1 hour ago, SiriusRocketry said:

I can even run it on a dual-core celeron with shared graphics? Seriously? That's incredible!

It runs on my Commodore 64!

Doesn't really run on my commodore 64.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

It runs on my Commodore 64!

Doesn't really run on my commodore 64.

Ahhh, I miss the old Commodore 64...

:)

Is it hard to setup, do you have to anything beyond 'copy to GameData'

I'm running 1.3.1 so it should be OK :wink:

KS3P update news!

I'm hard at work on the KS3P 1.4 update, and here are some of the features I'm working on:

- The return of the settings.cfg file! Support for multiple profiles and on-the-go switching between profiles.

- Customizable keybinds! You can now specify what keys you want KS3P to use for its commands (such as 'disable ks3p').

- Reworked loader for faster patching

- Scaledspace support

While it's going to take some time to finalize the update, I'm working my fingers off to get it done ASAP. Just a little longer, folks!

1 hour ago, Euer_Hochwuergen said:

Can I disable the Depth of Field Effect by Setting the Focus_Distance Value to 0, in the cfg? Or is there more I have to do for that.

Awesome Mod so far. Thx.

s8l2M9S.png

Simply deleting the node of an unwanted effect will disable that effect entirely. In this case, delete the 'Depth_Of_Field' node entirely and that will disable the effect.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:21 PM, The White Guardian said:

While it's going to take some time to finalize the update, I'm working my fingers off to get it done ASAP. Just a little longer, folks!

Good stuff man, eagerly looking forward to it before I take any new in-game preview screenshots for stuff coming down my pipeline. :)

More update news!

Although an in-game editor is still a long way from done, I'm currently working on a function that takes a post-processing profile and prints it in the exact manner that KS3P accepts, similarly to how KittopiaTech builds a config file with the push of a button.

This afternoon I will be compiling the KS3P shaders and source code for the first test in KSP 1.4+, so stay tuned for the results!

KS3P version V5 going live in a couple of minutes!

Full changelog:

- Upgrade to KSP 1.4.X
- Reworked the loader for even faster patching
- The return of the Settings.cfg file
- The return of support for multiple post-processing bundles
- KS3P now has configurable keybinds for several commands
- First steps in the direction of an in-game editor have been made
- Full support for ScaledSpace cameras
- With Unity 2017, all post-processing features should now work like an absolute charm (KSP 1.3 runs on Unity 5.4, which is slightly below the version that the post-processing shaders were built for)
- KS3P now has it's own, dedicated Post-Processing bundle and profile setups to break the limits of using only Unity's default profile system
- KS3P now extensively reports all it does, not just in the KSP.txt file, but also in a logfile generated at GameData/KS3P/Log.txt (unless otherwise specified in Settings.cfg by creating and assigning something to the 'LogLocation' parameter)
- Extensive support for modders! KS3P's core module now runs as a Singleton instance. This means that the executing core module can be accessed by writing 'var core = KS3P.Core.KS3P.Main;', and from there on out 'core' will link to the KS3P core module that is actually at work.

Also, a bit of an explanation as to why the Settings.cfg file was removed in the first place.

That version had a nasty bug that I didn't find until after release. It worked by making a so-called 'Dictionary' in which it linked post-processing bundle names with a corresponding post-processing bundle. This bundle was nothing more than a secondary dictionary linking a game scene to a post-processing profile. When KS3P had to grab a profile, it would use the targetProfile parameter, storing the name of the target profile set in Settings.cfg to retrieve the desired bundle, then from there, use the scene data to target the correct profile.

The problem with this was the fact that, adding these profiles to a dictionary, you're doing something called 'serializing'. I won't go into the technical side of things, but essentially you're storing multiple profiles in the same location. This was fine for all but one thing - the textures stored within the profile. For example the vignette mask, dirt texture, user lut texture, and chromatic aberration spectrum. These textures would be lost, leading to critical errors in all modules but the bloom module, where the dirt would simply refuse to work.

That is why I decided to roll back to one profile for the time being - it's better to have limited profile support but the profiles themselves working, than supporting multiple profiles, with the profiles themselves not working and potentially giving critical errors.

This has been fixed now. Rather than storing the texture itself, KS3P now stores the path to the texture. When assigning a Post-Processing Profile to a camera, KS3P looks up the filepaths and retrieves the correct textures. This will not slow down KSP as KS3P retrieves the textures through the GameDatabase class, which loads all textures on startup and keeps them loaded from there on out. It is simply a matter of reaching out and grabbing the right texture, sliding it in place in the correct post-processing modules, and then building an entire post-processing profile from that on the spot. (This sounds rather intensive, building an entire profile, but each KS3P-Profile stores all of the post-processing modules. It is simply a matter of creating a new, empty post-processing profile, and then replacing the modules of this empty profile with the ones stored within the KS3P-Profile)

For most scenes this happens during the loading of the scene, but the Flight scene has to constantly check for the flight state - map view, IVA, EVA, or 'normal flight'? To fix this, KS3P creates the required profiles when loading the flight scene, and assigns one of them to the camera based on the flight state. This means that it is not generating anything mid-flight either. In fact, KS3P even stores the flight state of each frame as a number, then checks the next frame if the flight state changed. Then and only then will it update the camera. Checking a number each frame seems a bit taxing, but checking two numbers is easier for a processor than assigning an entire PP profile containing thousands of numbers.

Taking all of the above into consideration, I think you can see the amount of effort I put into optimizing KS3P. I tried my hardest to make V5 the best release to date, and I hope you will all experience it as such.

Have fun exploring!

- The White Guardian

Edited by The White Guardian

@The White Guardian I have a problem, either this is because I use the launch parameter "-force-glcore" or because of something inside EVE+SVE+OPM+Extrasolar (there is something with Extrasolar btw).

-> I will do another run after I submitted this post using "-force-d3d11" (EDIT: or not? See at the end of this post...)

Main menu:
9E0IElv.png
(nothing suspicious in the log until now) -> I use a custom skybox and envmap pack using Drop-in Replacement Textures v1.4.2.0

SPC:

##
As I wanted to proceed this post, the real issues began, see bottom of post
##

DNOPPSo.png
(this view is locked, cannot use mouse wheel to zoom, cannot choose any UI element, but I can unlock input locks) ...

^Just before I was able to add this picture, the browser was CTD without a warning - I never had that before with this browser.

I was able to check that the RAM usage of KSP_x64.exe went through the roof in an extraordinary speed, the log was spammed with:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KS3P.Shaders.EyeAdaptationComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KS3P.Shaders.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Then the screen went black, I tried to blindly open ProcessExplorer (CTRL+SHIFT+Esc) and wait for 30s and then blindly type K S P Del Enter - but no avail, so I pushed the reset button what is a rare occurance nowadays ...

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vst8wy05x85s538/2018-04-14_4 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Update:

Using "-force-d3d11" it's a little bit better, the main menu sceene looks good.

I also changed the config.cfg by setting all instances of Dirt_Enabled = false but IVA - I didn't change anything else.

As soon as I reached SPC, the same as before, I quickly alt-tabbed to ProcessExplorer and same - high speed RAM increase. This time I killed KSP_x64.exe before anything worse could happen.

Next run: Without OPM

Edit:

Started new career to test without OPM, fast flickering issue occured, RAM increase - kill process ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

Congrats and thank you for 5.0!

Can't wait to play with this further -- it works great out of the box, if not for the "kitchen sink" application of effects. :wink: My first tweaks will likely lessen the dirt, and tone down the "sunglasses effect" of the overall darkened scenes.

Any notion on how to get the keybinds to work? They seem to be set for alpha number keys--which are usually reserved for action groups... is there a mod-key definable?

Edited by Beetlecat

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Update:

Using "-force-d3d11" it's a little bit better, the main menu sceene looks good.

I also changed the config.cfg by setting all instances of Dirt_Enabled = false but IVA - I didn't change anything else.

As soon as I reached SPC, the same as before, I quickly alt-tabbed to ProcessExplorer and same - high speed RAM increase. This time I killed KSP_x64.exe before anything worse could happen.

Next run: Without OPM

Edit:

Started new career to test without OPM, fast flickering issue occured, RAM increase - kill process ...

I'm having the same. Flicker or black screen.

The visual mods i have is

Astronomer's Visual Pack v3.7

Scatterer 0.0329

B9partswith v2.2.2

B9animationmodules v1.2.0

RealPlume 1.2.0

PlanetShine latest version

Texture Unlimited latest version

I am using commandline -force-d3d11 -force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded

Attention

I did not use any command lines such as '-force-d3d11', therefore command lines could be in conflict with the post-processing effects. If you are having issues, and are using command lines, go through the following steps:

1. Disable your command lines, and try launching KSP again. If the problems are resolved, go to step 2a, if not, go to step 2b

2a. You have now found the cause of your problem. Check the logfile for exception spam. In the case of @Gordon Dry, the Eye Adaptation component seems to be causing trouble. Find the post-processing effect conflicting with your command lines, then proceed to step 3.

2b. You have just ruled out that command lines are the cause of your problem. Remove all mods but KS3P and restart KSP to confirm if everything is working. If it is still causing issues, proceed to step 5. If not, continue to step 4.

3. Open up all KS3P configurations you have installed (those included in addons utilizing KS3P as well as KS3P's default configuration) and delete every instance of the node of the effect causing the issue. That should resolve the problems. If not, continue to step 5.

4. You have just confirmed that a mod is conflicting with KS3P. Re-add your other mods one-by-one to find the culprit. Once you have found the conflicting mod, proceed to step 6.

5. You're having a rather persistent problem on your hands here it seems. Please send me the logfiles (especially KSP.txt) in a zip-file (not .rar or .7z please) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

6. Now that you have found the mod causing issues with KS3P, please run KSP again with the conflicting mod, and afterwards send me the logfiles (especially KSP.txt) in a zip-file (not .rar or .7z please) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime you can choose to remove either KS3P or the conflicting mod while I work on a solution.

You can, of course, always reach out to me for questions both here and in private messaging.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.