I may have spoken too soon. There are odd black "smudges" that appear near / over parts that have animations that look for all the world like black circles being applied via MS Paint in real-time. I'll post some screenies and settings/configs later this evening.

2 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

How do I add the motion blur option to the config?

I've created an example config for this, the motion blur node is close to the bottom:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6jftptho6xbm46/[WIP]example config-0.2.txt?dl=0

But if I remember correctly, Motion Blur is currently broken. You can try it but check your log for exceptions thrown by KS3P.

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I've created an example config for this, the motion blur node is close to the bottom:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6jftptho6xbm46/[WIP]example config-0.2.txt?dl=0

But if I remember correctly, Motion Blur is currently broken. You can try it but check your log for exceptions thrown by KS3P.

For some reason when I launch the game it works perfectly and after a few times I revert the craft to launch the game starts flickering, it's a shame though because it looks beautiful while it works...

8 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

For some reason when I launch the game it works perfectly

Oh nice, the last time I helped someone to use motion blur, it didn't work :D

8 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

the game starts flickering

Like the whole screen or just the textures or what? Do you have other mods installed? It's probably not be related to KS3P (flickering textures while the craft is close to the KSC is a common issue, and IIRC caused by scatterer)

28 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Oh nice, the last time I helped someone to use motion blur, it didn't work :D

Like the whole screen or just the textures or what? Do you have other mods installed? It's probably not be related to KS3P (flickering textures while the craft is close to the KSC is a common issue, and IIRC caused by scatterer)

No like literally the whole screen, and when I open the pause menu the flickers get really bright and long

On 6/13/2019 at 7:21 PM, gh7531 said:

I'm running Manjaro with proprietary nvidia drivers on a 1070 and it is working perfectly fine under KSP 1.7.2 with both DLCs.

I used the following files from jrodriguez:

Hide contents

I'm currently using the config from Orbital_phoenix but you may choose whatever config you want just look in this thread.

Hide contents

Your sceenshot looks so good!

Btw, which is the mod you've used for the Launch pad in your pic? looks very cool

When Scatterer was updated for 1.7 (I think) there were some changes to it that added amongst other things water refractions. However that resulted in KS3P and Scatterer not playing nicely together, so I reverted to the earlier version of Scatterer, so I could keep my KS3P goodness.

Firstly is this a known issue that would have been fixed in the update to KS3P and secondly is the version below from @jrodriguez via @gh7531 compatible with the lastest Scatterer.

Not pushing for updates that haven't happened, I'd just like to know what the current state of play is with what's been released.

6 minutes ago, Jognt said:

@4x4cheesecake I'm curious, where'd you find information regarding those settings? Many of those values I have not seen in the Unity Docs.

Who needs docs when you can peek at the source code of KS3P and do a little bit of try in error in unity? ;)

The shader bundle used in KS3P is available for free in the asset store of unity so I build a little game scene and added the shaders to the game camera (there is a tutorial in the OP). The inspector window of unity provides some sliders and buttons, which allowed me to get the min/max values (if there are any). Then, I've exported the settings into a config file and by comparing the values from this file to the parser in the KS3P source code, I was able to get the correct syntax required for KS3P. Of course, I've also tested if these values are actually read by KS3P by doing some simple try and error ;)

1 hour ago, purpleivan said:

When Scatterer was updated for 1.7 (I think) there were some changes to it that added amongst other things water refractions. However that resulted in KS3P and Scatterer not playing nicely together, so I reverted to the earlier version of Scatterer, so I could keep my KS3P goodness.

Firstly is this a known issue that would have been fixed in the update to KS3P and secondly is the version below from @jrodriguez via @gh7531 compatible with the lastest Scatterer.

Not pushing for updates that haven't happened, I'd just like to know what the current state of play is with what's been released.

Hey! I haven't tested Scatterer or KS3P in KSP 1.7 so I'm not sure which is the current state. 

Maybe you can try my curated Visual Mods bundle for dx11. (it has a custom Scatterer version for dx11) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixZLrjtqp-RgsIIoX0UUIeK_pDz6Q

2 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Who needs docs when you can peek at the source code of KS3P and do a little bit of try in error in unity? ;)

The shader bundle used in KS3P is available for free in the asset store of unity so I build a little game scene and added the shaders to the game camera (there is a tutorial in the OP). The inspector window of unity provides some sliders and buttons, which allowed me to get the min/max values (if there are any). Then, I've exported the settings into a config file and by comparing the values from this file to the parser in the KS3P source code, I was able to get the correct syntax required for KS3P. Of course, I've also tested if these values are actually read by KS3P by doing some simple try and error ;)

If you feel with enough energy and time. You might want to start upgrading the shaders to the V2 stack :)

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing

11 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Wow.. that's.. pretty awesome. I'm trying to figure out what some of these settings do. Variables like:
- Jitter, Blend_Stationary, Blend_Motion for TAA;
- Downsampling, ForceForwardCompat, HighPrecision for AO;
- soft_knee, threshold, anti_flicker for Bloom;

Do you have more information about these besides the comments in your dropbox file?

Another thing I am wondering about: Let's say I have 4 files that contain only their named effects:
1. KS3P_AmbientOcclusion.cfg;
2. KS3P_Bloom.cfg;
3. KS3P_ColorGrading.cfg;
4. KS3P_AntiAliasing.cfg;

Would KS3P use only one of them? Or would it effectively 'merge' them to use each effect?

Edited by Jognt

6 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

If you feel with enough energy and time. You might want to start upgrading the shaders to the V2 stack :)

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing

In general, I could do that but I don't really see the benefits? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the next version of KS3P will provide a GUI to set up the shaders so there is no need to figure out the config syntax. Also, are these shaders actually supported by KS3P and is it still free? IIRC, I saw a price tag on the v2 stack.

4 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Wow.. that's.. pretty awesome. I'm trying to figure out what some of these settings do. Variables like:
- Jitter, Blend_Stationary, Blend_Motion for TAA;
- Downsampling, ForceForwardCompat, HighPrecision for AO;
- soft_knee, threshold, anti_flicker for Bloom;

Do you have more information about these besides the comments in your dropbox file?

Unfortunately, I cannot provide more information. Shaders and visual stuff in general is not really the stuff I'm into and sometimes I didn't even notice any difference in the game scene after changing some values in unity. Maybe check out the wiki of the postprocessing stack: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/wiki

40 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Unfortunately, I cannot provide more information. Shaders and visual stuff in general is not really the stuff I'm into and sometimes I didn't even notice any difference in the game scene after changing some values in unity. Maybe check out the wiki of the postprocessing stack: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/wiki

Cheers!

20 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hey! I haven't tested Scatterer or KS3P in KSP 1.7 so I'm not sure which is the current state. 

Maybe you can try my curated Visual Mods bundle for dx11. (it has a custom Scatterer version for dx11) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixZLrjtqp-RgsIIoX0UUIeK_pDz6Q

Note: You may want to ignore the info below for now, as I've found I have the "blue tint" issue described in it now, even with my original set of mods. This wasn't happening the previous day for me, so I'll need to look into this more thoroughly. Hope to do that this evening.

Note 2: Just found out the blue tint in the parts menu is an issue that's been reported with running KSP in DX11, so if that is the case, it looks like the Scatter and KS3P are working correctly in 1.7.1... so basically ignore all the stuff below that I posted earlier.

I gave your currated set (well all parts except those for RSS) a try in 1.7 and there's an issue with the rendering of the parts in the parts menu in the VAB. As you can see there's a blue tint to all of them. Other than that it looked like the currated set worked fine outside of the VAB. One thing though... I did get an error on loading, saying that Kopernicus was incompatible with that version of KSP and not to load existing craft, so I removed Kopernicus and reloaded.

nBJrvlb.png

I then tried your KS3P and Scatterer with my set of mods, which didn't go so well inside or outside the VAB.

89vVlc1.png

dVJZ2Ur.png

CAZmaYj.png

It does look though that KS3P is rendering properly though. if I remember correctly, the problem I'd had earlier with the main release of KS3P with the build of Scatterer for v1.7  not playing well correctly, it was this same black sky and sea issue.

BTW... here's a pic of your KS3P and Scatter in 1.7, with all othe mods removed (just to take them out of the equation).

evGX4HQ.png

So clearly it seems like one of the other mods I have as part of my normal set is conflicting with this version of Scatterer. I'll take a crack at finding out which tomorrow.

BTW... with this slim set of mods used in the last pic, the blue tint in the VAB menus is still present.

If any of this is a bit unclear, it's because it's getting late here.

Edited by purpleivan

Here's a follow up from my previous post. I've now got everything working as I want it with the new KS3P and Scatterer packs supplied by @jrodriguez . The last issue I had with them any my pack of other mods (black sky beyond the clouds) was down to an out of date Stock Visual Enhancements.

So here's a few pics of it all running.

oehRDzl.png

wFRLDsx.png

WFkCZgb.png

K4kLVwI.png

Nice to see it all together now... bloom, ambient occlusion, depth of field, water refractions, shadows on water etc.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, LejArdo said:

Your sceenshot looks so good!

Btw, which is the mod you've used for the Launch pad in your pic? looks very cool

I'm sorry I can't help you the screenshots aren't mine. They are from @Orbital_phoenix who provided the config file. I just quoted him :)
But I agree they are awesome

On 6/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, gh7531 said:

I'm sorry I can't help you the screenshots aren't mine. They are from @Orbital_phoenix who provided the config file. I just quoted him :)
But I agree they are awesome

[1.3.1/1.5.1/1.6.x] Modular Launch Pads v1.3.8: Multi-Configurable Soyuz and Saturn-style pads for (almost) any rocket. [20 October 2018]

maybe this...

^_^

I messed around for a while in the Config file and got this mod looking really nice.

I cant for the life of me find what setting in the config changes the Dark faded Corners of my screen off.does Anyone know?

The 4 Corners of my Screen Are faded to black (Darker) Almost like tunnel vision. What Setting in the config adjust's that setting?? 

example: B45B05FDC3D5B777DDA1C5A9259919541BCA0B60

Edited by DEG

I've made tons of progress on the next KS3P release. I've taken care of one of the greatest problems the program faced, and am happy to announce that, besides the in-game editor working perfectly (even in 1.7.2), KS3P can now export the currently editing profile as a .txt file. So, no applying all changes to config files by hand. Note that KS3P, when processing a Profile node, assigns the default value when a custom value isn't specified. It does the same thing when exporting a config: if a specific value still has its default value, KS3P skips writing that value when exporting, as it's pointless info at that point.

I'm looking at a release in a matter of days, if not hours. In order to keep development organized however, I've created a Trello page for the mod, and have decided to make it public. This way, anyone can check up on the mod's status and progress, and what I have yet to add.

https://trello.com/b/e7qEI9Py/ks3p-development

Check above for the actual status of development for the mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.