2 hours ago, Akke_Pakke said:

Hey man great mod, just one problem. When the mod is enabled, red or yellow boxes flash on the horizon while on the ground. Wondering if there is a fix for that. Thanks!

I get that, too. I also get strange visual interactions when I'm using an on-screen display like NavHud or Flight Indicators--not sure if it's related to KS3P, though.

I commented out the color grading because I like to see in the dark, but I realize the color grading is cool (during the day). Is there a way to configure it so it doesn't make dark things so dark yet it's still applied for the brighter areas of the image?

44 minutes ago, MB62 said:

So i instaled the mod but theres this constant droplets texture on my screen now whenever i play, there a way to remove it?

That's probably the "dirt" visual effect? You can drop it down to low levels or turn it off entirely in the config. Each display setting (flight, editor, space center, IVA, etc.) has its own configuration.

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

That's probably the "dirt" visual effect? You can drop it down to low levels or turn it off entirely in the config. Each display setting (flight, editor, space center, IVA, etc.) has its own configuration.

oh ok, also is this scattarer compatable? and another issue is that the deserts are extreemly bright and its rather dark even in the day

20 minutes ago, MB62 said:

oh ok, also is this scattarer compatable? and another issue is that the deserts are extreemly bright and its rather dark even in the day

Like @Beetlecat said, it's the lens dirt effect, which you can remove in the settings, found under GameData/KS3P/Config.cfg. In there, look for each instance of 'Bloom { ... }', in which you should navigate to the dirt settings. Either lower Dirt_Intensity to decrease the effect's strength, or set 'Dirt_Enabled' to 'false' to disable the effect entirely while preserving the bloom.

And yes, KS3P is fully compatible with scatterer. The deserts being bright and the rest of the game being somewhat dark is an unfortunate side-effect of a basic tonemapping setup. I'm still working on a more ideal tonemapping configuration for KS3P to use by default. In the meantime, you can eliminate this problem by deleting every instance of the 'Color_Grading' node, as well as the opening bracket and closing bracket following the node name, and everything in between said brackets. Essentially look for this:

Color_Grading
{
     Preset = ACES
}

And delete every instance you find of it.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, theJesuit said:

Yes and if you set up other profiles, alt 8 or 9 will switch between them I think.

Obviously for mac and Linux users the alt is whatever the modifier key is.

Glad to have helped.

Peace.

How do you setup other profiles?

1 hour ago, juanml82 said:

How do you setup other profiles?

there is a file called config.cfg or something.  Copy and rename the copy, then open with a program like Notepad (I use Notepad++ which has a thing somewhere to help with editing ksp cfg files).  name the name of the config to something else and change the numbers as you see fit  Save, load ksp and Robert is your mother's brother.

13 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Like @Beetlecat said, it's the lens dirt effect, which you can remove in the settings, found under GameData/KS3P/Config.cfg. In there, look for each instance of 'Bloom { ... }', in which you should navigate to the dirt settings. Either lower Dirt_Intensity to decrease the effect's strength, or set 'Dirt_Enabled' to 'false' to disable the effect entirely while preserving the bloom.

And yes, KS3P is fully compatible with scatterer. The deserts being bright and the rest of the game being somewhat dark is an unfortunate side-effect of a basic tonemapping setup. I'm still working on a more ideal tonemapping configuration for KS3P to use by default. In the meantime, you can eliminate this problem by deleting every instance of the 'Color_Grading' node, as well as the opening bracket and closing bracket following the node name, and everything in between said brackets. Essentially look for this:

Color_Grading
{
     Preset = ACES
}

And delete every instance you find of it.

ah so i just delete that and im good? becuase i already set lense dirt to false and thats the only tiny issue i have left now.

HOLY MOLY! :o 

What a brilliant mod. First TexturesUnlimited, now this. I can't handle all this eye candy anymore! ;) (and let's not forget EVE, SVE, SVT, scatterer and so on)

Mind blowing! THANK YOU @The White Guardian

I've made so much screenshots. Here are 'some' examples. Such great immersion.

Spoiler

LueI6js.jpg
VHIE8aF.jpg
3ZsYfS4.jpg
x2YSjEo.jpg
v2bGPNI.jpg
fWLxlr3.jpg
If84T6r.jpg
2NziTSz.jpg
whjGF7J.jpg
HVgOlaW.jpg

The complete album is here:

EDIT: Do I need to register at imgur to make save links? It seems with the link above any1 can delete the images.....

EDIT2: I can confirm that you have to delete all "Eye Adaptation"-entries in the config if you use the '-force-glcore' command line option (required for TexturesUnlimited). There are gamebraking issues without that fix.

Edited by Kerbaderp

Never knew how much I'd want post-processing in this game until I came across this mod! I'm not a fan of the vignetting or the dirt effects, but I thank you for providing the options to disable / reduce them.

A fantastic visual mod with little impact on performance - and hey, it can be disabled on-the-fly if you need that extra FPS. Thank you!

Depth of Field

@The White Guardian

Thanks for this great mod :)

I'm a bit confused because your feature list says, that Ambient Occlusion will not work properly in unity 5.4.0 but your tutorial on how to configure the settings in real time got a link to unity engine 5.4.0p4. Can I still use this unity version to configure the settings for ksp 1.4 or do I need another one?

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@The White Guardian

Thanks for this great mod :)

I'm a bit confused because your feature list says, that Ambient Occlusion will not work properly in unity 5.4.0 but your tutorial on how to configure the settings in real time got a link to unity engine 5.4.0p4. Can I still use this unity version to configure the settings for ksp 1.4 or do I need another one?

I believe that’s just what the latest version of unity was when the mod was created. I don’t think the version of unity matters as you’re just using a post processing asset by Unity itself. KS3P simply adds these to the game.

hey,

thanks for your howto in the OP, but i found it is outdated, since u need Unity 5.5.0 to install PP-Stack now.

U might want to update the DL-link for people not having to do multiple downloads

https://unity3d.com/de/unity/qa/patch-releases

and yeah - im still looking for a brighter config - anyone?

Edited by Speadge

8 hours ago, Speadge said:

and yeah - im still looking for a brighter config - anyone?

Deleting (all) the color grading entries helps. I also deleted all Vignette entries (= no darkened corners anymore).

Spoiler

Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = ACES
		}

3 minutes ago, Kerbaderp said:

Deleting (all) the color grading entries helps. I also deleted all Vignette entries (= no darkened corners anymore).

Hide contents

Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = ACES
		}

well, he said the colors would suffer when u just delete it ... so i hoped for another solution

Well, I've played around with unity engine 5.5.0p4 and it is really nice to have a realtime preview, but after loading the settings into the KS3P mod, the effects looks a bit different. For example: In the unity engine, I reduced the vignette effect to be very subtile but visible but after loading the very same settings in KS3P, the vignette is not visible at all.

Also, I wasn't able to set up ambient occlusion in unity engine 5.5.0. While ambient occlusion was active, the whole "game" scene turned into a grey screen (I spawned a blank terrain and a simple sphere with some textures)

So, I guess the unity engine version is important, but wich one should I use instead?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.