Electrocutor's Thread

Electrocutor

Just now, Vandest said:

Hello @Avera9eJoe, I'm on it since a couple of hours :confused:, and I just understand that config file is outdated. Now "TEXTURE" node must be "MATERIAL" but that not all, I think now we need to specific a texture.

See here:

Hm, so it's just not ready yet - thanks for the fast reply! @Electrocutor I've been thinking of migrating WindowShine over to TU and I was curious if you might be able to help me set it up?

@Avera9eJoe

I've quickly modified the config file from @Electrocutor to get it working on latest realize of TU. You can download it here to have an overview on KSP 1.4.1. It need some adjustement and adding the new parts, but you will see that TU already have a keen interest and it working good in tangent with TRR (that it's always very useful to replace all textures that aren't in GameData folder like skybox and texture planets)

Edited by Vandest

13 minutes ago, Vandest said:

@Avera9eJoe

I've quickly modified the config file from @Electrocutor to get it working on last realize of TU. You can download it here to have an overview on KSP 1.4.1. It need some adjustement and adding the new parts, but you will see that TU already have a keen interest and it working good in tangent with TRR (that it's always very useful to replace all textures that aren't in GameData folder like skybox and texture planets)

It works! Thank you so much! Time to see if I can get my WindowShine textures running so it's only the windows that reflect :)

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, so it's just not ready yet - thanks for the fast reply! @Electrocutor I've been thinking of migrating WindowShine over to TU and I was curious if you might be able to help me set it up?

I can, but if you look at @Manwith Noname stuff, you'll find that he is at a better place to start. He already has masked textures for stock parts: whether or not he has adjusted the alpha values on the needed areas yet or not, I don't know as I've not kept up with that.

Instead of re-making just WindowShine, perhaps I might suggest that you and ManwithNoname work together to drop a new mod that fully implements shininess, metallicy, and recoloring to all stock parts and then work from there to support other mods. I'd certainly be willing to help with the cfg stuff if you'd like, but I'm no artist. I would recommend doing this using KSP_MODEL_SHADER as opposed to KSPTextureSwitch for now though.

----

Right now there is a congruency issue between TU and Variants in regards to KSPTextureSwitch. The KSP_MODEL_SHADER is still fine, but having multiple ways of changing textures doesn't jive well with each other. This was already a minor issue between KSPTextureSwitch, FSTextureSwitch, and B9PartSwitch; now stock has its own way of doing things as well. B9 wins in terms of functionality, FS wins in terms of simplest implementation, TU wins in terms eye candy, and stock wins in terms 'already there'. The ideal solution is to create a new mod that extends the capability of the stock to support as much functionality as B9 with the added shader/coloring support from TU and an optional simple or advanced cfg syntax to mimic FS.

10 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

I did start making spec/met and bump maps. That was where I decided to stop because it wasn't clear which parts would be overhauled or replaced by Squad.

Reveal hidden contents

00437C966BCF41B0BF0035CBCC08C3D2CDA678A7

Been having fun updating the configs though...the things you find.

You can grab my dx11/12 fix to get rid of those annoying gray icons at least...

I meant to mention that but I had to dash off and do something so I slapped the reply button.

It's only now that I think about it a bit more, is that supposed to be placed inside the TU folder? It worked great on it's own but the game threw errors when installed alongside TU. It refused to load as the bundle has the same name.

3 hours ago, Manwith Noname said:

I meant to mention that but I had to dash off and do something so I slapped the reply button.

It's only now that I think about it a bit more, is that supposed to be placed inside the TU folder? It worked great on it's own but the game threw errors when installed alongside TU. It refused to load as the bundle has the same name.

-_- I feel really stupid now... thanks for pointing this out. 

Updated.

Edited by Electrocutor

Avera9eJoe

Yo, j'ai un problème avec le mod spectra.
Lorsque j'utilise F9 (chargement de sauvegarde), les étoiles de fond disparaissent.
Je ne vois rien, je ne vois pas les planètes.

Yo, I have a problem with the spectra mod. When I use F9 (backup load), the background stars disappear. I do not see anything, I do not see the planets.

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English outside the Internation subs.

2 hours ago, PARA said:

Avera9eJoe

Yo, j'ai un problème avec le mod spectra.
Lorsque j'utilise F9 (chargement de sauvegarde), les étoiles de fond disparaissent.
Je ne vois rien, je ne vois pas les planètes.

Yo :D Quels autres mods avez-vouz installés? Pardonnez mon Français, j'utilise un traducteur :PPassons au thread Spectra.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Avera9eJoe 

J'utilise aussi un traducteur :)sinon je viens d'installer ce mod correctement.I only have the spectra mod .Quand je fais F9 ou quand je charge une fusée depuis la station de contrôle, les étoiles de fond disparaissent et je vois seulement mon vaisseau et pour voir une planète, je dois être très proche pour elle apparaisse. Sinon excellent mod.

also use a translator:) otherwise I just installed this mod correctly.I only have the spectra mod. When I do F9 or when I load a rocket from the control station, the background stars disappear and I only see my ship and to see a planet, I must be very close for it to appear. Otherwise excellent mod.

Edited by Vanamonde

After hearing a couple comments from people, make sure you guys remember that the d3d11/12 patch is not for TexturesUnlimited. In 1.4.1, TexturesUnlimited only works right with -force-glcore. The rendering is done very differently in dx9, 11, and 12, and does not work with the code of TU.

Honestly, I think everyone should be using -force-glcore, even not using any mods, because it is more stable and higher performance than dx9.

Edited by Electrocutor

Avera9eJoe 

I also use a translator:) otherwise I just installed this mod correctly. I only have the mod spectrum. .  When I do F9 or when I load a rocket from the checkpoint, the background stars disappear and I only see my ship and to see a planet, I will be very close for it to appear. Otherwise excellent mod.

Edited by PARA

16 hours ago, PARA said:

Avera9eJoe 

I also use a translator:) otherwise I just installed this mod correctly. I only have the mod spectrum. .  When I do F9 or when I load a rocket from the checkpoint, the background stars disappear and I only see my ship and to see a planet, I will be very close for it to appear. Otherwise excellent mod.

I can only assume you mean Spectra, which is Avera9Joe's mod? I'm afraid you're in the wrong place to get support for that.

Here's a quick ModuleManager cfg for people who want to tint things. Allows all parts mod or not to be tinted.

@PART[*] {
	MODULE {
		name = ModulePartVariants

VARIANT {
			name = Red
			displayName = Red

primaryColor = #c40233
			secondaryColor = #c40233

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #c40233
			}
		}
		VARIANT {
			name = Green
			displayName = Green

primaryColor = #009f6b
			secondaryColor = #009f6b

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #009f6b
			}
		}
		VARIANT {
			name = Blue
			displayName = Blue

primaryColor = #0087bd
			secondaryColor = #0087bd

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #0087bd
			}
		}
		VARIANT {
			name = Yellow
			displayName = Yellow

primaryColor = #ffd300
			secondaryColor = #ffd300

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #ffd300
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by Electrocutor

On 19-1-2018 at 1:37 AM, Manwith Noname said:

The chances of stock recolour coming this month, are a million to one he said...

Jeff Wayne refference finally kicked in.

Edited by Jimbodiah
this forum software sucks

So... I have a question for everyone. For a mod like AirplanePlus, do you prefer its current implementation of having one part per visual (and perhaps some slight changes to properties like mass) or would you prefer there to be a single sized part then scroll through the visuals via variants? So for example, simply have a single part named Mk1 Cockpit or Mk1 Inline Cockpit, then have 3 or four 4 visual options.

4 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

So... I have a question for everyone. For a mod like AirplanePlus, do you prefer its current implementation of having one part per visual (and perhaps some slight changes to properties like mass) or would you prefer there to be a single sized part then scroll through the visuals via variants? So for example, simply have a single part named Mk1 Cockpit or Mk1 Inline Cockpit, then have 3 or four 4 visual options.

id say, maybe have that as an optional extra? that way players can choose between them

20 minutes ago, stuChris said:

id say, maybe have that as an optional extra? that way players can choose between them

This would be nice, but PartVariants don't work that way. You could force this kind of behavior with a mod that intercepts GUI stuff and what not, but this would be very complicated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.