20 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

Does anyone have some really nice configs that work well in the latest version. RSSVE would look even better with awesome configs :)

I mean it's really personal preference but i can drop u mine if u want :)

On 11/5/2019 at 10:37 PM, clusta said:

Did you have Distant Object mod installed? Anyway try to change tonemapping settings (probably ACES profile is too dark for you). Set it to "Neutral" and play with color grading parameters.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm using beta3 on 1.8.1, so no Distant Objects mod. I'll try playing around with the color grading more.

Hey, I need a little help with your mod. Nothing too serious, just a little inconvenience.

So, I have two planetpacks installed, one of which adds a new star system in the game, while the other just overhauls the stock one. The problem is that the shine from the "Sun" is so bright that it outshines the parent star of the other system. How do I change the mod so that it stops doing that? I am willing to tweak configs by the way.

9 hours ago, mbound said:

Is it just me or L-Alt + 3 combination doesn't do anything? I've installed @clusta 's latest version from GitHub, and seems to work, but the in-game settings UI doesn't come up.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Nope, works for me using the newest github version. Maybe you have conflicting mods that do something to the GUI, or that rebind the alt+3 to themselves?

14 hours ago, avalancha said:

Nope, works for me using the newest github version. Maybe you have conflicting mods that do something to the GUI, or that rebind the alt+3 to themselves?

Mmmmh, that's a good point, I will need to check because I have quite a few mods on this install. I don't know of any that I have at the moment that would rebind those keys, though.

Hey guys. I have some problem. Most likely, there was already a similar question here, but my English is too weak to find an answer hidden among a heap of text. I downloaded KS3P for version 1.7.2, but nothing has changed in the game. I did not find any instructions, maybe I was looking badly. I dont know.

UPD. Ok. I finally done with install. Gosh. Nowhere was it said that only DX11 should be used. Buuut. At the same time, changing the settings does not affect the display. Can I fix it somehow?

Edited by NewRetroMan

On 11/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, ssd21345 said:

main menu

ljxV6Qq.jpg

Weird, I don't have that with most current beta on 1.8.1

what other graphics mods are you using? Maybe your eve or scatterer config are off? Planetshine also recently updated, do you have the newest version? You could uninstall one by one to find the culprit

12 minutes ago, avalancha said:

Weird, I don't have that with most current beta on 1.8.1

what other graphics mods are you using? Maybe your eve or scatterer config are off? Planetshine also recently updated, do you have the newest version? You could uninstall one by one to find the culprit

I tested it with ks3p installed only. and I have changing the settings does not have immediately effect sometimes as @NewRetroMan

Edited by ssd21345

On 11/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, ssd21345 said:

@clusta

using beta 3, main menu and space center is too dark comparing to other scene using aces tone. Changing black_in setting seems no effect

I would be happy to do something about it, but @The White Guardian said out my hands from this mod :)

I just fix it for latest KSP (at the moment of 1.7.3). No further development allowed... Maybe someday I'll present my own mod about KSP "visual perception". Have some thoughts. Have no time :(

7 hours ago, clusta said:

I would be happy to do something about it, but @The White Guardian said out my hands from this mod :)

I just fix it for latest KSP (at the moment of 1.7.3). No further development allowed... Maybe someday I'll present my own mod about KSP "visual perception". Have some thoughts. Have no time :(

alright! thanks anyway!

Edited by ssd21345

Given the recent comments and nature of what I'm about to post, please don't consider this a bug report but more a heads up in the hope it might prevent conflicts down the road. Something in the latest compile for 1.8 appears to conflict with Textures Unlimited in weird and not so wonderful ways.

Spoiler

D4284A59095522869CE03AFB39B325CE7B71671A

Strangely, it only seems to affect the stock Panther and Whiplash engines. Everything else works fine. It's also fine when using the build for KSP 1.7.3. Given the notes and nature of the mods involved I would point to the shader loader changes but could be completely off the mark. It could also be a problem on TU's end as that is currently not built for 1.8 but it has been "working fine" there when tested until I introduced KS3P to that install.

I'm aware of the shaky ground upon which I stand, that's why I don't consider this a bug report but just findings for consideration by the appropriate persons. Maybe this is useful information, maybe not.

Pinging @Shadowmage for awareness too.

I'm having problems with using alternate KS3P profiles that I've created.

Changing the settings for the default profiles for each scene (Flight, EVA etc.) works fine. By that I mean I can change the KS3P settings and see the live resultes ingame, then export the settings, rename to CFG and place them in the root KS3P folder and my new settings loaded and used ingame.

The problem I have is that I'd like to have a set of profiles for Flight and EVA, each with different depth of field settings, so I can easily access them for a range of tightness and distance of focus for screenshots. The ability to select a profile for each scene suggests that this is supported, but I've not managed to get it to work so far.

My alternate profiles for flight (named Flight2 - Flight4) can be selected in Setup/Select Profile for Scene [Flight] however when in flight the game is always rendered with the settings for for the profile "Flight" and not whichever of Flight2 - 4 profiles that I select.

I'm using KSP 1.8.1 and KS3P build is 1.8.x-6.1.2-Beta3.

To be clear, this is where I'm selecting my alternate profiles, the files for which are in the KS3P root and not Export.

BvsqyDj.png

Any ideas?

On 11/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, Logicsol said:

Sorry for the late reply, I'm using beta3 on 1.8.1, so no Distant Objects mod. I'll try playing around with the color grading more.

Regarding the issue of running KS3P and Distant Objects mods, I'm using both of these and I'm also unable to get the skybox to show up while in space. Adjusting the colour grading (e.g. setting it to None, or Neutral with zeroed sliders) to get it appears doesn't brighten the skybox.

That's with KS3P Beta3 and Distant_Object_Enhancement_Continued-v2.0.0.0

For now I've just removed Distant Objects, but it would be really nice to be able to reinstate it.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:26 AM, Manwith Noname said:

Given the recent comments and nature of what I'm about to post, please don't consider this a bug report but more a heads up in the hope it might prevent conflicts down the road. Something in the latest compile for 1.8 appears to conflict with Textures Unlimited in weird and not so wonderful ways.

Reveal hidden contents

D4284A59095522869CE03AFB39B325CE7B71671A

Strangely, it only seems to affect the stock Panther and Whiplash engines. Everything else works fine. It's also fine when using the build for KSP 1.7.3. Given the notes and nature of the mods involved I would point to the shader loader changes but could be completely off the mark. It could also be a problem on TU's end as that is currently not built for 1.8 but it has been "working fine" there when tested until I introduced KS3P to that install.

I'm aware of the shaky ground upon which I stand, that's why I don't consider this a bug report but just findings for consideration by the appropriate persons. Maybe this is useful information, maybe not.

Pinging @Shadowmage for awareness too.

Thanks for the report -- testing of KS3P integration is on my TODO list for the 1.8 update for TU, so we'll see what I can uncover during my investigations.  As it seemingly only impacts specific models, and seems to have some connection to UV mapping, it may well be that Unity has introduced some new UV map related features that I'm not utilizing fully/properly from within TU.  I'll post up details on the TU thread if/when I get a chance to investigate.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:33 PM, Shadowmage said:

...testing of KS3P integration is on my TODO list for the 1.8 update for TU, so we'll see what I can uncover during my investigations.

Might be worth mentioning, it only shows in "flight". Presumably because my KS3P configs don't have any setup for the editor. There may be other strangeness occurring but so far those were the only two I found. It's certainly a weird one as they (the Panther and Whiplash) are configured as two different texture sets yet the Wheesley engine which shares the same texture set as the Whiplash is functioning.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.