The DoubleDouble Redoubled thread that never was

Grand Ship Builder

15 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

Announcement: Because of problems like Sam Belanger leaving and abandoning the mod, the crisis afterwards, this whole licensing situation , and a bunch of other problems that probably don't exist but might, the V1.2 release will be delayed, probably for a rather long time.

Might I suggest that you stop bashing the previous author/owner?  It serves no purpose other than antagonizing certain people and turning others off.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Might I suggest that you stop bashing the previous author/owner?  It serves no purpose other than antagonizing certain people and turning others off.

After rereading the post you quoted ~10 times, I still fail to see how it is bashing the previous owner, seeing as it only says that him leaving suddenly is a problem. As with any mod, game, or other software/anything, the head of a team leaving is always a problem.

18 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

After rereading the post you quoted ~10 times, I still fail to see how it is bashing the previous owner, seeing as it only says that him leaving suddenly is a problem. As with any mod, game, or other software/anything, the head of a team leaving is always a problem.

Stop saying he left and abandoned the mod.  He is out of the picture, every time you mention that, it grates on me, and most likely him, if he is reading it. 

Move on.  You guys have now taken it over, forget about constantly mentioning the past.

I just looked at the first page, have a few comments:

1.  There are nested Hidden Comments sections for no reason: in other words, in order to see the hidden comments, I have to click the first, and then there is another hidden comments inside which I also have to click.  This is awkward and unnecessary

2.  You don't need so many download locations;  in fact, having so many can be counterproductive, since when you do an update, you have to update 7 different downloads.  I'd suggest condensing it down to 2, just Github and Spacedock, and drop all the others

3.  i see you have BTW recommended, please add TimeControl, which is another mod to control timewarping

4.  Remove that first line, it's unnecessary, simply replace it with a line which says this is the continuation of the mod

5.  No need to have everything in bold

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

1.  There are nested Hidden Comments sections for no reason: in other words, in order to see the hidden comments, I have to click the first, and then there is another hidden comments inside which I also have to click.  This is awkward and unnecessary

2.  You don't need so many download locations;  in fact, having so many can be counterproductive, since when you do an update, you have to update 7 different downloads.  I'd suggest condensing it down to 2, just Github and Spacedock, and drop all the others

3.  i see you have BTW recommended, please add TimeControl, which is another mod to control timewarping

4.  Remove that first line, it's unnecessary, simply replace it with a line which says this is the continuation of the mod

i can answer 5.

the op is exactly the same as the original dd thread.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

1. I'll get to that eventually.
  2. I didn't make it like that. That's how @SamBelanger has done it.
  3. I might.
  4. It's a message to those who are wondering what happened to the original thread.
  5. Same as 2.
33 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Rather than have bystanders speculate and argue about what's going on, please let the involved parties work things out by themselves. 

:(

@Scaprod If you are a planet modder you are better off finding another team to join. If you're looking for a good star system mod just to play, consider some of the existing, high grade ones already out there, like To Boldly Go, Galileo's Planet Pack + OPM_Galileo, and Kerbal Star Systems. See spoiler in the linked post for links.

As for the chaos in this thread, it is due to Grand Ship Builder who, (to be blunt and quick) is only acting in the pursuit of popularity and has not shown any modding skill or manners. This is not a personal attack. I hate the idea of bashing someone (and by extension triggering the forum mods) but I hate what's going on here and why, and I feel that it's worth it to say this here.

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Scaprod If you are a planet modder you are better off finding another team to join. If you're looking for a good star system mod just to play, consider some of the existing, high grade ones already out there, like To Boldly Go, Galileo's Planet Pack + OPM_Galileo, and Kerbal Star Systems. See spoiler in the linked post for links.

As for the chaos in this thread, it is due to Grand Ship Builder who, (to be blunt and quick) is only acting in the pursuit of popularity and has not shown any modding skill or manners. This is not a personal attack. I hate the idea of bashing someone (and by extension triggering the forum mods) but I hate what's going on here and why, and I feel that it's worth it to say this here.

I won't leave.

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think @SamBelanger would highly disagree with you, if he was here.

I do hate to step in on such a fine occasion, but i'm with@JadeOfMaar on this one.

(Since my opinion is different to that of the OP's, expect this reply to magically disappear)

I would be for GSB's continuation of this mod if I have actually seen proof of projects he has already done. I would think Sam would be happy if his mod was on good hands, however I cannot speak on his behalf. Plus, as the moderator said, it's best you sort this out yourselves.

Edited by Gameslinx

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Keep calm and carry on™

Please no. we have enough of those as it is. in development news, I am working on KopernicusExpansion support. If this is wrong, then someone please tell me. Procedural Gas Giants in the works

@Kopernicus:FOR[DoubleDouble]:NEEDS[KopernicusExpansion]
{
	@Body[HAS[~name[Sun,Crisi,Fine,Karm,Kraken,Nusse,Proto,Serry,Sytre,Trica]]]
	{
		@PQS
		{
			allowFootprints = true
		}
	}
}

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It is not my fault that @SamBelanger left for no apparent reason, and even if so, not intentionally. How would you know if me making this thread to CONTINUE an ABANDONED mod has only been for popularity? I've contributed to this mod well, and this whole situation is just annoying me, and the other DD developers here. I'm fairly new to modding, yes, but that does not mean I have no modding skills. On manners, what? Sure, we make mistakes sometimes, but no matters at all? You are wrong on many levels. '

I think it's people like YOU who are causing the chaos in the thread, and as such, are partly the reason development has slowed.