The DoubleDouble Redoubled thread that never was

Grand Ship Builder

2 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

I think it's people like YOU who are causing the chaos in the thread, and as such, are partly the reason development has slowed.

Well, to be honest nobody is forcing you to follow the thread instead of focusing on development. Just stop replying unless you have something DD related to post. An escalation like this always involves two parties.

4 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

It is not my fault that @SamBelanger left for no apparent reason, and even if so, not intentionally. How would you know if me making this thread to CONTINUE an ABANDONED mod has only been for popularity? I've contributed to this mod well, and this whole situation is just annoying me, and the other DD developers here. I'm fairly new to modding, yes, but that does not mean I have no modding skills. On manners, what? Sure, we make mistakes sometimes, but no matters at all? You are wrong on many levels. '

I think it's people like YOU who are causing the chaos in the thread, and as such, are partly the reason development has slowed.

this "redoubling" has existed for less than a week. chaos in a minor forum thread should not throttle development progress. i'd also appreciate it if you didn't bash my mates unless you have something better to bring to the table.

move on. time will tell whether this mod will thrive or not.

6 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

--sniped for the glory of the glorious soviet regime--

step 1: chill

step 2: GSB is working on stuff right now, but dosent have any progress worth showing yet

step 3: development has not slowed, it has outright stopped because of sams departure. Personally, Ithink that either 1.2 will come out at earliest, a month from now, or a portion of it will come in 1.3 or 1.2.1

16 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

Blaming others for your lack of direction is in bad form ... @JadeOfMaar is not responsible in the slightest nor is anyone else (other than yourself)

7 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

development has not slowed, it has outright stopped because of sams departure

So Sam is responsible?

Amazing how the community can come together ... Last I have to say on this

Edited by DoctorDavinci

16 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

So Sam is responsible?

Amazing how the community can come together ... Last I have to say on this

what im saying is that sam was really the leader of development, and now that he is gone, the mod lacks a sense of direction. the fact that 3 different people are running this at the same time dosent help that.

56 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

Sure, we make mistakes sometimes, but no matters at all?

- [Here you imply that jade saying you have no manners if absurd]

You contradicted yourself a fair bit:

You are wrong on many levels.

I think it's people like YOU

If you calm down a little bit and talk through this in a good state of mind, politely, I think this can be resolved really easily and efficiently. No name calling from anyone, either.

Despite saying the above, I'm quite annoyed as to why on earth you're blaming Sam for a lack of development. I'm sure he's suffered enough from the misinterpretation of people's critiques and should be let of the hook. Let's be clear - he left because he thought nobody liked him or wanted him.

By continuing to stir up this thread (as i am hypocritically doing, but for a better cause), you disregard his attempts at 'his' mod and blame your own lack of effort on his sudden departure.

It's your mod now, so there's no need to focus on the past as @linuxgurugamer said.

Edited by Gameslinx

4 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just looked at the first page, have a few comments:

1.  There are nested Hidden Comments sections for no reason: in other words, in order to see the hidden comments, I have to click the first, and then there is another hidden comments inside which I also have to click.  This is awkward and unnecessary

2.  You don't need so many download locations;  in fact, having so many can be counterproductive, since when you do an update, you have to update 7 different downloads.  I'd suggest condensing it down to 2, just Github and Spacedock, and drop all the others

3.  i see you have BTW recommended, please add TimeControl, which is another mod to control timewarping

4.  Remove that first line, it's unnecessary, simply replace it with a line which says this is the continuation of the mod

5.  No need to have everything in bold

1. I'll get to that eventually.
  2. I didn't make it like that. That's how @SamBelanger has done it.
  3. I might.
  4. It's a message to those who are wondering what happened to the original thread.
  5. Same as 2.
  1. You made a new thread.  Great!  15 minutes of work would fix everything I commented on.  It's obvious you did a copy/paste, which is normally fine.  I do the same when I adopt mods.  But I take a few minutes to clean things up.
  2. 30 seconds to delete 5 lines of text.  That's difficult?
  3. Your choice, your decision.
  4. It's very antagonistic.  You can say the same thing in a calmer way.  Here, let me help you:  
    •  "@SamBelanger has decided to move on in his life and is not working on the mod anymore.  @Mrcarrot, @NickRoss120 and myself are working together to continue this mod"
  5. 30 seconds to highlight the text and remove the bold.

Oh, and I just noticed the following:

1. You still have @SamBelanger 's Patreon on the first page, do you really want that?
  2. The "Official Web Site" is a dead link

Wow, how difficult was that?

I'm being a bit sarcastic.  I'm not angry, just sad.  So far, all anyone has seen in this thread is excuses, belligerence and  bad manners.  This thread reminds me of a bunch of high school students.

You may not want this advice, but it's being made to try to help you, @Grand Ship Builder, @Mrcarrot & @NickRoss120:

• Take a few minutes to fix the OP.  Remove the references to @SamBelanger as they are, soften the rhetoric.
  • Discuss amongst yourselves who will be leading the development moving forward.  Publicize it so everyone knows what's going on.
  • Provide support for the mod 
  • It would be nice to, when you have it, post a roadmap of where the mod is going, and, as you work on it, updates so people can see the progress.

19 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

... I didn't sign up for blaming, all I wanted to do was develop a mod since I did contribute to the now-left-alone (trying to not use the word "abandoned" here) DoubleDouble thread by Sam. Now it seems like a festival of blaming here and now just about everyone from the Kopernicus community is here. They're giving out advice which could actually help us co-owners out, but someone keeps slamming it and "forgets" it. Not going to say who, just let it sink in... However, there's a point in this as we didn't get much done due to how much we've planned to fix or add such as bugs, new planets and stars, and some transliteration issues. I'm kind of stuck at a mid-point here as of now, and that's coming from one of the co-owners, too.

I felt like I had to write my memo here.

Locked at OP request.

If you would like your own thread locked, please report it by hitting the "report post" button, or by posting in the "Need your thread locked or moved" thread. PMing a moderator or two is unlikely to get quick results, as we're spread all over the globe, so the ones you PM might be asleep. By making it visible to all the moderators, you'll get a faster reply.