Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - New Controller Presets

SQUAD

Ok. I encountered the problem again in eva. Could not walk, jump, anything.

It is not stagin (I already noticed that before). And it is not active time warp window (also lock you out of the controls). And L1+L3 did not helped. Fortunatelly it was anough to go back to space center and back to spaceship (to my surprise locked out the revert flight options :-( ). But then I was able to move again.

If there can be any suggestion from my side regarding control scheme (if it can be improved), there are just too many modes hidden behing shortcuts .Would be nice to have some radial meanu to switch them with option to go back to normal mode. Without trying figure our what mode did I activated by mistake.

1 hour ago, Shadowrunner said:

Which control sheme you are using?

It sounds like you set your Vessel in "Precision Mode" the arrows of your Roll, Pitch and Yaw in the bottom left then are blue and not orange like normally.

In Cursor control sheme the shortcut to switch on and off are

L1+L3 

( LB+ left stick click )

---------------

Or you have locked the staging

Then the green light on the bottom left ist Purple-ish.

In Cursor sheme the shortcut is

Hold LB+A

Hope it helps.

It happened to me to, only twice so far that my pitch is fully up or down, if I counter steer I can keep it steady.

I noticed this only happens when I disable sas, I'm trying to figure out what makes this happen so that I can help Blitworks to fix this bug.

8 hours ago, BGH9 said:

It happened to me to, only twice so far that my pitch is fully up or down, if I counter steer I can keep it steady.

I noticed this only happens when I disable sas, I'm trying to figure out what makes this happen so that I can help Blitworks to fix this bug.

Sounds like trim to me. I don't know how you unset trim, but that's where you should look.

3 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Sounds like trim to me. I don't know how you unset trim, but that's where you should look.

It's random, I even made a craft with only 1 control surface for pitch, yawn and roll individually.

What I did to inform blitworks is sending a mail via their contact button on their website, and friendly informed what happens and when.

I couldn't find a report bug section so I just mailed with the game as title.

For the time it takes them to fix this, I'm trying to find a way to limit the problem from appearing, I'll update if I find a reliable way for that.

1 minute ago, BGH9 said:

It's random, I even made a craft with only 1 control surface for pitch, yawn and roll individually.

Did you deactivate reaction wheels in the cockpit/pod? When you experience this problem, do you see any pink markers?

23 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Did you deactivate reaction wheels in the cockpit/pod? When you experience this problem, do you see any pink markers?

Nope, I stay outside view and use the B key (xbox one)

What I will try is to do a bunch of flights without using sas at all, to figure out if the problem is with sas or something else, because when problems start is mostly with that on and I notice the problems without turning it of in the first place.

Btw: there are no pink markers, but the thing that makes me realise the problems start is that the control surface interface at the bottom left have a darker slightly faded orange line at which point they are stuck, even when sas is permanently on.

Edited by BGH9

1 hour ago, BGH9 said:

Nope, I stay outside view and use the B key (xbox one)

What I will try is to do a bunch of flights without using sas at all, to figure out if the problem is with sas or something else, because when problems start is mostly with that on and I notice the problems without turning it of in the first place.

Btw: there are no pink markers, but the thing that makes me realise the problems start is that the control surface interface at the bottom left have a darker slightly faded orange line at which point they are stuck, even when sas is permanently on.

I noticed what's causing the stuck controls issues and it's just a feature I just realised, very important so make sure to share this with fellow Kerbaunauts (I don't care about giving myself credit's, I like to help many).

When you steer your craft in whatever direction, you tend to retract landing gears or do other stuff.

I noticed this and did some experiments.

It turns out you can deliberately lock your control surfaces at any position you choose, to do this you press and hold LB (xbox) L1 (playstation).

To reset it, you press and hold the same button and click your left stick, this will reset every control surface to neutral.

All this is with and without sas, after finding this out I was looking in the control manual you can find in the game, there it describes this feature as trim axis (to lock) and reset trim (to reset neutral).

This isn't that clear for those not looking for it, so this may caused all the confusion.

The main reason for this problem though is that you use this feature when your pulling up and use the LB+X/L1+SQUARE combo to retract the landing gear for example, not sure how this happens, I think a bit of tweaking of the trim feature is needed to avoid accidental trimming of the controls.

8 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Is there a way to physics warp while doing a burn?  I can't find or figure it out if there is.   If there isn't, that's a bit of an oversight.  After all you could in the older version, and not having it makes those longer burns quite tedious.  I'm using the radial controls.

Hold alt while hitting the warp keys. It can be dangerous though, as some of the stresses on the vessel can be exaggerated. 

24 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Hold alt while hitting the warp keys. It can be dangerous though, as some of the stresses on the vessel can be exaggerated. 

Thanks, but it sounds like you're talking about the PC version.   I'm referring to the new console version.   In the older console version there was a way to do it, but I haven't found in the new one if it's there.

47 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Thanks, but it sounds like you're talking about the PC version.   I'm referring to the new console version.   In the older console version there was a way to do it, but I haven't found in the new one if it's there.

Oh, sorry. Forgot which thread I was reading. 

23 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Is there a way to physics warp while doing a burn?  I can't find or figure it out if there is.   If there isn't, that's a bit of an oversight.  After all you could in the older version, and not having it makes those longer burns quite tedious.  I'm using the radial controls.

Been wondering the same thing. Can do physics warp in the atmosphere doing a burn, but not in space. On the plus side, it's nice to be able to time warp with buttons now. 

Side note: Fantastic change to allow the vessel to stay on an SAS vector even when in cursor mode. Used to be very tricky when every time you would bring up the cursor you would deactivate SAS.

Downloaded the PS4 version last night and, so far, so good!  The mouse and keyboard shortcut method is always going to be easier to use for a complex game like KSP, but I must say I'm liking the radial control menu's and find that I am getting used to them quite quickly after only trying out 2 tutorials.  So far I have been able to fly several basic missions and did everything I wanted to.

I've loved KSP for some years now and despite its modest system requirements, having made the leap to a console, I don't have easy access to a machine that will play KSP smoothly.  If I can play once again, plus do it whilst in a comfy chair and in front of a large screen, I'll put up with a slightly quirky control system.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2018 at 5:19 AM, Swacer said:

I find the PS4 controls to be crap to be honest.

The instructions in game are poor.  I spent 30 minutes just trying to figure out how to scrap a part in the VAB because the instruction manual in game doesn't mention it at all.  I shouldn't need to go onto the forum to find out how to play the game.

Even after I entirely delete the rocket from the pause menu (what idiot said it was a good idea to put it or the LAUNCH button in the pause menu should have been fired), it still shows up on the launch pad until I "recover" the space craft that I deleted.  How this wasn't "found" during the many months of debugging is beyond me...or further proving Squad overstated the work that was actually being performed.

I don't see a single smooth way to access science equipment mounted on the craft during flight (trying to get science while climbing in elevation) because I have to steer with my joystick, but then due to rotation I can't get hte cursor fast enough to touch something on the  craft. There is no short hand way to interact with equipment on the rocket.

I don't buy for a single second that this is a rebuild of the game.  This at best appears like they took the old version, and said...ok...correct the issues as best you can.

Finally, when these issues are identified, the Squad response is "we will fix it with a patch shortly"....meaning you knew the issues, and STILL sent it out the door.  Maybe the PC guys are ok with this, but with console games, you expect a finished product, this iterations crap is unacceptable.

I love you

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Regentspace Sorry I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps you're more likely to get help in the Tech Support area.

@A1rb0rn3 Junk13 Unfortunately the console and PC/Linux/Mac versions are not compatible with each other and the expansion doesn't work on consoles. So far we have no information about future developments for the console release apart from bug fixes.

Since this is way off topic now, I'll lock the thread, but please feel free to continue with questions etc. in the relevant forum sections.