Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

Hi there, So I've given this mod a go again (last time was 3 years ago or something) and wow does it make the game look different!

https://imgur.com/a/Vk0WJHU

However, I'm trying to make a config for a mod I'm working on, but can't figure out how to use the exported txt file to get my settings to run in game.

I have spent the last two days looking everywhere (searched this whole topic, searched google etc and experimented my self for instructions on specifically what to do with the txt file but haven't found anything that works.

I tried renaming the expoted config settings txt to a .cfg, tried copying the contents to the default config, tried putting the txt next to the default config and tried changing the index values for the configuration file, but all of these either stop the mod running in game or simply just don't show my config in the GUI in game.

If someone could help me just letting me know exactly what to do with the exported .txt file in order to have this running in my game from start up I'd be very greatful!

As you can see the mods works fantastically in game, I just currently have to re input all my custom settings ever time I start up KSP.

Half of us cant even get the UI for this mod to open in game....so for us its straight up broken

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pingopete said:

Hi there, So I've given this mod a go again (last time was 3 years ago or something) and wow does it make the game look different!

https://imgur.com/a/Vk0WJHU

However, I'm trying to make a config for a mod I'm working on, but can't figure out how to use the exported txt file to get my settings to run in game.

I have spent the last two days looking everywhere (searched this whole topic, searched google etc and experimented my self for instructions on specifically what to do with the txt file but haven't found anything that works.

I tried renaming the expoted config settings txt to a .cfg, tried copying the contents to the default config, tried putting the txt next to the default config and tried changing the index values for the configuration file, but all of these either stop the mod running in game or simply just don't show my config in the GUI in game.

If someone could help me just letting me know exactly what to do with the exported .txt file in order to have this running in my game from start up I'd be very greatful!

As you can see the mods works fantastically in game, I just currently have to re input all my custom settings ever time I start up KSP.

Pingo- 

What mod do you have for those city lights?  I've run several eve-style mods and haven't found a city-light config I like yet - but that looks amazing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

While @The White Guardian seems to be busy right now I released a KS3P patch before it will be included (hopefully) in the next release of his mod.

If anyone interested here it is: https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases
All instructions (installation and usage) inside zip archive.

Trying to fix some functionality so you can test it if you want.

Note:
This is an unofficial patch for the KS3P 6.1 mod for KSP 1.7.3 and released for testing purposes.
If you see any bugs or problems once this patch was applied, please do not contact original author for support.
This patch is released under original author's license.

Edited by clusta
Link edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, clusta said:

testing purposes.

Just to verify, the default settings should make KSP look like this:

rsbSsRZ.png

This is also with the Spectra setup installed.

 

How hard would it be to set up the config to what Orbital_phoenix has from an older KS3P?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Deltac said:

How hard would it be to set up the config to what Orbital_phoenix has from an older KS3P?

Orbital_phoenix pictures taken with various EVE mods (Spectra/SVE/AVP) installed. KS3P is not an EVE mod but a last-step image processing (post-processing). It adds effects like dirty camera lenses, glowing, color saturation, motion-blur, depth-of-field , etc. Default configs provided is just for test - it's not fine-tuned for mimic film effect, for example. You can tune them as you like. In the flight mode (on your screenshot) press LAlt-3 then select "Flight" profile and play with sliders in the "bloom", "color grading" and other sections. Read the Readme.txt file included in the archive for the detailed instructions how to export config and set it up to automatically load and apply it on every KSP start.

Again, it's not a mod release. I just trying to fix it :) So if any give it a try please report how it's going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, clusta said:

Orbital_phoenix pictures taken with various EVE mods (Spectra/SVE/AVP) installed. KS3P is not an EVE mod but a last-step image processing (post-processing). It adds effects like dirty camera lenses, glowing, color saturation, motion-blur, depth-of-field , etc. Default configs provided is just for test - it's not fine-tuned for mimic film effect, for example. You can tune them as you like. In the flight mode (on your screenshot) press LAlt-3 then select "Flight" profile and play with sliders in the "bloom", "color grading" and other sections. Read the Readme.txt file included in the archive for the detailed instructions how to export config and set it up to automatically load and apply it on every KSP start.

Again, it's not a mod release. I just trying to fix it :) So if any give it a try please report how it's going.

Ill get on it today or tomorrow and let you know.  If Left Alt 3 does anything other than nothing ill be happy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@clusta

Hello,

Thank you so much for the update. I downloaded it and everything was working as they should, the (GUI, effects).

But then I wanted to install Textures Unlimited to solve the blue icons problem in VAB and better textures overall... and KS3P stopped working after I installed it. My adjustments for any effect aren't applied and I lost all the effects I set prior to installing TU.

I apologize if this is a known issue, but I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me solve it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

@clusta

Hello,

Thank you so much for the update. I downloaded it and everything was working as they should, the (GUI, effects).

But then I wanted to install Textures Unlimited to solve the blue icons problem in VAB and better textures overall... and KS3P stopped working after I installed it. My adjustments for any effect aren't applied and I lost all the effects I set prior to installing TU.

I apologize if this is a known issue, but I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me solve it.

Make sure you don't have any dll's in TU Plugins folder except TexturesUnlimited.dll. If you see any other dll's - like BlendshapeModelLoader.dll - safely delete those. Also make sure you have only one TexturesUnlimited.dll installed (for TU 1.5.8.23 it resides in GameData\000_TexturesUnlimited\Plugins directory of your KSP installation folder).

If this not helps PM me with KSP logs and I'll try to solve this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, clusta said:

Make sure you don't have any dll's in TU Plugins folder except TexturesUnlimited.dll. If you see any other dll's - like BlendshapeModelLoader.dll - safely delete those. Also make sure you have only one TexturesUnlimited.dll installed (for TU 1.5.8.23 it resides in GameData\000_TexturesUnlimited\Plugins directory of your KSP installation folder).

If this not helps PM me with KSP logs and I'll try to solve this issue.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your interest about my question.

I had the BlendshapeModelLoader.dll in the folder and removed it as you said, but unfortunately it didn't fix.

So I sent my logs via PM, I hope it helps.

Your help is greatly appreciated kind sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, clusta said:

Orbital_phoenix pictures taken with various EVE mods (Spectra/SVE/AVP) installed. KS3P is not an EVE mod but a last-step image processing (post-processing). It adds effects like dirty camera lenses, glowing, color saturation, motion-blur, depth-of-field , etc. Default configs provided is just for test - it's not fine-tuned for mimic film effect, for example. You can tune them as you like. In the flight mode (on your screenshot) press LAlt-3 then select "Flight" profile and play with sliders in the "bloom", "color grading" and other sections. Read the Readme.txt file included in the archive for the detailed instructions how to export config and set it up to automatically load and apply it on every KSP start.

Again, it's not a mod release. I just trying to fix it :) So if any give it a try please report how it's going.

It works here, latest ksp with dlcs, linux.

I think the values need a lot of tuning. I've done some stabs at it, but my experience level with that stuff is basically zero.

Basically it all seems to work as it should.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@clusta First of all thanks a lot for providing this fix. WhiteGuardian had identified a bunch of issues but he's clearly been busy so its very much appreciated that you've provided this fix in the meantime. Ive got a decent custom profile going but I have a few small issues.

1. Channel Mixer does not seem to import properly. In the in game GUI I made some changes and used the export function which spits out 

            Mixer
            {
                red = (1.1, 0.0, 0.0)
                green = (0.0, 1.1, 0.0)
                blue = (0.0, 0.0, 0.9)
            }

However if I export and save this into a cfg the values dont match, the red channel ends up with 0 and everything looks messed up. I have a workaround for this in that I manually enter the values each time I load :D

2. The grain node does not seem to be recognised. I exported my settings but KS3P does not seem to enable grain. Again I need to enter the values manually each time I load the game. the exported node looks like this:

        Grain_Model
        {
            colored = False
            intensity = 0.173
            luminance_contribution = 0.588
            size = 0.3
        }

I tried adding an enabled = True which did not work either.

3. The final issue was when exporting my tonemapping settings the white_clip value is not included. This messed things up a lot until I realised what happened and manually entered it into the cfg. So it works properly now but it can catch out people who may be trying to make their own profiles and export.

            Tonemapper
            {
                black_in = 0.0324
                black_out = 0.0403
                white_in = 6.54
                white_level = 7.41
                white_out = 18.53
            }

If you have the chance to take a look at these issues that would be great! But in any case your fix has made v6 usable for me with only minor workarounds needed so once again your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zorg There is a couple of problems here, houston :)

The values of 3-vecor and 4-vector values (like 0.0, 1.1, 0.0, 1.0) wasn't parsed correctly from configs. I've fix this some time ago and made a pull request. There is also mess with profiles applied to the particular scene. For instance, the Astronomer's Visual Pack config overrides settings from your profiles (most of all). So, with the permit of @The White Guardian I can maintain this mod for a while. The profile management system needs to be complete, config parsers as well and so on. As for shaders - I'm in doubts that ACES tonemapper works  correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clusta said:

@Zorg There is a couple of problems here, houston :)

The values of 3-vecor and 4-vector values (like 0.0, 1.1, 0.0, 1.0) wasn't parsed correctly from configs. I've fix this some time ago and made a pull request. There is also mess with profiles applied to the particular scene. For instance, the Astronomer's Visual Pack config overrides settings from your profiles (most of all). So, with the permit of @The White Guardian I can maintain this mod for a while. The profile management system needs to be complete, config parsers as well and so on. As for shaders - I'm in doubts that ACES tonemapper works  correctly.

Thanks for looking into this! I dont have astronomers and I've made sure there is only one profile per scene since multi profile handling doesnt seem to be working. With the steps I mentioned my profile seems to work although it would be nice to have with it work right out of the box.

I dont know about ACES as so far I've only used Neutral with custom settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, clusta said:

I've fix this some time ago and made a pull request. There is also mess with profiles applied to the particular scene. For instance, the Astronomer's Visual Pack config overrides settings from your profiles (most of all).

Hi clusta, thanks for your effort.

Are these fixes already in your 6.1 Patch1?

 

kind regards

PatSch

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Clusta

Just so you know, i have my game looking pretty damn good now.

As with our chats, i removed ACES - too dark and over a number of nights tweaked the tonemapping sections and the bloom and DOF to a place where it looks lovely (to me)

Thanks so much

If anyone wants my configs I will happily share (though I dont actually know how lol). Most of the work went into 'flight' as thats my primary config which gets 95% of the use

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...