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = SPH
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = VAB
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = Flight
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = EVA
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 5
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = False
		}
		Depth_Of_Field
		{
			Focus_Distance = 10
			Aperture = 11.2
			Use_Camera_FOV = False
			Focal_Length = 150
			Kernel_Size = 3
		}
		Eye_Adaptation
		{
			Luminosity_Minimum = -6
			Luminosity_Maximum = 14
			Maximum_EV = -5
			Minimum_EV = 1
			Type = 0
			Speed_Up = 2
			Speed_Down = 1
			Range = 0.5,1
			Key_Value = 0.3
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Dithering
		{
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = IVA
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 5
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = False
		}
		Depth_Of_Field
		{
			Focus_Distance = 10
			Aperture = 11.2
			Use_Camera_FOV = False
			Focal_Length = 150
			Kernel_Size = 3
		}
		Eye_Adaptation
		{
			Luminosity_Minimum = -6
			Luminosity_Maximum = 14
			Maximum_EV = -5
			Minimum_EV = 1
			Type = 0
			Speed_Up = 2
			Speed_Down = 1
			Range = 0.5,1
			Key_Value = 0.3
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Dithering
		{
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = MainMenu
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = KSC
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = TS
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
	SETUP
	{
		Scene = Map
		Anti_Aliasing
		{
			Mode = FXAA
			Quality = 3
		}
		Bloom
		{
			Anti_Flicker = True
			Intensity = 2
			Radius = 4
			Soft_Knee = 0.5
			Threshold = 1.1
			Dirt_Enabled = True
			Dirt_Intensity = 20
		}
		Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = Neutral
		}
		Chromatic_Abberation
		{
			Intensity = 0.05
		}
		Grain
		{
			Intensity = 0.375
			Size = 0.5
			Colored = True
		}
		Vignette
		{
			Center = 0.5,0.5
			Color = 0,0,0,1
			Intensity = 0.25
			Opacity = 1
			Roundness = 0.875
			Smoothness = 1
			Rounded = False
			Mode = 0
		}
	}
}

(To install: Save it as 'Subtle.cfg' in the GameData/KS3P folder, open 'Settings.cfg' and change 'Startup = Default' to 'Startup = Subtle')

Pics:

Hide contents

H5WErRS.png

GLOOHmw.png

r4DMY9M.png

zFcsBzu.png

Awesome work! :o

9 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

All the screenshots I've seen just look like they add a dirty lens effect, blurring everything and blowing out the whites with some added flares. Is this the result you were going for?

I think the effects in the current config sets are intentionally 'overdone' to show off what it is capable of (as per the OP IIRC).  If you look at screenshots from some of the more customized config sets, many of the effects are much more subdued.

25 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Me again. :)

May we please list this on CKAN? We have a request to install it from the copy bundled in Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul, but we prefer to track each mod's individual downloads and set up proper dependencies instead, and KS3P isn't yet in the index.

Will that work for things that install *outside* of gamedata?

NVM -- totally thinking of a differnet mod... :D

Edited by Beetlecat

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Me again. :)

May we please list this on CKAN? We have a request to install it from the copy bundled in Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul, but we prefer to track each mod's individual downloads and set up proper dependencies instead, and KS3P isn't yet in the index.

Same answer - I don't know how CKAN works, therefore I cannot do this myself. (I do wish to learn it one day)

If you'd be willing to do the CKAN stuff, then that'd be very much appreciated. :)

8 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

All the screenshots I've seen just look like they add a dirty lens effect, blurring everything and blowing out the whites with some added flares. Is this the result you were going for?

8 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

I think the effects in the current config sets are intentionally 'overdone' to show off what it is capable of (as per the OP IIRC).  If you look at screenshots from some of the more customized config sets, many of the effects are much more subdued.

This is correct. By default, KS3P overdues the effects so that people notice a change. It's up to the user to either fine-tune the bundled settings, or create their own post-processing settings and setting it as the target bundle in KS3P's settings.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

This is correct. By default, KS3P overdues the effects so that people notice a change. It's up to the user to either fine-tune the bundled settings, or create their own post-processing settings and setting it as the target bundle in KS3P's settings.

So in a user's installation, should the default Config.cfg and Settings.cfg be present? Or are one or both of them intended as a sample file for modders?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.