[1.9.X] Tantares and BDB now in Colors!

Drakenex

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Unfueled and fueled Soyuz MS (Modern) coming soon

I can't seem to get the center engine to switch colors.

What's the reason for the naming? Do the Russians paint the Soyuz after fueling it up as a visual indicator?

Edit: Oh, it's ice! Cool!
:cool:

Edited by Derb

6 hours ago, Derb said:

I can't seem to get the center engine to switch colors.

What's the reason for the naming? Do the Russians paint the Soyuz after fueling it up as a visual indicator?

Edit: Oh, it's ice! Cool!
:cool:

Nice catch! Thanks a lot

Yup, LOX tank get it's surface covered with frosted condensation after being fueled, Kerosene tank stays green ... haha

Update 1.1.1 is up!

Edited by Drakenex

7 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Nice catch! Thanks a lot

Yup, LOX tank get his surface covered with frosted condensation after being fueled, Kerosene tank stays green ... haha

Update 1.1.1 is up!

Is that the only change for 1.1.1, fixing the engine?

Something you may want to consider - you can switch the color of the Soyuz hab #1, why not apply it to the other orbital module? I did some tinkering and the textures work just fine for the other round one (save a strip of stock color at the top). Some of the colors also work on the cylindrical types too.

Edited by Derb

9 minutes ago, Derb said:

Is that the only change for 1.1.1, fixing the engine?

Something you may want to consider - you can switch the color of the Soyuz hab #1, why not apply it to the other orbital module? I did some tinkering and the textures work just fine for the other round one (save a strip of stock color at the top). Some of the colors also work on the cylindrical types too.

yes, only a fix release.

Few people uses that one, but if they are OK with the bit of stock color I can do it (a new texture sheet could add like 16 Mb). If you have any more suggestions don't be shy!

Great input, thanks again.

Just now, Drakenex said:

yes, only a fix release.

Few people uses that one, but if they are OK with the bit of stock color I can do it (a new texture sheet could add like 16 Mb). If you have any more suggestions don't be shy!

Great input, thanks again.

Since that bit isn't included on the other, I wonder if you could color it and still use the same texture sheet for the 0.9375... I use the 0.625 one all the time since it fits the tiny stock docking port - it's a lot easier to attach on a wide variety of craft than finding a 0.9375 node. My experiments with applying your orbital module texture to the cylinders seems to suggest that they share the texture with the spherical, so I think it might just be possible to use one sheet per color for all 4 modules - look at whatever is different between the taxi, pink, and 7k textures and the other colors - those are the ones that seem to work when applied to the cylinders without any sort of weirdness. The other colors only get applied to the window rim as is! :D

Another question I had - is the third stage of the N1 supposed to be only half green?

Love the life this mod adds to Tantares.

29 minutes ago, Derb said:

Since that bit isn't included on the other, I wonder if you could color it and still use the same texture sheet for the 0.9375... I use the 0.625 one all the time since it fits the tiny stock docking port - it's a lot easier to attach on a wide variety of craft than finding a 0.9375 node. My experiments with applying your orbital module texture to the cylinders seems to suggest that they share the texture with the spherical, so I think it might just be possible to use one sheet per color for all 4 modules - look at whatever is different between the taxi, pink, and 7k textures and the other colors - those are the ones that seem to work when applied to the cylinders without any sort of weirdness. The other colors only get applied to the window rim as is! :D

Another question I had - is the third stage of the N1 supposed to be only half green?

Love the life this mod adds to Tantares.

So,

• Texture switch for the 0.625 OM
  • Texture switch for shenzhou modules - all of them use the same sheet than the other OM, but require texture work one by one.

Got it!

And yes, each of the 4 N1 built and launched (well, they tried) had different color schemes, but one of the mock ups was colored that way:

n1_1m1_on_pad_nov_1967.jpg

If some one could get clear reference photos from the ones launched we may do them ( @Deltac is in charge of the N1, but I'm sure he will :P )

Edited by Drakenex

3 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

And yes, each of the 3 N1 built and launched (well, they tried) had different color schemes, but one of the mock ups was colored that way

Makes sense for visual tracking, now that I think about it.

4 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

So,

• Texture switch for the 0.625 OM
  • Texture switch for shenzhou modules - all of them use the same sheet than the other OM, but require texture work one by one.

Got it!

You are awesome, sir.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The lower maintank can switched between Stock, MS and MS fueled but MS and MS fueled is identical green.

Sorry my bad! they look the same because that part of the tank stores kerosene which isn't cryogenic:

6a2bd3bc3029dab89a1b05593be9f7d8.jpg 

So it's the same fueled or unfueled.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:55 PM, Hemoglobin said:

I found a good article about color variants of the N1 rocket here

Very interesting, thanks!

Just wanna confirm, does this work fine with 1.4.2? Nvm it works fine as far as I can tell.

Do you think Beale could incorporate this into Tantares with the new 1.4 texture switching?

Also, do you think you could make the Mir docking module paintable white, like ISS' Rassvet?

Edited by golkaidakhaana
More words

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.