Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

1 minute ago, dundun92 said:

HEY! You stole my idea! (Not the extreme one, another one. The reason I asked the question)

I've always been a fan of swarm tactics. Most of my craft are small. Heck, some of the planes on this thread have higher part counts than my naval frigates :D

9 minutes ago, exbyde said:

you understand Eidahlil's drone princess uses swarm tactics right?

Yes, I know. I meant a different idea he might have thought of...

5 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I've always been a fan of swarm tactics. Most of my craft are small. Heck, some of the planes on this thread have higher part counts than my naval frigates :D

Never mind I have a new idea. [REDACTED] parasite drones! It will be amazing! And within the rules! 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

after the aircraft get into the air. Takeoff sleds arent counted. In other words if you have 20 drones on the wings of a carrier, as soon as the aircraft gets off the ground you can technically deploy drones.

I'd like a clarification of this rule. :)

Competition mode makes a list of aircraft on clicking the button. Any aircraft launched after that are ignored. So if you launch drones after takeoff, they will:

1. just fly in circles around the spot where they were launched instead of following the launching craft
  2. competition mode will ignore them, and start the competition anyway after the launching craft get far enough
  3. competition mode will not turn on the drones' guard mode on either

So, questions:

1. Assuming a craft did launch drones on takeoff, would they be left alone to do the thing listed above, or would competition mode be started again to include them?
  2. Assuming a craft launched something with guard mode already on, would the craft be disqualified, or would the behaviour be fixed manually (e.g. by restarting competition mode)?

22 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

I'd like a clarification of this rule. :)

Competition mode makes a list of aircraft on clicking the button. Any aircraft launched after that are ignored. So if you launch drones after takeoff, they will:

1. just fly in circles around the spot where they were launched instead of following the launching craft
  2. competition mode will ignore them, and start the competition anyway after the launching craft get far enough
  3. competition mode will not turn on the drones' guard mode on either

So, questions:

1. Assuming a craft did launch drones on takeoff, would they be left alone to do the thing listed above, or would competition mode be started again to include them?
  2. Assuming a craft launched something with guard mode already on, would the craft be disqualified, or would the behaviour be fixed manually (e.g. by restarting competition mode)?

So what you are saying is for your drones to work i need to re-run the competition?

Here is another abomination for you to test...

2M59Rbv.jpgYk9lohC.jpg

Introducing the Dangerously Aggressive Kerbal Killing Automaton (D.A.K.K.A).  With 100 parts and a mass of ~19 tons, it barely qualifies.  I was originally building it for my own amusement, but it's actually kinda maneuverable.  Autopilot didn't want to let him take off vertically, so I strapped some gear on the bottom.  May rock a bit on the suspension but it'll be fine.

Edited by Plane Crazy

2 minutes ago, Plane Crazy said:

2M59Rbv.jpgYk9lohC.jpg

Introducing the Dangerously Aggressive Kerbal Killing Automaton (D.A.K.K.A).  With 100 parts and a mass of ~99 tons, it barely qualifies.  I was originally building it for my own amusement, but it's actually kinda maneuverable.  Autopilot didn't want to let him take off vertically, so I strapped some gear on the bottom.  May rock a bit on the suspension but it'll be fine.

Over 20t is super.  THIS IS THE KERBAL BUBONIC PLAUGE!!! AAH!

Edited by Guest

On 1/3/2018 at 11:07 AM, exbyde said:

Okay, so to answer a few questions:
@Plane Crazy your aircraft (blastoise) failed to use its cannons because both the radial mount guns and the abrams turrets were set to ground attack. If you wish to participate, please drop a few tons (maybe the radial mount guns?) and modify your turret settings to shoot air and not ground.

@dundun92 the IV-3 did not have separatrons active on the gear retract. Instead they were only present when staged. Maybe you were testing an auto-saved ship with that setting in place?

@dundun93 forgot to mention yesterday: Take a note from the engine selections your brother made (afterburner helps a lot) and you either need more inlets or less aggressive handling, you had at least one aircraft flatspin yesterday due to engine flameout

good to see you back! Testing is going to be a little light to nonexistent tonight, i need to send out some resumes, but it should be tested by tomorrow evening.

I will update it tomorrow.

55 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Over 20t is super.  THIS IS THE KERBAL BUBONIC PLAUGE!!! AAH!

Meant to keep people from making flying battleships or shtuff like that. Sorry.

59 minutes ago, Plane Crazy said:

Awesome

2 hours ago, drtricky said:

I may not like drones, but I gladly welcome our giant mecha overlords.

He should really just put a crotch-mounted radial howitzer on the thing and put it on the super category

Just now, Earthlinger said:

Dat confidence tho

But of course my good sir, the initial Sanngrior design, as well as the Bryntroll both suffered from my good sportsmanship, a mistake I won't be making again.

2 minutes ago, exbyde said:

sweet! Do check rule 12 though, think the original would have been in violation.

Is that the bit about the electric charge?

1 minute ago, Thor Wotansen said:

But of course my good sir, the initial Sanngrior design, as well as the Bryntroll both suffered from my good sportsmanship, a mistake I won't be making again.

Ow

:D

Edited by Earthlinger

2 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

the Hive is kinda OP kek
i just done a 1v1 fight with my NutBuster and it just get rekt instantly before even firing a missile
i even disabled the mothership's guard mode

Hive, as in Eidahlil's?

25 minutes ago, Thor Wotansen said:

Is that the bit about the electric charge?

Yeah yours had like 5 EC originally and died within 30s of being put down unless i ran up the jet.

6 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

the Hive is kinda OP kek
i just done a 1v1 fight with my NutBuster and it just get rekt instantly before even firing a missile
i even disabled the mothership's guard mode

Hence it is going into super instead of competing with reg fighters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.