Hello !

This mod is better than Reshade or ENB filters because it don't touch to the UI. This is a very good point !

I've got a question that could add another good point to this mod:
Is it possible to switch automaticly between scene with it ?

On 10/19/2019 at 9:06 AM, Challyss said:

Hellow. 

So, to the best of anyone's knowledge, did 1.8 break KS3P ? If so, any known fix ? Cheers !

Hi! The KSP 1.8.0 made on new Unity engine, so some work needed to make the mod fully compatible with it. If you try KS3P for 1.7.3 version with KSP 1.8.0 it will start and even GUI will work, but you'll see many artifacts due to shaders/engine incompatibles.

The good news that I'm already done the version for KSP 1.8.0 (new shaders bundles, code recompiled). There is also a couple of fixes in GUI and functionality.

The new patch will be available in a few hours (or maybe in a day) ;). Probably it will not be a patch but a full release because except for textures, almost no unmodified file remained.

21 hours ago, clusta said:

When you switch to some scene the corresponding profile will be applied. This is a visual mod, therefore it not switch scenes by itself.

I was tested the 6.1 without your patch and I've seen that there something like switch automatically between scene but it didn't work. With your patch it's working well, thank you.

In 1.8.0 and your 6.1.1, the dirt texture doesn't work like expected. I will test your new patch, thank you again for it.

( Fortunatly that scenes don't switch by itself, it would be a hell of a mess ^_^ )

21 minutes ago, Vandest said:

In 1.8.0 and your 6.1.1, the dirt texture doesn't work like expected. I will test your new patch, thank you again for it.

As I said before 6.1.1 doesn't work on 1.8.0 (and it shouldn't :)). 6.1.2 is the version you need for KSP 1.8.0.

Currently it supports KSP 1.6.1, 1.7.3 and 1.8.0. There are a couple of bug fixes in the latest 6.1.2 (full list of changes in the release description - https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases ). To update your KS3P on KSP 1.7.3 without touching any configs simply replace "Gamedata\KS3P\Plugin\KS3P.dll" with the new one found in the ZIP archive.

In a few days there will be another release (Beta2) fixing some other issues - working on it right now.

15 minutes ago, clusta said:

As I said before 6.1.1 doesn't work on 1.8.0 (and it shouldn't :)). 6.1.2 is the version you need for KSP 1.8.0.

Currently it supports KSP 1.6.1, 1.7.3 and 1.8.0. There are a couple of bug fixes in the latest 6.1.2 (full list of changes in the release description - https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases ). To update your KS3P on KSP 1.7.3 without touching any configs simply replace "Gamedata\KS3P\Plugin\KS3P.dll" with the new one found in the ZIP archive.

In a few days there will be another release (Beta2) fixing some other issues - working on it right now.

Thanks for all the fixes @clusta !

Just wondering if fixing the LUT feature is amongst the things you are looking at. I am crazy enough that I am running KS3P for bloom, tonemapping and grain with ReShade on top of it for a custom LUT :P

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you the current maintainer?  If you do a full release, will it be coming from @The White Guardian repo and other locations?

I forked the @The White Guardian's repo some time ago and do some fixes. The pull request is still in "open" status. As for now I just do some bug fixes without major changes in code structure or mod's functionality. As I can't contact to the mod's author for a long time the only thing I can do is release "unofficial" builds in order to make KS3P available to the community in the working state. All credits as well as original license and source links noticed in every archive. As far as @The White Guardian do not maintain this mod for some reason I can take further development but not know how to do it right (if it ever possible).

So your advice on this would be very helpful.

10 minutes ago, clusta said:

I forked the @The White Guardian's repo some time ago and do some fixes. The pull request is still in "open" status. As for now I just do some bug fixes without major changes in code structure or mod's functionality. As I can't contact to the mod's author for a long time the only thing I can do is release "unofficial" builds in order to make KS3P available to the community in the working state. All credits as well as original license and source links noticed in every archive. As far as @The White Guardian do not maintain this mod for some reason I can take further development but not know how to do it right (if it ever possible).

So your advice on this would be very helpful.

So it's been 2 months since he was last on.  I assume you sent him PMs?

There is a problem with the licensing of this mod.  It's listed as MIT on Spacedock, but the github repo doesn't have a license, and no license is listed in the OP.  there is a ReadMe, with a very strange paragraph where he says "license".  It would be best if he were to update the OP with the license and add it to the repo

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So it's been 2 months since he was last on.  I assume you sent him PMs?

There is a problem with the licensing of this mod.  It's listed as MIT on Spacedock, but the github repo doesn't have a license, and no license is listed in the OP.  there is a ReadMe, with a very strange paragraph where he says "license".  It would be best if he were to update the OP with the license and add it to the repo

Oh yeah... it's a wonder this hasn't come up before but this is one of the reasons why mods are required to have explicit license statements.

Apparently much of the actual code comes from a free post processor asset on the Unity site.... I don't feel like logging in to download it right now but it's probably public domain. Even if it is though, KS3P needs an explicit statement as to what its users can and can't do.

Edit: According to the Spacedock download site for KS3P, license is MIT

Edited by Starwaster

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Apparently much of the actual code comes from a free post processor asset on the Unity site.... I don't feel like logging in to download it right now but it's probably public domain. Even if it is though, KS3P needs an explicit statement as to what its users can and can't do.

The Unity Post-processing Stack v1 currently used in KS3P is under MIT License. The KS3P itself is a bridge between those stack and KSP written by @The White Guardian and MIT license mentioned on Spacedock. But, as @linuxgurugamer said, there is no license in distribution archive neither in repo. BTW, the source code repo is incomplete anyway...

15 hours ago, clusta said:

The Unity Post-processing Stack v1 currently used in KS3P is under MIT License. The KS3P itself is a bridge between those stack and KSP written by @The White Guardian and MIT license mentioned on Spacedock. But, as @linuxgurugamer said, there is no license in distribution archive neither in repo. BTW, the source code repo is incomplete anyway...

Since it's listed on Spacedock as MIT, you are probably safe to offer it the same way.

Given the absence of @The White Guardian, you may want to consider a full adoption

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is your copy of the repo complete?

As you said, this is a copy (fork). I'm not restructure the code (no files added/deleted), only modify it. However the repo doesn't contains any shaders bundles, textures, license or readme files, VS (or any other) project files for build. No configs, not mod's directory structure. The shaders, configs, textures, etc. can only be found in the archive downloaded from spacedock.

For the latest improvements that I made, I needed new shaders bundles that had to be included in the archives for download. That's why I had to made a release with all of those files in archive, not just fixed dll with sample configs. But in the repo I didn’t add them (in respect to the original repo).

1 hour ago, clusta said:

As you said, this is a copy (fork). I'm not restructure the code (no files added/deleted), only modify it. However the repo doesn't contains any shaders bundles, textures, license or readme files, VS (or any other) project files for build. No configs, not mod's directory structure. The shaders, configs, textures, etc. can only be found in the archive downloaded from spacedock.

For the latest improvements that I made, I needed new shaders bundles that had to be included in the archives for download. That's why I had to made a release with all of those files in archive, not just fixed dll with sample configs. But in the repo I didn’t add them (in respect to the original repo).

I think I actually added all shaders, assets, etc in my fork.

https://github.com/jrodrigv/KS3P/tree/master/Shaders

34 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I think I actually added all shaders, assets, etc in my fork.

I told about shader bundles (.unity3d), not sources itself. Those had to be repacked to be compatible with KSP 1.8.0. Besides this is the fork from previous KS3P version.

Hey all. First and foremost my most sincere thanks to @clusta and everyone else who has worked hard to keep this mod maintained in my absence. I must admit I was having the perhaps fallacious mindset that my mods didn't matter, and so I'm quite moved to see how the community has come together to take care of this mod when I couldn't.

With that said, I think it's long overdue that I step once more onto the breach and resume development of this mod. Beside implementing the changes made by the community, I'm going to be working towards support for importing and applying custom post-processing effects, as well as giving the GUI a redesign to make it clearer. I'm also going to try to reduce the GUI hotkey from a necessity to an option with the inclusion of a button in KSP's main GUI that can open and close the UI.

All in all I'm excited to continue development now that uni's no longer hogging all my time.

33 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I must admit I was having the perhaps fallacious mindset that my mods didn't matter, and so I'm quite moved to see how the community has come together to take care of this mod when I couldn't.

I can absolutely assure you that for the group of players who are obsessed with having the best possible visuals, KS3P is indispensable. Of course real life matters more and your absence is totally understandable.

Just know that we greatly appreciate the effort you've put into developing KS3P over time. I couldn't imagine playing KSP without it anymore. :)

ek9yOQG.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.