[1.9.X] Tantares and BDB now in Colors!

Drakenex

On 3/26/2019 at 2:36 AM, Drakenex said:

screenshot22.png

Solar tanks are cosmetic only, no sun catcher transform on model.

Oh lawdie, that looks great! Does the parachute still have Firespitter texture changing?

8 hours ago, Callistoan said:

I have tried to get this on my game, but it hasn't worked. I've put it in the game data folder and the plugins folder to no avail. Do I need to put it in the Tantares folder or somewhere else? 

I believe you just need to move the DnD_Alt folder into gamedata, then it should work.

• 1 month later...

Hey Drakenex, just wanted to give a shout out and say how much I've been enjoying your recolours! Its fantastic to have the extra variants for alternative builds on top of Beale's already excellent work.

Molniya launcher

xeWSoq4h.jpg

A0s9yX4h.png

Some Salyut/TKS shenanigans.

56eTKCAh.png

Al6G5B5h.png

nN6pA7Lh.png

C4pHrDeh.png

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

@Drakenex any chance BDB now in colors could be updated?, from what i remember the parachutes still use variant switching instead of firespitter texture switching..

Yeah! Thanks for reminding me! I'll work on them right now

On 5/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, Zorg said:

Hey Drakenex, just wanted to give a shout out and say how much I've been enjoying your recolours! Its fantastic to have the extra variants for alternative builds on top of Beale's already excellent work.

Molniya launcher

Amazing builds man!

Well, that's my little contribution to a community and to the mods who gave us so much!

Interesting timing - I just came back to KSP after a 6 month hiatus last night and now I also wanted to ask about the BDB colors ...

And I wonder where I got the DnD_Alt_1.4.2_BDB.zip from, because I don't find any link inside this thread... :confused:

41 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Interesting timing - I just came back to KSP after a 6 month hiatus last night and now I also wanted to ask about the BDB colors ...

And I wonder where I got the DnD_Alt_1.4.2_BDB.zip from, because I don't find any link inside this thread... :confused:

It was on the BDB thread, I'm about to upload it again with some updates, remember to make suggestions and please add reference material with them ;)

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to create an alternate color scheme for the BDB Apollo SM in the style of the unmanned test missions?

saturn1B%20AS201%20pad10.jpg260px-Apollo_6_launch.jpg

Spoiler

Or from Marooned?

Marooned5.jpgMarooned2.jpg

23 hours ago, Petrovich said:

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to create an alternate color scheme for the BDB Apollo SM in the style of the unmanned test missions?

Hide contents

Or from Marooned?

A completely white SM?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Drakenex The Kane parachute no longer appears in the part menu with BDBNiC installed.

[LOG 22:42:17.531] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_Parachute/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_Parachute'
[ERR 22:42:17.560] Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Capsule_New_NRM' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:INTERNAL_CALL_GetPixel (UnityEngine.Texture2D,int,int,UnityEngine.Color&)
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixel (Int32 x, Int32 y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase.BitmapToUnityNormalMap (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase+TextureInfo.get_normalMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase.GetTexture (System.String url, Boolean asNormalMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.TextureSwitchInfo+<CreateTextureReplacements>d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.InitializeSubtypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.OnLoadPrefab (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.CustomPartModule.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 22:42:17.579] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Capsule_New_NRM' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:INTERNAL_CALL_GetPixel (UnityEngine.Texture2D,int,int,UnityEngine.Color&)
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixel (Int32 x, Int32 y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase.BitmapToUnityNormalMap (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase+TextureInfo.get_normalMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameDatabase.GetTexture (System.String url, Boolean asNormalMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.TextureSwitchInfo+<CreateTextureReplacements>d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.InitializeSubtypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.OnIconCreate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.CreatePartIcon (UnityEngine.GameObject newPart, System.Single& iconScale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 22:42:17.579] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Weird! looks like a texture problem, but removing BDBNiC fixes it?

And please let me know what else needs to be updated (from Tantares and BDB)

Update:

screenshot4.png

fixing that texture makes the parachute OK again

Thanks!!

Edited by Drakenex

4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

fixing that texture makes the parachute OK again

Thanks!!

Could you please update the Spacedock download link to include this fix?

4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

And please let me know what else needs to be updated (from Tantares and BDB)

Everything else seems to work fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.