Mods of Maar (TM)

JadeOfMaar

Coined by @RocketPCGaming, and I was prodded by him to do this. :)

What it says on the tin.

This gameplay mod is a big step up from using just Ore to do everything, and is kindred in spirit to Realistic Atmospheres made by OhioBob. Resource deposits are sorted and applied based on expected compositions of worlds, and compatibility is easily granted between configured planet packs and: life support mods, hydrolox rocketry mods, some sci-fi propulsion mods, the WBI mods, and USI mods (while reducing the bias towards MKS).

What it says on the tin.

What it says on the tin.

What it says on the tin, it adds a rather attractive, feature-filled place for launching into the sea and adding value to progression games. Compatible with KSC Extended and KerbinSide Remastered when v1.1+ become available.

A suite of parts specialty made for measuring and comparing things.

The one true mod for Skylon parts. It's still fairly unfinished but is now well polished and ready for use in today's KSP. It's optimized for use in 2.5x ~ 3.2x scale games (due to the scale of its parts) and it has no hard dependency except for B9 Part Switch.

Deep Sky Core

Contains a number of parts and effects shared by most or all of my major part mods, and contains the agency files required for the manufacturer tab in the SPH and for career contracts. It has no forum thread. It's available on GitHub and SpaceDock and usually featured with Thor Tech.

Electric engines and supporting parts to enable novel new things with on-Kerbin aircraft, off-Kerbin aircraft and spaceplanes that don't need Oxygen.  Effective self-powering aircraft (light and heavy) can be built that don't need LiquidFuel or nuclear reactors. Effective heavy aircraft and Eve ascent vehicles can be built which need only nuclear reactors and sufficient hypersonic intake.

Airline Kuisine adds Mk2 and Mk3 fuselage parts devoted to carrying life support resources and processes. They take on theme-based textures for each supported life support mod. Currently it supports USI, TAC, Kerbalism and Snacks!.Airline Kuisine has further texture-switching options for USI and TAC, and a bonus theme: "OPT Style" if installed with OPT Spaceplane Parts and USI or TAC life support.

OPT Continued is the re-post of OPT Spaceplane Parts (the "Main" pack) which had not been updated directly since KSP 1.1. It fully removes the old Firespitter dependency, old plugin bundles, integrates a few things that were originally patched/fixed via Reconfig, and brings this mod up-to-date on CKAN.

OPT Legacy is both a retirement home for old parts and an expansion pack containing new parts that originally weren't allowed into the Main pack. The best portions imo are the parts that I've added: the second wings suite, the VTOL engines suite and the power sphere suite. The antique fuselages are another story.

OPT Reconfig removes OPT Spaceplane Parts' dependency on Firespitter, provides integration with various other gameplay mods, especially fuel switcher mods, and fixes issues such as with drag cubes.

Sunflares like no other. Available in special, semi-real color palettes based on the Hertzsprung Russell diagram for star classification. There are currently 5 families of sunflare, but only the G class flare in each family is available for the Stock system, bundling into SSRSS and (the M class flare in addition) for Galileo's Planet Pack. The full spectrum is only available to developers of very large star system mods and galaxy mods.

My flares are not allowed for use with planet mods that don't add stars.

Spoiler

A part pack for reducing part count and takeoff weight in typically RAPIER-powered craft, and which shows higher faithfulness/fidelity to the nature of the real SABRE engine. It aims to be sufficient for use in up-scaled games and can run on Hydrolox. No true release yet.

Dust Bunnies expands on Nertea's Space Dust and provides some popular non-NFT resources to Squad's planets and a select very few planet packs.

Aborted/Discontinued, an interpretation of the omnipotent Spice Melange from the classic DUNE movie. Includes super-powered engines to enable single stage to anywhere vehicles of all sizes and interstellar vehicles. Also includes an alternative power generation system compatible with NF Electric, integration to 2 choice science mods and stock experiments, and is compatible with the following life support mods: USI, TAC, Snacks!

(Not its own thread) My collection of skyboxes created/adapted for KSP and which require TextureReplacer and include helmet reflections. Most of them are from EVE Online. The rest are composites of space photos.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

My Part Mods

In developing the coming updates to my part mods: Airline Kuisine, Thor Tech, and (unreleased) The Spice, I've realized that it would be prudent to publish a "Deep Sky Core" modlet which will serve to clean up the messy DeepSky mod folder and contain my shared parts. These in particular will be the Mk2 Voyager Cockpit + Intake, and the Japier engines. (This will break some craft files using Thor Tech).

OPT "Industries" Patches

Like I've done to produce the OPT_USI patch I've begun producing the OPT_WBI patch: This will add Wild Blue Industries features to OPT Spaceplane Parts and enable lovers of WBI and OPT to use WBI resource switching, Pathfinder functions, MOLE science mechanism, and AirPark, without having to clip or jam the related parts into OPT parts.

This, like most mods, is a personal project geared to meet my interests and not expecting wide adoption, but I can call a few names who surely would be happy to know this is coming: @Angel-125 @Space Kadet and @Lord_inter

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

*snip*

OPT "Industries" Patches

Like I've done to produce the OPT_USI patch I've begun producing the OPT_WBI patch: This will add Wild Blue Industries features to OPT Spaceplane Parts and enable lovers of WBI and OPT to use WBI resource switching, Pathfinder functions, MOLE science mechanism, and AirPark, without having to clip or jam the related parts into OPT parts.

This, like most mods, is a personal project geared to meet my interests and not expecting wide adoption, but I can call a few names who surely would be happy to know this is coming: @Angel-125 @Space Kadet and @Lord_inter

oh yeah!

Just now, Lord_inter said:

yep yep yep, i'm all over that on my next save (a WBI save), so many people using USI, WBI needs more love IMH as its just as good (and i actually prefer the rovers, airships, BARIS etc)

plus ive yet to have a proper release that killed a save.....

On 1/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

*snip*

OPT "Industries" Patches

Like I've done to produce the OPT_USI patch I've begun producing the OPT_WBI patch:

so is this a mod manager patch , say the likes of which i could krakenise into a patch for @Well's KNES mod to change their internal kis storage to WBI convertible space?

44 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

so is this a mod manager patch , say the likes of which i could krakenise into a patch for @Well's KNES mod to change their internal kis storage to WBI convertible space?

You don't have to wait on me to release my thing so you can do it. I haven't used my patch yet for myself but you can try this. The documentation for the module is very clear in the Buckboard*000.cfg files (in the 000WildBlueTools folder), except "resourcesToKeep" which ignores the storage switcher and is taken from somewhere in the Pathfinder folder.

@PART[Knes_Command_K-IXV]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleKISInventory] {}
	!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIConvertibleStorage
		enableLogging = True

fieldReconfigurable = True
		confirmResourceSwitch = True
		showGUI = True

defaultTemplate = MonoProp // LFO
		templateNodes = STORAGE_TEMPLATE

capacityFactor = 0.083
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;Ablator;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 1000
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Command_K-CEV]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{

MODULE
	{
		enableLogging = True

showGUI = True

capacityFactor = 1
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 14000
	}
}

If you want to add MOLE science slots to the parts, change templateNodes = STORAGE_TEMPLATE to templateNodes = STORAGE_TEMPLATE;BUCKSCI1

Options for the number of science slots are BUCKSCI1, BUCKSCI2, BUCKSCI3, BUCKSCI6. Pick only one.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

54 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You don't have to wait on me to release my thing so you can do it. I haven't used my patch yet for myself but you can try this. The documentation for the module is very clear in the Buckboard*000.cfg files (in the 000WildBlueTools folder), except "resourcesToKeep" which ignores the storage switcher and is taken from somewhere in the Pathfinder folder.

@PART[Knes_Command_K-IXV]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{

MODULE
	{
		enableLogging = True

showGUI = True

capacityFactor = 0.083
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;Ablator;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 1000
	}
}

{

MODULE
	{
		enableLogging = True

showGUI = True

capacityFactor = 1
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 14000
	}
}

brilliant, i made it ! thanks for the help!

{

MODULE
	{
		enableLogging = True

showGUI = True

defaultTemplate = KIS // LFO

capacityFactor = 1
		resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;Ablator;MonoPropellant;

logoPanelTransforms = 
		decalsVisible = false

baseStorage = .001
		maxStorage = 14000
	}
}

not tomorrow im going to try and test some distribution!  

Released a semi-major :wink: update to Airline Kuisine, containing some certain vital changes that were overlooked or somehow went missing. The missing Mk2 greenhouses are now actually there, and (unfortunately), I had to de-shuffle the Kerbalism Mk2 processors which will throw any existing craft out of balance and endanger crew. :( 

Released a minor update to Deep Sky Core and Thor Tech. These fix missing engine sounds and FX.

The OPT_WBI patch is nearly done. I've decided to have the Wild blue resource switcher replace the Firespitter setup for all applicable parts except wings. The array of options will be roughly the same and some parts, mostly cockpits, may be convertible into KIS containers.

• 1 month later...

A major update each to Deep Sky Core and Thor Tech is finally out. Thor Tech now not only lets players accelerate without restriction in atmosphere, but have increased survival potential while doing it, and to "run on fumes" for several seconds longer after crossing the flameout altitudes that apply to nearly all other jet engines.

What's next? Airline Kuisine major update. And later, an open pre-release of The Spice. The fabled version 0.7 0.8 that I've promised a long time now.

I'd like to deliver on Airline Kuisine while it's still thread of the month but I can't make that promise. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Classic Stock by Angel-125 and myself has fully taken off and I've begun building a play install for KSP 1.4: Full Classic Stock. So the optional integration patches are now coming:

The current project is conversion of Near Future (Electric and Propulsion):

• The ArgonGas tanks and engines have been changed to use Hexagen;
  • The scanner and harvester parts now handle Hexagen where they normally handle ArgonGas;
  • The Lithium tanks, RCS and engines have been changed to use Rock and to be as mass drivers;
  • The nuclear drums and reactors hold and use NuclearFuel and NuclearWaste, not EnrichedUranium and DepletedFuel;
  • Titles (display names) and descriptions have been changed to suit;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.