[Solved] Can't mine landed asteroid on kerbin

PrimoDev

Hello rocketeer !

A few days ago I landed an asteroid and set up 4 rover connected between them and to the asteroid : 1 for electricity, 1 for cooling, one for storing ore & convert it and the last one for my 5 star engineer & the drills.

But seems like I can't mine it.. The drills only ask for surface harvester but nothing for asteroid case..

Here's some screenshots for a better understanding of my situation :

https://imgur.com/a/5n4ig

Edited by PrimoDev

57 minutes ago, PrimoDev said:

Hello rocketeer !

A few days ago I landed an asteroid and set up 4 rover connected between them and to the asteroid : 1 for electricity, 1 for cooling, one for storing ore & convert it and the last one for my 5 star engineer & the drills.

But seems like I can't mine it.. The drills only ask for surface harvester but nothing for asteroid case..

Here's some screenshots for a better understanding of my situation :

https://imgur.com/a/5n4ig

Umm...you know you could just mine the ground underneath you, instead of bothering with such a tiny asteroid? Asteroids are really only useful to mine in space, and they have limited ore, unlike Kerbin which has infinite. Unless this is for a contract or something?

That aside, the pics aren't super helpful; could you put one up with the right click menu opened on the drills?

3 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Umm...you know you could just mine the ground underneath you, instead of bothering with such a tiny asteroid? Asteroids are really only useful to mine in space, and they have limited ore, unlike Kerbin which has infinite. Unless this is for a contract or something?

That aside, the pics aren't super helpful; could you put one up with the right click menu opened on the drills?

I think he's trying to reduce its mass to make it easier to transport.

Otherwise, just ensure the drills are deep into the asteroid. 

23 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Unless things have changed, I don't think your drills are deep enough. I thought insertion had to be up to the first collar / sleeve.

21 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

Otherwise, just ensure the drills are deep into the asteroid.

21 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

But these guys are probably onto something with the 'not deep enough' line

Yep you guys where right ! the drills were not deep enough I'll just change that with KAS thanks you guys ! :)

21 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

I think he's trying to reduce its mass to make it easier to transport.

You got it ! I've been challenged by friend to do a Kerbin-Duna Duna-Kerbin travel with landings with an asteroid so before I wanted it to reduce mass as it's very heavy and fuel have a cost in career mode :sealed:

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas ! :D

Edited by PrimoDev

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.