Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

11 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Thats a stock BDA part. Part limit is going to hit him pretty hard if every missile has 10 or so parts. I wouldnt be concerned unless he put the nuclear weapon mod in his build. Which is not being allowed.

Suppose at BVR 1 is fired. All the enemy planes could be knocked out in 1 missile. And it isnt stock BDA. It is a seperate download. And missiles can have only 5 parts

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Suppose at BVR 1 is fired. All the enemy planes could be knocked out in 1 missile. And it isnt stock BDA. It is a seperate download. And missiles can have only 5 parts

Nvm found some info. I see what you are talking about with procedural explosives and the like. And i am definitely seeing missiles with more than 5 parts. What i am not seeing is any testing against chaff/flares/countermeasures or even an active guard mode. Considering how low the kill rate is for missiles, (its something akin to like mid-60s kill rates, very few missiles actually kill) im willing to give it a shot.

Edited by exbyde

13 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Can you link me to this mod? I thought he was saying the experimental missile guidance/warhead parts in BDA. Also not sure what a bvr-1 is

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts

I meant firing one missile at BVR(beyond visual range)

Well, the missile isnt exectly "airplane portable"(except maybe the AB-17), but you get the point. you can make ridiculously overpowered missiles.

22 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts

I meant firing one missile at BVR(beyond visual range)

Well, the missile isnt exectly "airplane portable"(except maybe the AB-17), but you get the point. you can make ridiculously overpowered missiles.

But that is way more than five parts. Which is my point. Sure you can make a cluster missile that destroys the ksc, but that is a theatre/tacti al ballistic missile (tbm). You could not make an effective fighter aircraft outside of the super category that mounts something like that. I do not see a system like this providing an unfair or uncounterable advantage, as it still relies on bda for targeting, which, if all the volleys of missiles are any indication, isnt the kindest on missile kills. Until such time as there is a demonstrable and unbalanceable advantage to these systems, i am going to allow them.

10 minutes ago, exbyde said:

But that is way more than five parts. Which is my point. Sure you can make a cluster missile that destroys the ksc, but that is a theatre/tacti al ballistic missile (tbm). You could not make an effective fighter aircraft outside of the super category that mounts something like that. I do not see a system like this providing an unfair or uncounterable advantage, as it still relies on bda for targeting, which, if all the volleys of missiles are any indication, isnt the kindest on missile kills. Until such time as there is a demonstrable and unbalanceable advantage to these systems, i am going to allow them.

Is exactly 100 parts super?

My updated version beat the novi hands -down(thanks to 12 vulcans and 12 AMRAAMs. told you i wasnt giving in on removing them. :P) ALL WITH 99 PARTS @exbyde!

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Is exactly 100 parts super?

Over 100 is super. 100 parts and 20 tons is fine. 101 parts or 20.00000000000000000000000001 tons is super

Edited by exbyde

Just now, exbyde said:

Over 100 is super. 100 parts and 20 tons is fine. 101 parts and 20.00000000000000000000000001 tons is super

Great! now i will add a second reaction wheel to total exactly 100!

30 minutes ago, aleksey444 said:

There are nuclear weapons for BDA? :)

North Kerbin Dynamics. If you attempt to submit a plane with nukes it will go up against somr aircraft armed with 16 lasers and infinite electricity, may be the tank

Edited by exbyde

2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

how to win:
steal get take acquire the best planes in the roster
learn the plane
be one with the plane
build your plane based on what you learned from it (e.g light, TWR, maneuverability)
git gud
profit

How to win

Build tube

Put sas

Put wing

Put ecm

Put 50 vulcan

Call it a plane

Lancer with some improved settings: (Thanks are owed to @Eidahlil for providing the tips)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouae7z4a5lst44t/Lancer ASF.craft?dl=0

It performs better than before, but it is still the same plane, merely with some added batteries and altered AI settings. I don't expect it to make it onto the leaderboard, but :P I still want to see how it holds up :D

13 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

How to win

Build tube

Put sas

Put wing

Put ecm

Put 50 vulcan

Call it a plane

No. You do this:

1. Put 1 cockpit

2. Put FLT-800 

3. Put vector

4. Add lasers

5. Add bda

6 FIGHT!

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

No. You do this:

1. Put 1 cockpit

2. Put FLT-800 

3. Put vector

4. Add lasers

5. Add bda

6 FIGHT!

No, you do this:
1. Examine your enemies, especially the videos of all the fights.

2. Know their strategies. Is it missile spam, is it stealth, is it maneuverability

3. Develop a craft

4. Tune it to fight these strategies. Add weapons to taste, reduce radar signature, etc.

5. Test. Watch closely at what happens.

6. Tune more

7. Submit craft

If{giant_unwieldy_craft=true}:

goto 3;

else if {leaderboard=false}:

goto 4;

30 minutes ago, Abraxis said:

Didn't know you could use if as a function :D

I just graduated with a degree in computer science. I'm more "know enough to be dangerous/molest stackoverflow" than "know enough to be helpful".

Edited by exbyde

@dundun93 I'm curious, why are you quoting yourself saying 

COPYRIGHT FACE!!! HOW DID HE GET THAT????

but entered nothing after. Did you feel as though someone missed you saying something, or did you just need to point out that someone was using le may-may?

Edited by exbyde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.