[1.9.X] Tantares and BDB now in Colors!

Drakenex

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

This was fixed a long time ago. Are you installing the right version?

Just to cover my bases I emptied out my other mods and did fresh downloads of both release and dev versions of BDB and BDBNIC, and did 4 different tests. In each instance the bug was present. I would abort off the launch pad, open the Apollo parachutes via staging. The parachutes will visually open, but will not slow the capsule down.

1 hour ago, mozartbeatle said:

Just to cover my bases I emptied out my other mods and did fresh downloads of both release and dev versions of BDB and BDBNIC, and did 4 different tests. In each instance the bug was present. I would abort off the launch pad, open the Apollo parachutes via staging. The parachutes will visually open, but will not slow the capsule down.

I also have that same issue.

2 hours ago, mozartbeatle said:

35 minutes ago, alexander110 said:

I also have that same issue.

How strange. I'm not sure what to suggest , other than don't use the affected parachutes for the time being .

Edited by golkaidakhaana

I've encountered the same parachute issue as well. My temporary solution at the moment is to turn on "Replace Drag Cubes with Spherical Model" option in KSP's debug menu. Parachutes would be working under this condition, though their drag would be a bit higher than normal.

4 hours ago, Echo11 said:

I've encountered the same parachute issue as well. My temporary solution at the moment is to turn on "Replace Drag Cubes with Spherical Model" option in KSP's debug menu. Parachutes would be working under this condition, though their drag would be a bit higher than normal.

Thanks, I just tried it and that also worked for me for now. :D

• 3 weeks later...

wow,  the parachute bug, present when the part have the ModulePartVariants module causing it to not having any drag, was never fixed ... I was really sure but I was wrong, so, I'll have to revert to the previous solution and make the parachutes textures to switch using firespitter :/

25 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

wow,  the parachute bug, present when the part have the ModulePartVariants module causing it to not having any drag, was never fixed ... I was really sure but I was wrong, so, I'll have to revert to the previous solution and make the parachutes textures to switch using firespitter :/

I used drag cube, it effects just the Apollo Chutes and they work now, but they cause it to go at 3 m/s in descent.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, Drakenex said:

??? tantares soyuz parachute has variants and works i think

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:54 AM, davidy12 said:

aUKipt9.png

Bug with textures unlimited. Why aren't reflections showing up?

I think you’re problem lies with textures unlimited, maybe try updating the version?

Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates about the new Gemini retextures. They’re going smoothly and will be ready for release relatively soon.

I also got a little side tracked and started working on new probe variants!

dHN3zg0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

VhjVVdA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

A7t7Oqb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

5Sr7qEv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The foil technique is based off of Nertea’s used in Near Future Exploration. I plan on doing OGO, OSO, and OAO for now as those cores seem to be the best suited for foil. Let me know what y’all think!

Edited by Invaderchaos

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been experiencing a very weird issue with the BDB Apollo (Kane) parachutes in the latest KSP causing excess drag when undeployed.  After a lot of trial and error I've narrowed down the cause of the issue to BDBNIC - remove it and the problem goes away.  This makes me sad, because I like the pretty colours.   Squad only knows why adding some stock part switches would make this happen but apparently it does.

44 minutes ago, Friznit said:

I've been experiencing a very weird issue with the BDB Apollo (Kane) parachutes in the latest KSP causing excess drag when undeployed.  After a lot of trial and error I've narrowed down the cause of the issue to BDBNIC - remove it and the problem goes away.  This makes me sad, because I like the pretty colours.   Squad only knows why adding some stock part switches would make this happen but apparently it does.

I've got the same issue. Sorry to say, but at this point, wait a year or so till 1.8 and the Apollo revamp is out. Likely they'll add in those colors by default.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

I've got the same issue. Sorry to say, but at this point, wait a year or so till 1.8 and the Apollo revamp is out. Likely they'll add in those colors by default.

Oh I wouldn't be so sure.  BDBNIC is @Drakenex baby and not really a core BDB thing (unless @Invaderchaos get's their first of course :P ).  Stock part switches may be FUBAR but B9 doesn't seem to have the same issue.   In the meantime you can edit out the parachute config from BDBNIC and if necessary add an equivalent B9 switch using the same texture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, Invaderchaos said:

I think you’re problem lies with textures unlimited, maybe try updating the version?

Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates about the new Gemini retextures. They’re going smoothly and will be ready for release relatively soon.

I also got a little side tracked and started working on new probe variants!

dHN3zg0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

VhjVVdA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

A7t7Oqb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

5Sr7qEv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The foil technique is based off of Nertea’s used in Near Future Exploration. I plan on doing OGO, OSO, and OAO for now as those cores seem to be the best suited for foil. Let me know what y’all think!

Please please continue with their thermal foil recolours , they are best !!!!!!

I am sorry to report that I encountered a situation very similar to what Friznit reported above. The "bug" actually had two different components. I am currently running 1.10.1.2939.

Prior to installing BDBNIC, my BDB Saturn 1 and 1B were so overpowered on a stock Kerbin that they were nearly SSTO's. I had to power them down for realism's sake. After I installed BDBNIC, I noticed that neither of them, at full power and fuel, would achieve orbit! A full 1st stage burned through all of its fuel at only at 15-17,000 meters and at less than 500 m/s. Because of air resistance staging was disasterous. I use MechJeb so I thought for a while that I had gooned up a setting. I also noticed that the Atlas Centaur and ETS Saturn 1C also struggled a bit, but I was able to achieve orbit at least. It really seemed as if someone had turned on a massive aerobrake. I spent three hours yesterday launching test after test with different MechJeb settings and nothing worked.

The second issue involved the return to Earth. After deorbit and reentry, the Apollo CM would slow considerably, even without the parachutes deployed! At 6,000 meters I was down to 39 m/s and still dropping. I thought about letting her go all the way to see if it would safely land without parachutes, but I punched them out anyway. Immediately the speed increased to nearly 200 m/s, then started to slow down again! Final landing speed was 7 m/s, about 2-3 m/s higher than normal. After that I realized that it wasn't MechJeb at all so I backed out and uninstalled BDBNIC. After restarting and testing, the problem went away and BDB was back to normal.

The BDBNIC install was via CKAN and it was bundled with Tantares. I uninstalled both.

This is really a shame because I liked what was in this mod. It was one of those that greatly enhanced the visual aspect of the whole sim. I will fully admit that the problem may be linked to another mod that I have, but since the problem went away when I uninstalled BDBNIC, I will have to leave it behind for now.

Edited by DaveyJ576

5 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I am sorry to report that I encountered a situation very similar to what Friznit reported above. The "bug" actually had two different components. I am currently running 1.10.1.2939.

Prior to installing BDBNIC, my BDB Saturn 1 and 1B were so overpowered on a stock Kerbin that they were nearly SSTO's. I had to power them down for realism's sake. After I installed BDBNIC, I noticed that neither of them, at full power and fuel, would achieve orbit! A full 1st stage burned through all of its fuel at only at 15-17,000 meters and at less than 500 m/s. Because of air resistance staging was disasterous. I use MechJeb so I thought for a while that I had gooned up a setting. I also noticed that the Atlas Centaur and ETS Saturn 1C also struggled a bit, but I was able to achieve orbit at least. It really seemed as if someone had turned on a massive aerobrake. I spent three hours yesterday launching test after test with different MechJeb settings and nothing worked.

The second issue involved the return to Earth. After deorbit and reentry, the Apollo CM would slow considerably, even without the parachutes deployed! At 6,000 meters I was down to 39 m/s and still dropping. I thought about letting her go all the way to see if it would safely land without parachutes, but I punched them out anyway. Immediately the speed increased to nearly 200 m/s, then started to slow down again! Final landing speed was 7 m/s, about 2-3 m/s higher than normal. After that I realized that it wasn't MechJeb at all so I backed out and uninstalled BDBNIC. After restarting and testing, the problem went away and BDB was back to normal.

The BDBNIC install was via CKAN and it was bundled with Tantares. I uninstalled both.

This is really a shame because I liked what was in this mod. It was one of those that greatly enhanced the visual aspect of the whole sim. I will fully admit that the problem may be linked to another mod that I have, but since the problem went away when I uninstalled BDBNIC, I will have to leave it behind for now.

It sounds like BDBNIC is likely referencing  and recoloring old models/parts altogether? It definitely wouldn't just be abstractly affecting "stats" of the rockets, etc.  Just swapping out the textures shouldn't do that.

I'd be curious to see what all the individual components' stats are pre- and post-installation of BDBNIC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.