11 hours ago, clusta said:

Claims to release new version. Couple of months ago. Prohibit to further devel of mine. So, wait for...

Just to make sure you understood me properly because my wording was off and I sincerely apologize.  I really did appreciate the work you put into the beta.  If it weren't for your work I would never have discovered the mod to begin with.  Thank you very much for your effort!

1 hour ago, clusta said:

I understood your properly :)Just want to say that I'm unable to improve this mod 'cause of author restrictions. But where is the author who claims so many features will be added? It's rhetorical question

Have you tried contacting him yet?  I just sent a message to him asking for clearer licensing terms.

The only thing I can find is the Spacedock listing is showing MIT as the selected license

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Have you tried contacting him yet?

Reason? I've asked before, had the answer. Honestly, I'm lost my interest to improve this mod after all... If my work goes to the black hole - so be it. The author ever bother to look at PR on github. Sad but true.

3 minutes ago, clusta said:

Reason? I've asked before, had the answer. Honestly, I'm lost my interest to improve this mod after all... If my work goes to the black hole - so be it. The author ever bother to look at PR on github. Sad but true.

How long ago? We all have those moments of "yeah, I really want to get back to that... hold on..." that turn into weeks or months later for projects like game modding, etc. I certainly don't think it's disinterest in your help.

*WE* certainly appreciate your interest and efforts.

4 hours ago, clusta said:

you respected the wishes of the author, which was a proper thing to do given he had his own plans and was working on them at the time. However in his absence, due to the MIT license, there's nothing but a gentleman's agreement (you acquiescing to his wishes that you stop) keeping you from resuming work on your own. If he really didn't want you or anyone else doing their own work on the mod he would have set a more restrictive license. Given that he hasn't even logged in for a few months and never bothered to come around to say he'd be gone for a while but still hold on until he comes back, I'd say you're free and clear to continue if you wish

in short - FORK IT!!! :P (Good Place watchers see the pun :D)

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 2/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, clusta said:

As far as I can tell, the author of this mod has not actually released anything in ~6 months, other than assurances ~3 months ago that he is going to start again, and then radio silence.

Not a knock against @The White Guardian, real life happens, interests shift, and time becomes limited.  But this mod is licensed MIT, and you backed off when they asked because they said they were going to start developing it again. They haven't.

I'm not entirely sure what the norms of this forum are in regards to forking, and obviously it's a good idea to remember that mod authors are humans with feelings and not just the license agreement they choose.  But they chose an MIT license.   Nobody forced them to, and if they chose it, they presumably did it with the intention that the mod would continue on in their absence. 

I think you've given plenty of consideration to the mod author already.  If you want to work on and improve this mod, you should do so.  And perhaps when Guardian comes back and actually has the time or interest to contribute you two can work on it together.  But you shouldn't feel like you are bound to some sort of blood oath because you tried to do right by Guardian in spite of the license agreement.

I appreciate the work you've already done to improve and update the mod, and do hope you'll reconsider continuing to do so.

Edited by nanobug

On 2/3/2020 at 8:40 AM, clusta said:

I understood your properly :)Just want to say that I'm unable to improve this mod 'cause of author restrictions. But where is the author who claims so many features will be added? It's rhetorical question

See I'm not a modder so I don't know how the rules work very well when it comes to working on a mod and taking it over. lol.  I get what you're saying now.  After reading what others have said, and after playing again with your beta 3 now that kopernicus is out and I have Astronomers Visual Pack........... man did it dent my performance....... but it was so beautiful.  Absolutely amazing with that added in.  I'm also currently using outer planets mod.  There aren't many features added to those planets in terms of clouds from what I saw, but it almost appears to have been intentional.  Needless to say............... if you ever get the desire to work on your own, or do this, please make sure I get invited to the release party.  I love visuals.  The higher the quality, and the more cinematic the better.  I'm not as concerned with pure realism, as I hate not being able to see in the dark (for me it's just infuriating and pointless, unless I have at the least some outlines to work with).  I wish I had the skill to work on this stuff myself, because I have some ideas and appearances I'd love to see and make happen, but........... without knowing what I'm doing to begin with, it's too daunting for me lmao.

bug report: TAA is not working when stock anti aliasing is on. you may already know this issue but just in case. i just found this problem and how to fix(off stock AA setting)

edit: TAA is working when flight;

Edited by VaNnadin

7 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

I seems like ambient occlusion doesn't work as it should in 1.9. Due to changes in the camera systems, I guess. Maybe something else broke. 

if you're having weird issues with strange shadows at the edge of the screen when landed and such, it can be solved by disabling high precision in the ambient occlusion node.

8 minutes ago, Zorg said:

if you're having weird issues with strange shadows at the edge of the screen when landed and such, it can be solved by disabling high precision in the ambient occlusion node.

Is that the weird spiky black flickering, or something else?

38 minutes ago, Zorg said:

No, that's not it. I had that problem before, but quickly figured it out. Right now it's just not showing at all. 

November last year I posted a question about switching the currently used profile for the scene, but didn't get any bites, so asking again.

Has anyone had any luck in switching between profiles for a scene while ingame, if so I'd be curious to know how you did that.

I've to achieve this in the Setup menu, which has the appearance of supporting this functionality, but I suspect that although the GUI for it is there, the underlying code isn't yet fully implemented.

To confirm, this is where I've been trying to change the current profile.

kl1rUBn.jpg

Edited by purpleivan

1 hour ago, purpleivan said:

November last year I posted a question about switching the currently used profile for the scene, but didn't get any bites, so asking again.

Has anyone had any luck in switching between profiles for a scene while ingame, if so I'd be curious to know how you did that.

I've to achieve this in the Setup menu, which has the appearance of supporting this functionality, but I suspect that although the GUI for it is there, the underlying code isn't yet fully implemented.

To confirm, this is where I've been trying to change the current profile.

Far as I can tell in the current build of KS3P (including the unofficial patch) it is not possible to have more than 1 profile available per scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Have just started using KS3P on a 1.8.x build of KSP and have run into a strange issue and was wondering if anyone new a fix.  I have the 1.8 Beta that c1usta has so kindly worked on and get the following wierdness happening to the skybox when I go into either map view or into the tracking station.  In flight it looks fine though.

https://imgur.com/IIK7zS7

Cheers!

On 2/5/2020 at 2:39 PM, DeliriumTrigger said:

As far as I can tell, the author of this mod has not actually released anything in ~6 months, other than assurances ~3 months ago that he is going to start again, and then radio silence.

Not a knock against @The White Guardian, real life happens, interests shift, and time becomes limited.  But this mod is licensed MIT, and you backed off when they asked because they said they were going to start developing it again. They haven't.

I'm not entirely sure what the norms of this forum are in regards to forking, and obviously it's a good idea to remember that mod authors are humans with feelings and not just the license agreement they choose.  But they chose an MIT license.   Nobody forced them to, and if they chose it, they presumably did it with the intention that the mod would continue on in their absence. 

I think you've given plenty of consideration to the mod author already.  If you want to work on and improve this mod, you should do so.  And perhaps when Guardian comes back and actually has the time or interest to contribute you two can work on it together.  But you shouldn't feel like you are bound to some sort of blood oath because you tried to do right by Guardian in spite of the license agreement.

I appreciate the work you've already done to improve and update the mod, and do hope you'll reconsider continuing to do so.

not to be that guy, but if it's not licensed and he's MIA there shouldn't be anything anyone could do to stop you and I'd say it's morally justifiable imo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.