Just now, BlaZe119 said:

The sky is still extremely dark for me and I can see only a few stars.

Ok, than let's take a look at your KS3P config.

Since you are not sure about which config you got, I assume it is the default one which is pretty dark in general. The main reason for this is the 'ACES' color grading.
The config is located in 'KSP_install_folder/GameData/KS3P/Config.cfg' and it contains a couple of settings for different game scenes. For testing purposes, let's cocentrate on the flight scene. Open the config and scroll down until you find the flight scene settings:

SETUP
	{
		Scene = Flight

[snip]

Color_Grading
		{
			Preset = ACES
		}
[snip]

}

Change the 'Preset = ACES' to 'Preset = Neutral', save the file and check if the skybox becomes more visible.

You can also try the config created by Rocket in my Pocket. It uses the Neutral settings and is more balanced than the default config:

The KSC is extremely blurry.. the VAB does not appear to be affected at all... would love to use the mod but have to remove for now.  Are there some changes I can make to resolve the issue?

Poked around the thread a bit and I saw several mentions of "configs" for this mod but no place where they are hosted... honestly... people really shouldnt have to dig through 20 pages on the forum to find an answer... responses would be appreciated from someone who may have resolved this.  Hope the mod owner includes the aforementioned configs on the initial post at some point too.  Otherwise, it looks like it has the potential to be an amazing addition to the game.

Edited by GrimT

On 1/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, GrimT said:

the VAB does not appear to be affected at all

Entering the VAB/SPH creates a NRE, there is probably a shader issue and unfortunately, the whole scene will not load any shaders at all as soon as one fails to load.
I'm going to try some stuff later, maybe I can identify the issue.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, GrimT said:

Poked around the thread a bit and I saw several mentions of "configs" for this mod but no place where they are hosted

I've linked one of these configs two posts above ;) It is less blurry and lighter in general.

3 hours ago, maceemiller said:

I have tried this in 1.6 and nothing changed so I'm presuming it's not compatible. 

Has anyone got it working in 1.6 though?

Except for the issue in the editor, it works fine for me in 1.6.1.

3 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

@4x4cheesecake thankyou. I will try again.

One thing though, just incase it's me doing something wrong.....do I just download and extract to the GameData folder as per most mods or is there more to do (such as the Unity thing the OP wrote which i dont understand)? 

Nothing special about it, just copy/move the KS3P folder into the GameData folder.

The Unity stuff in the OP is just a small tutorial for people who want to create their own config. Since the mod doesn't provide any UI, the only way to adjust the settings is via the config file, which obviously doesn't allow changes at runtime. So if you want to tweak or create a config file, you can use the Unity editor, create a gamescene, import the shaders and you can start tweaking the shader settings which are directly applied to the created game scene. Works fine for many shaders but stuff like 'Bloom' still looks different in the Unity editor compared to the actual KSP game scene.

10 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

If someone has the shaders files I can try to rebuild the assets bundle using Unity 2017.1 for Dx11. 

The shader files are available in the source code on github, link is in the OP. Since you will need the unity editor anyway, you can also import the shaders from the asset store (post processing stack, available for free).

And here's a helpful link for building asset bundles: https://docs.unity3d.com/2017.4/Documentation/Manual/AssetBundles-Workflow.html

5 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The shader files are available in the source code on github, link is in the OP. Since you will need the unity editor anyway, you can also import the shaders from the asset store (post processing stack, available for free).

And here's a helpful link for building asset bundles: https://docs.unity3d.com/2017.4/Documentation/Manual/AssetBundles-Workflow.html

Ok, so after a busy afternoon of troubleshooting, doing some code fixes & tweaking the shaders for dx11. I have finally manage  to have this working for KSP 1.6 /DX11

I have recorded a video using a new setup that I have been building for KSP 1.6 (RO/RSS/RSSVE/KSP3P)

The video has 2K res:

55 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Ok, so after a busy afternoon of troubleshooting, doing some code fixes & tweaking the shaders for dx11. I have finally manage  to have this working for KSP 1.6 /DX11

I have recorded a video using a new setup that I have been building for KSP 1.6 (RO/RSS/RSSVE/KSP3P)

Nice work! IMO the bloom is a bit overwhelming but I'm impressed by the results of this mod everytime^^

Did you spent your time just on the shaders or also on the .dll? I'm curious if you also get an NRE after entering the editor^^
(Seem to be related to the bloom shader and/or the parser)

Also, do you mind sharing your results? I guess there're a few people here who would love to use this mod with dx11 ;)

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

The video has 2K res:

Oh! Slick!

And, as 4x4cheesecake said:

"Also, do you mind sharing your results? I guess there're a few people here who would love to use this mod with dx11 ;)"

To be able to use this with Textures Unlimited, is the very least of things that pop to mind. :D

Edited by Beetlecat

10 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Entering the VAB/SPH creates a NRE, there is probably a shader issue and unfortunately, the whole scene will not load any shaders at all as soon as one fails to load.
I'm going to try some stuff later, maybe I can identify the issue.

I've linked one of these configs two posts above ;) It is less blurry and lighter in general.

Except for the issue in the editor, it works fine for me in 1.6.1.

Appreciate the response. I may be having a simple moment here, but would the config you are referring to be the one in the body of text as opposed to a downloadable config? Or is it the link to the post by Rocket in my Pocket which he has text of the config hidden on his post?  Just looking for clarification to cut down on reloading KSP multiple times as it takes a few minutes to spin up with the number of other mods I have going.  

Edited by GrimT

41 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Nice work! IMO the bloom is a bit overwhelming but I'm impressed by the results of this mod everytime^^

Did you spent your time just on the shaders or also on the .dll? I'm curious if you also get an NRE after entering the editor^^
(Seem to be related to the bloom shader and/or the parser)

Also, do you mind sharing your results? I guess there're a few people here who would love to use this mod with dx11 

Thanks! Yes I had NREs with the EyeAdaptation Component stuff. I changed the way the Computed shader is loaded to fix it. 

Besides,  I changed also the shaders #pragma target to use 5.0 level for DX11.

I will push all the changes to a fork of KS3P and I will post here the release binaries for dx11.

BTW do you have any suggestions for the bloom effect?

19 minutes ago, GrimT said:

Or is it the link to the post by Rocket in my Pocket which he has text of the config hidden on his post

This one. Just copy&paste the content into the KS3P config file :)

6 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I will push all the changes to a fork of KS3P and I will post here the release binaries for dx11.

Awesome!

7 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

BTW do you have any suggestions for the bloom effect?

Even after playing around in the unity editor, I wasn't able to find a setting which doesn't results in everything looks like beeing covered in a fluffly, shiny cloud so...I've disabled it :D

Hey everyone. Sorry for my extended absence but I've had less time to work on KS3P than I'd originally anticipated. With that said, this prolonged hiatus has afforded me the opportunity to begin working on the most requested feature: an in-game editor. Rest assured the next release of KS3P will be rewritten from the ground up to maximize performance and include an in-game editor of sorts.

I'll also be adding the support for DX11 (thank you, @jrodriguez) and OpenGL, besides recompiling against KSP 1.6 of course. Expect the next release before the end of this week.

14 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Hey everyone. Sorry for my extended absence but I've had less time to work on KS3P than I'd originally anticipated. With that said, this prolonged hiatus has afforded me the opportunity to begin working on the most requested feature: an in-game editor. Rest assured the next release of KS3P will be rewritten from the ground up to maximize performance and include an in-game editor of sorts.

I'll also be adding the support for DX11 (thank you, @jrodriguez) and OpenGL, besides recompiling against KSP 1.6 of course. Expect the next release before the end of this week.

@The White Guardian yesterday I found this Unity repository where they are developing the 2.0 post processing stack.

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/tree/v2/PostProcessing/Shaders/Builtins

The in-game editor is coming together more nicely than I originally expected. The framework should be finished at this point, and tomorrow I'll begin implementing classes for each window. This new GUI usage also leads to the following announcement: post-processing bundles are now obsolete. The new workflow is as follows:

1. Simply write post-processing profiles, each for a specific KSP scene.

2. In-game, use Alt + 3 to open up the KS3P GUI.

3. You should be able to choose between an editor and a 'profile selector'. Simply pick the latter.

4. Here, you should find a list of currently supported scenes, with each scene showing the name and author of the profile currently used for that specific scene. Simply press the button corresponding to the scene you want to change, select the profile you want to use for that scene, and hit 'apply' to preview the changes (note: KS3P will attempt to refresh the camera only if applicable, IE if you change the target bundle for the VAB while you're in the tracking station, hitting 'apply' will have no apparent changes).

5. If you're happy with the changes, hit 'save' to have KS3P write your preferences to its config file.

As for the editor, I'll reveal the following:

- It is possible to backup the currently WIP post-processing profile rapidly using Unity's JSON-formatting. Never will KS3P attempt to overwrite a file that it didn't generate. Once you're happy with the changes, give the profile a name and hit 'export'. This'll generate a config file for you in KS3P/Export.

- KS3P is very lenient when it comes to describing a scene. It'll automatically filter out spaces and capitals, in other words "Main Menu" and "mainmenu" are equally valid. On top of that, KS3P now has a vast array of keywords that you can use to target a specific scene, for example, you can target the main menu scene with "main menu", "menu", "title", "titlescreen", etc. If you're unsure as to what keywords are usable, KS3P's config file stores a list of keywords for each scene. You can also add your own identifier keywords by creating a config file (don't overwrite KS3P's builtin keywords for compatibility's sake). The logic for this isn't finalized yet; more details to come.

- For safety and performance, KS3P won't immediately attempt to recompile the current editor status into a post processing profile for preview, this has to be done manually with the press of a button. If the result was successful, KS3P will notify you in the 'console' tab of the editor (this opens up a logging console unique to KS3P to avoid cluttering with KSP logs, although KS3P still reports to the default console as well), and this is precisely where it'll also inform you should it fail to compile. It should describe precisely where and why the error occurred.

- It is possible to, when writing a bundle, either include or exclude scenes. For example, excluding the main menu scene will make it impossible to select it for the main menu scene in the KS3P editor. This is to allow creators to make a failsafe system: a profile with a depth-of-field setting designed for IVA might look like Jeb has licked the lens again should you use it inside the VAB, for example.

All in all I'm trying everything I can to ensure the editor is as user-friendly and easy-to-use as possible.

@jrodriguez Thanks for the heads up! Though implementing that will require a complete rewrite of the parsing classes which takes a long time to do, so I'll leave that on the planner for now.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:51 PM, The White Guardian said:

@jrodriguez Thanks for the heads up! Though implementing that will require a complete rewrite of the parsing classes which takes a long time to do, so I'll leave that on the planner for now.

@The White Guardian Thank you for your work on this mod, and regarding the 2.0 PostProcessing stack if at some point in the future you  find time to work on that, let me know I will help :)

BTW I have recorded a beautiful video with my KSP 1.6 RSS setup using DX11 (ensure you are watching at max resolution and turn the volume up)

Although it'll require thorough testing before I dare consider giving it the stamp of approval, I've finished a piece of code that should make it possible to parse any kind of class from a config node without writing an explicit parsing method.

Instead the computer will summarize all 'properties' in a given class (or struct) and attempt to gather the equivalent of this property from the config node, in other words a property named, say, 'kerbalCount' would require a config value to be present named 'KerbalCount', although the choice of capital letters, spaces and underscores is now completely arbitrary as KS3P will filter out both spaces and underscores and convert the string to lowercase only to allow for many different writing styles.

This method is significantly less memory efficient than the previous parsing methods, but given the incredible speed at which computers operate, the difference in loading time is proportional to the amount of profiles loaded, which is usually quite low. The benefit of this method is that it significantly increases development rate as I can now create custom post-processing effects without having to spend hours writing a loader - that is, assuming the code works.

This'll allow me to rapidly convert KS3P to the 2.0 Post Processing stack once the fist 1.6 release is out.

Speaking of custom post-processing effects, if anyone has a post-processing effect that they'd like to see added, be sure to let me know and I'll take a look.

Hmm for me, since 1.6.1, the bloom doesn't work in flight, but works when NAVHUD is enabled. I hope the GUI is released soon, as it will make diagnosing and fixing visual issues much easier.

Edited by Shaun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.