28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Excited for Christmas

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion
  2. 2. Are you getting coal (Joke)

• Yes
    • No

Im up for Christmas! Here in the Netherlands and probably other countries have 2 days of Christmas. This is really handy dandy because my parents are divorced, and you get to see both sides of the family without haste.

It is like Birthday no one have a clue what you will have as present and you get money or a additional bottle of soap where you get a allergic reaction... and as family hollidays... what about a fam with 100+ persons.....

Always. The preparation has lost some of the magic for me over the years to be sure (I'm not jumping up and down to decorate the tree), but Christmas itself is as enjoyable as it's ever been. In a first for me I'll actually be visiting on Christmas day rather than being visited (and of course it's going to be a stormy day).

There are 3 pop radio stations where I live, and for the last few years one of them switches over to Christmas music for December while the other two largely avoid Christmas music right up until Christmas Day. I think it's a really good way of handling it since it gives you that choice of what you want to listen to, and clearly there are enough people either way for the stations to stay profitable under that arrangement.

12 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im up for Christmas! Here in the Netherlands and probably other countries have 2 days of Christmas. This is really handy dandy because my parents are divorced, and you get to see both sides of the family without haste.

How does that work? Like would you normally divide the gifts into two batches? Two Christmas Dinners?

Here in Canada and the US we follow up Christmas with Boxing Day, because the day after Christmas isn't too early to start buying new things (the best sales of the year are on Boxing Day). In fairness, Boxing day is often used to visit people you didn't have a chance to see on Christmas, but it's not exactly a 'second Christmas'.

5 hours ago, Randox said:

How does that work? Like would you normally divide the gifts into two batches? Two Christmas Dinners?

Well i get different gifts from different sides of the family, and dinners from different sides of the family.

7 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I don't know what part of the US you're talking about

@Randox is mistaken. Boxing day is celebrated in Canada, the UK and elsewhere in the Commonwealth. I've always regarded it as equivalent to the second Christmas day that is celebrated in many European countries, but that's probably due to the influence of my own European heritage rather than Canadian boxing day tradition. More conventional Canadian boxing day tradition seems to be, much like Black Friday in the USA, to go to the mall to buy crap that's on sale.

Edited by PakledHostage

11 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I don't know what part of the US you're talking about

I always assumed that Americans had Boxing day...huh. I mean, we adopted Black Friday, how have American's not adopted Boxing Day?

Oh, and stores don't actually open here on Boxing Day, so the Boxing Day sales occur on the 27th, so I guess that actually does kind of make the 26th a proper second day of Christmas.

Edited by Randox

So, at my church this year we're doing a service without any adults involved (who's idea was that) so I thought it would be a good idea to make a background track of a bunch of Christmas songs and play that on the projector while I play the melody on my trombone. Unfortunately, I didn't get started until 2 or 3 days ago, not the best idea.

I managed to get it mostly done. However, I'm seven hours from having to play it, it's 1:30 in the morning, and I'm having problems exporting the file. I hope it works this time (3rd try), it's currently at 48%. I want to be in bed before 2:00 but I don't see that happening...

Don't procrastinate, people! It's not worth it! :D

For the first time in a string of years, I have been in the mood for Christmas most of December. My work got reorganized so a yearly crunch (examinations) are moved from December to late October, so no stress there. We just decorated the tree, and the kids are wrapping up the last presents in their rooms. I cant wait to see their faces when they unwrap their presents, which are definitely unexpected but hopefully will make them very happy.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.