On 11/1/2019 at 1:07 AM, Brigadier said:

ZOOM...

The sound of this going so far over my head that I can't see the object that made it. :P:huh::D

Seriously, it sounds very impressive and you seem quite excited by the possibilities.  That's all any of us can ask.

Dude.... Something went by? :P

Until the new version comes out.... (And I excitedly wait Like This.....)

Does the currently released version work with 1.8?

Edited by Fizwalker
To be that guy......

I can confirm that it momentarily appears to be working in 1.8.  I love it.  Combined with eve, it really adds some depth to the atmosphere on Kerbal, and combined these with Scatterer, it looks even more amazing.  I was running physics extender as well, which on a good system is a serious hog of resources............ but my machine was pulling almost 140 fps stable in most cases with all of it on ultra......... 2k ..... love it.  The mod by itself at the moment is amazing, so seeing this level of excitement from the author has me quite intrigued.  I'm a graphics lover.  All games I play have to be able to look good, and this one has to look as close to real as I can possibly get it.  Only, of course, because I can't stop staring at the expanse of the universe.  It's the closest I'll likely ever get to being in space.  Forget the game play, which is addictive and incredible, but the experience of being able to look around from outside a space ship and see this level of detail...................... the way the shadows increase in density over hills on Mun, in craters when it's almost sunset........... just that little detail alone has me looking at this game in a whole new way and I can't imagine playing without this mod now.  I started playing just over a month ago.  I JUST discovered this mod last week.  My wife will be walking by and stop and ask if I'm watching another NASA documentary until I zoom in and she recognizes the Kerbals........ her jaw drops every time.  I grew up dreaming of being an astronaut (who didn't?).  I was accepted, and stupidly didn't attend Emery Riddle College (leading NASA programs for those who don't know) out of fear of the math.  I suck at math.  Anyhow, since then I've had a change in my life direction, and this is a pleasant reminder of past dreams.  I had to share that here, because I think someone here may just feel the same way lol.  That and it's late so I talk too much.  Thanks for making this mod though, one way or another.  I LOVE it.

I'm experiencing issues with the latest unofficial 6.1.2-b2 in KSP 1.8.1 with both expansions on Linux.

As soon a I load a vessel the game gets laggy and the log is spammed with this exception:

[EXC 19:21:37.200] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    KSP_PostProcessing.KS3P.Register (KSP_PostProcessing.PostProcessingBehaviour target, KSP_PostProcessing.KS3P+Scene targetScene) (at <1d3155980143464386937e5a0cd311b3>:0)
    KSP_PostProcessing.Operators.FlightOperator.Update () (at <1d3155980143464386937e5a0cd311b3>:0)

KS3P is the only mod installed.

At the start of the log there is also a NRE related to shader loading this might or might not be related:

[EXC 19:19:35.738] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP_PostProcessing.ShaderLoader.LoadShaders (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]& log) (at <1d3155980143464386937e5a0cd311b3>:0)
	KSP_PostProcessing.KS3P.Awake () (at <1d3155980143464386937e5a0cd311b3>:0)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>d__89:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>d__70:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

here is the complete log

If issues with the unofficial version should not be posted in this sub feel free to remove. I'll than create a issue on clusta's github.

EDIT: Might this be an issue with OpenGL? There is a file called postprocessingshaders-dx11-linux.unity3d. Linux sounds good but I'm pretty sure dx11 is not going to work with the native Linux version

Edited by gh7531
mayby a dx11/openGL issue?

11 hours ago, HolidayTheLeek said:

how does one install the beta 6.1.2 build? I've tried dragging the KS3P-master folder into gamedata, but it doesn't work.

I'm running KSP 1.8.0. Am I doing it wrong?

KS3P-master is not what you're looking for. Archives for download is under "Releases" tab on github. https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases

As always, I'm claim that this is unofficial release and it's made in the hope that KS3P will not die in a blackhole ;)

@clusta I'm having troubles with your release, the planets I'm landed to always seems to be transparent (for example: bottom half of rock scatters can be seen from above ground, ladders that go beneath the surface can also be seen from above). Mind helping me? It's always ruining my shots :( 

Edited by acr_8133

4 minutes ago, acr_8133 said:

@clusta I'm having troubles with your release, the planets I'm landed to always seems to be transparent (for example: bottom half of rock scatters can be seen from above ground, ladders that go beneath the surface can also be seen from above). Mind helping me? It's always ruining my shots :( 

That issues seems had nothing with KS3P. Try to check it by disabling KS3P through GUI (ALT+3, Setup -> Disable).

28 minutes ago, acr_8133 said:

yep, already tried that.. only happening when with KS3P on

Got it. Actually I just made a patch for KSP 1.7.3 support. Those "unofficial" releases exists only to keep KS3P in working state while @The White Guardian concentrates on the new version (btw Post Processing Stack v2 I mentioned few pages ago ;) ). Can't make any major changes to the mod's functionality. And this issue is likely about functionality. So... Can do it but I can't :(

1 hour ago, clusta said:

Got it. Actually I just made a patch for KSP 1.7.3 support. Those "unofficial" releases exists only to keep KS3P in working state while @The White Guardian concentrates on the new version (btw Post Processing Stack v2 I mentioned few pages ago ;) ). Can't make any major changes to the mod's functionality. And this issue is likely about functionality. So... Can do it but I can't :(

so I did some testing on other bodies and this transparency issue is only happening on Duna.. Here are some pics https://imgur.com/a/8KVg7Qq

8 hours ago, Logicsol said:

What's the best way to brighten the night sky? I've got the general brightness to where I want it, but from the Kerbin surface the stars might as well be gone.

Did you have Distant Object mod installed? Anyway try to change tonemapping settings (probably ACES profile is too dark for you). Set it to "Neutral" and play with color grading parameters.

Edited by clusta

11 hours ago, Vasya_Pupkin said:

How do I load previously saved settings into the game? I saved my settings through the Export button, but I don’t understand how to load them after restarting the game.

Exported settings saved as Export/ProfileName.txt

Rename it to the ProfileName.cfg and delete the default one: if your settings about Flight scene - delete Flight.cfg from KS3P folder.

12 hours ago, Thygrrr said:

Skybox exposure should be something to edit, too, but I think it is programmatically handled by the game when the camera enters an atmosphere.

Distant Object Enhancement can alter skybox exposure from the surface - although I'm not sure if this is the same thing

12 hours ago, Thygrrr said:

Skybox exposure should be something to edit, too, but I think it is programmatically handled by the game when the camera enters an atmosphere.

18 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Distant Object Enhancement can alter skybox exposure from the surface - although I'm not sure if this is the same thing

Distant Object Enhancement uses the GalaxyCubeControl class to change the skybox 'color' and glare

Edited by Twinki

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.