[1.9.X] Tantares and BDB now in Colors!

Drakenex

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Hey @Invaderchaos it has been very quiet here , I wanted to know if there is a download for the BDB foil variants somewhere ?

The answer is on page 1. ;)
There is a github-link to the dev-version. And it includes the probecores. But be aware that is is still WIP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 10:27 AM, Cheesecake said:

The answer is on page 1. ;)
There is a github-link to the dev-version. And it includes the probecores. But be aware that is is still WIP.

Yes this is true , but He has no updated it in a long time , and does not reply to the questions , it makes me curious ?

On 4/30/2021 at 5:26 AM, KeaKaka said:

Hey @Invaderchaos or @Drakenex, I get this B9 part switch warning whenever I boot the game, it seems to be related to a paint switch on the Gemini retro and service modules, the B9 option still exists ingame but does nothing.  latest version of B9 and latest Dev version of BDBNIC.

I think this mod is been shelved , @Invaderchaos does not reply here in a long time , it is many version out of date , perhaps you to not use it

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 6:26 AM, KeaKaka said:

Hey @Invaderchaos or @Drakenex, I get this B9 part switch warning whenever I boot the game, it seems to be related to a paint switch on the Gemini retro and service modules, the B9 option still exists ingame but does nothing.  latest version of B9 and latest Dev version of BDBNIC.

Capture.png

I get that too

Capture.png

On 5/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, Starhelperdude said:

I get that too

Gemini service modules (and a lot of related parts) from the latest BDB are way different from what they were at the time of this mod release (different models, behaviours and texture mapping)
It's highly possible that any related config is failing to get the right meshes, being very probably renamed/different in the latest.

Edited by Araym

• 4 weeks later...

Can you modify the CKAN dependencies so that it doesn't install Tantares with it?

I only want BDB and not Tantares, but I can't remove Tantares in CKAN without removing BDBNIC as well. I could remove Tantares manually, but I'm fearing incompatibilities with it uninstalled.

• 3 months later...

Capture.png

On 5/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, Starhelperdude said:

I get that too

For those that already put the concern about some B9PartSwitch errors, and as a stop-gap measure untill BDB will update the Apollo/Saturn parts to new models (at that time, the Apollo patched here will be outdated), I kind of brute-forced myself into the MM patches provided bt BDBINC...

It kind of worked, in 1.12.2:

e0plPF5.jpg
sDdsk1E.jpg
6FfaP1L.jpg

(... only shown here some of the colors available: everything is there as original present)

The only B9PartSwitch error that I have still to iron out is related the last line in the above error picture ("Duplicated subtype name found ... etc etc... on part : Black"), but I reduced the probable cause to some Titan parts that I have still to check out.

For those asking "why to bother for a pack nearly to be partially outdated", I'm planning (for personal use, so there will be no follow up for the public) probably to salvage some of the near-to-be-outdated Apollo parts, so I would have done this in any case. It's not a big deal for me.

If anyone is interested, probably later in the day there will be a follow up, once I'll sort out the last errors remaining, with an usable link, provided also that further errors (based on other outdated parts/models, but not throwing out bold errors like the above) are not worked out (nothing is done by me on actual textures files) and that I do not use Texture Unlimited (so metal/shining parts will be probably not supported by my fixes, if anything is wrong, and left as originally in BDBINC: for the moment I was just focusing to removing the more evident errors on loading the game)

Edited by Araym

Fixing the recolored Titan parts is taking "a bit more" of the predicted time...
(aside for a pause for dinner, I did nothing else than pestering with MM coding and figuring the needed improvements)

I wanna die... I'm already dead, inside... :sob:

BUT I WILL NOT SURRENDER MYSELF!
" 'Cause when the goin' gets tough . . . the tough get goin'!" ;p

<Cue in John Belushi's "Animal House" movie soundrack>

Edited by Araym

... and...

... in the end...

... I PROBABLY DID IT!!! :cool:

The last error was a SUBTYPE duplicate for ONE SINGLE PART, that kept to slip between all my checks, focused more in finding some code syntax error or some bad placed definition in them.

I had to re-organize the entire patch, tyding it to place all the SUBTYPES related to a single part (or serie of parts) all together, to then notice one of those was present TWICE for one part, messing with the B9PartSwitch logic.

I'm running the final checks to be sure that everything is in order, then I will upload on the net the revised patches.

Edited by Araym

FIXED!

gFqjYNa.jpg

... at least for the errors related to Gemini and Titan crafts (other problems could be derived by being developed from past/outdated models...) and for KSP v.1.12.2 ...

Anyone interested, waiting eventually for the return of Drakenexh, could find it here: https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC (Hit the big, green, button and download the zip: then put the GameData's content in your game's GameData folder, as any other mod)

NOTES:

1. This is an INTERIM FIX: I didn't adopted the mod, it simply happened that I made the fix for myself and I'm allowing anyone to download them (under the same, original, license) making them public.
  2. Aside the main, evident, bugs for the Gemini and Titan parts, I didn't made any change. No new texture, no eventual fixes on set-up that could be outdated by the time.
  3. BDB is going to be (soon™) updated, with new Apollo and Saturn parts: when that will happen, the color changes of the present Apollo capsule will be outdated and good for be scrapped. Do not be surprised once it will happen.
  4. You can, eventually, ask me for fix other errors, but that will, eventually, happen only on my free time and WITH NO COMMITMENT AT ALL!!! I could even tell, simply, "no", if in the future I will not be in the possibility!:cool:
    This is not a mod I'm mantaining: just a lucky "star alignment" brought me here and put me in the mood to deep my toes in fixing it.

Said all the above, enjoy your recolors and Space Safely! ;p

Edited by Araym

On 9/22/2021 at 1:25 AM, Araym said:

FIXED!

... at least for the errors related to Gemini and Titan crafts (other problems could be derived by being developed from past/outdated models...) and for KSP v.1.12.2 ...

Anyone interested, waiting eventually for the return of Drakenexh, could find it here: https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC (Hit the big, green, button and download the zip: then put the GameData's content in your game's GameData folder, as any other mod)

NOTES:

1. This is an INTERIM FIX: I didn't adopted the mod, it simply happened that I made the fix for myself and I'm allowing anyone to download them (under the same, original, license) making them public.
  2. Aside the main, evident, bugs for the Gemini and Titan parts, I didn't made any change. No new texture, no eventual fixes on set-up that could be outdated by the time.
  3. BDB is going to be (soon™) updated, with new Apollo and Saturn parts: when that will happen, the color changes of the present Apollo capsule will be outdated and good for be scrapped. Do not be surprised once it will happen.
  4. You can, eventually, ask me for fix other errors, but that will, eventually, happen only on my free time and WITH NO COMMITMENT AT ALL!!! I could even tell, simply, "no", if in the future I will not be in the possibility!:cool:
    This is not a mod I'm mantaining: just a lucky "star alignment" brought me here and put me in the mood to deep my toes in fixing it.

Said all the above, enjoy your recolors and Space Safely! ;p

Yay! Now i can enjoy my Delta blue titan 2 again  :D 

Upon launching the game (KSP 1.12.2, BDB 1.8.1, BDBNIC master branch) I am getting the following MM warning: 

[WRN 20:08:33.049] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: BDBNIC/Patches/Thor/@PART[bluedog_ThorAble_Tank,bluedog_DeltaB_Tank]:FOR[Bluedog_DB]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB]

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

5 hours ago, Neebel said:

Upon launching the game (KSP 1.12.2, BDB 1.8.1, BDBNIC master branch) I am getting the following MM warning: 

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

<Araym looks above a couple of messages, where an entire page of this post is basically related to the very same problem>

Fixing it? Naaah. "IM-POS-SI-BLE!" :rolleyes:

I didn't spend 2 days and I didn't made a github link, and a related post right 2 message above this one, to make public a fix for it....
No.
I didn't. :rolleyes:

If only it wasn't in this page... :joy:

17 hours ago, Araym said:

I didn't spend 2 days and I didn't made a github link, and a related post right 2 message above this one, to make public a fix for it....
No.
I didn't. :rolleyes:

And it's totally not like the issue occurs with exactly this version of BDBNIC that you posted 3 messages above, nooo way...

In all seriousness, why was your response so cheeky? I didn't specifically ask you to fix it so you didn't have to respond at all, and like I said, I get warning with both "versions" of BDBNIC, from the original github and your fork.

And for what causes the warning, I didn't even have to read your previous posts because MM literally told me what was wrong, I just don't know what to do about it. My previous post was a bit poorly worded.

Edited by Neebel

3 hours ago, Neebel said:

And it's totally not like the issue occurs with exactly this version of BDBNIC that you posted 3 messages above, nooo way...

In all seriousness, why was your response so cheeky? I didn't specifically ask you to fix it so you didn't have to respond at all, and like I said, I get warning with both "versions" of BDBNIC, from the original github and your fork.

And for what causes the warning, I didn't even have to read your previous posts because MM literally told me what was wrong, I just don't know what to do about it. My previous post was a bit poorly worded.

Very weird because I hunted down most of the "possible causes" of B9PartSwitch to go crazy...

... but I guess it could be improved further.

About my answer: Yes. I'm a bit of a cheeky old grumpy bas**rd. :joy:
The error didn't happen to me, so, reading "BDBINC master branch", I assumed it was related to the "original" master branch, not a call to "Araym's master branch fixes". So i just wanted to have a bit of fun, if it was the case. (... as said: YES: I'm definitely a cheeky bad person :joy:)

In any case, there is space for further improvements, in the config files I left untouched: I had a conversation with some of the most well known mod makers that pointed me to some "unwritten rules" about MM patching, and I was already working in a "refinement" of the above coding, even more "fail proof".

Give it a try (the url is the same above: https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC ): it should resolve almost everything, at this point.

Let me know if it works: I PROMISE a less cheeky answer, if you find still some problems... maybe... ;p(... aside being an "old cheeky grumpy bas**ard", I'm also a "moody bas**ard", so my answer are often driven by my status of the moment :joy: )

Edited by Araym

15 hours ago, Araym said:

Very weird because I hunted down most of the "possible causes" of B9PartSwitch to go crazy...

... but I guess it could be improved further.

About my answer: Yes. I'm a bit of a cheeky old grumpy bas**rd. :joy:
The error didn't happen to me, so, reading "BDBINC master branch", I assumed it was related to the "original" master branch, not a call to "Araym's master branch fixes". So i just wanted to have a bit of fun, if it was the case. (... as said: YES: I'm definitely a cheeky bad person :joy:)

In any case, there is space for further improvements, in the config files I left untouched: I had a conversation with some of the most well known mod makers that pointed me to some "unwritten rules" about MM patching, and I was already working in a "refinement" of the above coding, even more "fail proof".

Give it a try (the url is the same above: https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC ): it should resolve almost everything, at this point.

Let me know if it works: I PROMISE a less cheeky answer, if you find still some problems... maybe... ;p(... aside being an "old cheeky grumpy bas**ard", I'm also a "moody bas**ard", so my answer are often driven by my status of the moment :joy: )

Thanks for the response and the fix! I'm gonna try it out as soon as I can get back to my PC. I will probably update this post with my results.

About your first answer: It's fine, no one can be in a good mood every time. "Schwamm drüber" as we Germans/Austrians like to say :D

I actually downloaded and tested BDBNIC from both your fork and the "original" master branch because they're identical, at least until yesterday.G66VwSz.png

Edited by Neebel

16 minutes ago, Neebel said:

Thanks for the response and the fix! I'm gonna try it out as soon as I can get back to my PC. I will probably update this post with my results.

About your first answer: It's fine, no one can be in a good mood every time. "Schwamm drüber" as we Germans/Austrians like to say :D

I actually downloaded and tested BDBNIC from both your fork and the "original" master branch because they're identical, at least until yesterday.G66VwSz.png

They seems "identical" because I didn't changed any file name and/or folder structure, to further  allow "compatibilty" for anyone that had the "original" one:
it's not needed for the textures itself, and neither for the naming of the MM patches, as .cfg files. But the latter are VERY different, for some (namely, the Titan and Gemini parts) A LOT, and now, for anything else, for some logical switches that trigger the patches themselves and/or the coding that made the errors appears.

That was done with the clear idea that anyone that had the "original", broken, version, could download mine and simply copy/paste them onto the old one, allowing the merge when/if prompt to do so, without much of an headache of lingering bad config left around.

2 hours ago, Araym said:

They seems "identical" because I didn't changed any file name and/or folder structure, to further  allow "compatibilty" for anyone that had the "original" one:
it's not needed for the textures itself, and neither for the naming of the MM patches, as .cfg files. But the latter are VERY different, for some (namely, the Titan and Gemini parts) A LOT, and now, for anything else, for some logical switches that trigger the patches themselves and/or the coding that made the errors appears.

That was done with the clear idea that anyone that had the "original", broken, version, could download mine and simply copy/paste them onto the old one, allowing the merge when/if prompt to do so, without much of an headache of lingering bad config left around.

I'm not affine with github, but doesn't the "Merge pull request" part from my screenshot mean Drakenex merged his original repository with your fork? Please correct me if that's wrong,

Anyways, on some good news, I can confirm your latest update fixed my issue. Much thanks!

16 minutes ago, Neebel said:

I'm not affine with github, but doesn't the "Merge pull request" part from my screenshot mean Drakenex merged his original repository with your fork? Please correct me if that's wrong,

Anyways, on some good news, I can confirm your latest update fixed my issue. Much thanks!

He merged my "older" version, with still remaining issues.

I pushed to his Github the latest changes (placed on my github version after I noticed your issues)

Edited by Araym

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.