[WIP] Ж-20 "Moroz" Spaceplane

IronCretin

3 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Looking at this picture it seems the wings are on 3 sides of a Titan I/II, but the later plans called for a Titan III, where do I put the SRBs and the wings @IronCretin ?

The Dynasoar flight plan at time of cancellation called for several suborbital test launches on Titan 1/2, with those types of wings added for stability. The operational orbital launches would have used Titan IIIC, and would not have had wings because the overall design of the stack and the thrust vectoring of the SRBs being sufficient to control it until atmospheric forces were manageable.

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

The Dynasoar flight plan at time of cancellation called for several suborbital test launches on Titan 1/2, with those types of wings added for stability. The operational orbital launches would have used Titan IIIC, and would not have had wings because the overall design of the stack and the thrust vectoring of the SRBs being sufficient to control it until atmospheric forces were manageable.

Grazie Wolfy, this picture cleared it up for me (visual thinker and all that)

Dyna_Soar_launchers.png

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ooph, we should have made @IronCretin 's service adapter a Dynasoar>1.5m adapter and then included an extra 1.5m > 1.875m adapter to go under it... too late I suppose.

There's a Gemini 1.5-1.875m adapter in BDB isn't there?

On 1/22/2018 at 5:42 AM, TheRedTom said:

Looking at this picture it seems the wings are on 3 sides of a Titan I/II, but the later plans called for a Titan III, where do I put the SRBs and the wings @IronCretin ?

That was a USAF artist and likely given the TWO sizes of wings they figured (the Artist not an Engineer) that a TAIL WING and a Vertical Tail was what was needed.  The Vertical Tail is the smaller size airfoil.   You see this a lot in "conceptual Art" done for the USAF.  Half the missiles that were proposed in the 1950s and 1960s had over-large wings until the USAF got smart about wing size vs maneuverability of a rocket/missile.  Remember the "Whale Tail" Cadilac was FRESH in peoples minds.   One begot another.. which was begotten by the first (literally the American Fascination with big fins on cars started not for performance reasons but rather because of the exploits of the Pilots in their planes and rockets...  which caused big wings to appear in everyones art for future planes and rockets... )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Sadly just discovered this - it work with 1.3.1? Looks like a blast!

It hasn't even fully released in KSP but the parts that are in game are AWESOME!

I have clipped in some of my own custom parts (IE clipped existing parts...)  I have a 4x array of these beauties about to launch on a Saturn V rocket as a space station addon....  These are going to be my Escape vehicles :)

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, IronCretin said:

unknown.png

Is the transtage adapter part of BDB or X20 and not released? The landing gear looks great btw (wish it was released :wink: )

Edited by Abrecan

12 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Is the transtage adapter part of BDB or X20 and not released? The landing gear looks great btw (wish it was released :wink: )

Not released yet.  Ironcretin has been offline since the start of the month.   We will just have to wait with some patience, and hope everything is A-OK

On 2/7/2018 at 6:44 PM, awsumindyman said:

@IronCretin anything new?

21 hours ago, Abrecan said:

9 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Not released yet.  Ironcretin has been offline since the start of the month.   We will just have to wait with some patience, and hope everything is A-OK

Alright, I'll just try and assuage any fears y'all have. @IronCretin is fine. He's been super busy with IRL stuff, but yes he is still going to finish this pack. It will just take a bit. As you all saw it's most of the way there. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.