Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

After being "that guy", I went back to the beginning and read the rules. Seems I will need to do some modifying before submitting. Most (see: ALL) of my fighters are in violation of at least 4 rules, maybe more. Drinking and building fighters probably wasn't my greatest idea, but I think I can trim some digital fat off one of them to comply. Look for my return, and fear thy wrath!!!

Nah, I'm just kidding about the wrath thing. But I will start modifying.......now.

Ooo guys...kelp vs lancer asf is nearly real time...almost never dips to yellow...this is what i am talking about. Not sure if its 60fps but Its smooth as the ice granny broke her hip on.

1 hour ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

For convenience, the current queue is:
[INDO]dimas_1502's Nutbuster
53Miner53's P-2 Accelerator
Abraxis' DN-55E
Suicidalinsanity's Delphinus R-III
I0kki's Wunderwaffle 4
Eidahill's Hive Princess (honorary admission to standard bracket, then sent to SUPER bracket)
Plane Crazy's Blastoise II
goduranus' Flying Squirrel
Plane Crazy's DAKKA
dundun92's IV3-c
dundun93's TFD
Thor Wotansen's Sanngrior Mk2
kittenshark134's F-19-D sparrowdart

Vundahbar! Thank you!

EDIT- 600 part 3v3s kelp barely touches yellow. Its amazing!

Edited by exbyde

20 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Ooo guys...kelp vs lancer asf is nearly real time...almost never dips to yellow...this is what i am talking about. Not sure if its 60fps but Its smooth as the ice granny broke her hip on.

Vundahbar! Thank you!

EDIT- 600 part 3v3s kelp barely touches yellow. Its amazing!

Wow. That is FAST. 

LAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!! I hope you are as excited as i am, because tonight, we get back to some plane crazy destruction on my new rig. We're going to see how well our roster and this new CPU can handle your designs and whether they are the works of madmen or lunatics. Up first, @[INDO]dimas_1502 is gonna bust a nut on our #5 aircraft, @Earthlinger's Lancer ASF with the NutBuster! Will then nutbuster claw its way onto the leaderboards, or will the Lancer continue its 5th place streak?

Aaand unfortunately, the nutbuster just couldn't knock down the competition. The Lancer ASF holds onto its #5 ranking to face off against our next challenger, the P-2 Accelerator! STAY TUNED!

Alrighty, and for our next battle of the night, @53miner53's P-2 Accelerator VTOL is taking on @Earthlinger's Lancer ASF. These two aircraft actually wind up pretty close in performance, but the question is, which one is superior?

Annd...yeah, unfortunately, jack of all trades, master of none (yes i know the rest of that addage.) Heck of a dogfight, but the Lancers pull out the win after dodging a barrage of missiles from the P-2

Alrighty, and for our next battle ,we have @SuicidalInsanity's Delphinus III facing off against @Earthlinger's Lancer ASF. The Delphinus is an evolution from the Taisch, a previous rank fighter that held its place for a while. Will the Delphinus be able to uphold its predicessor's legacy?

While the Delphinus seems to be very maneuverable, it has F-4 syndrome, using only missiles (though to be fair, the F-4 originally didn't have a gun!). the Lancer wins the day, and holds its spot on the board.

Next up, we have @l0kki's Wunderwaffle IV. This new wunderwaffle is a lot less speed and a lot more all-around good. Its a modern biplane design that looks like an f-22/f-35 hybrid with birth defects, but a great start nonetheless. It faces off against @Earthlinger's Lancer ASF. But can it win?

The first battle is really close. While the first two wunderwaffles get knocked out quickly, the last wunderwaffle knocks out two of the lancers coming in on a pass. amazing! however, the last lancer knocks out the wunderwaffle

Second battle was also pretty decent, but not enough to claim a win for the Wunderwaffle. Sorry buddy, better luck with the Waffle IV AUSF A?

Alrighty folks, so as you know, @Eidahlil, our resident reason for rules, has created something new, unique, and that fell under regulations. again. Which means two things. First, it will be OP AF, second it will be awesome. Neither of these are wrong. Introducing the Hive Queen. Looks like a lot of mk3 parts that can fling missiles, actually deploys these neat little drones that look like some form of TIE fighter. Either way, awesome. I said we'd give it a shot against the roster, including @Earthlinger's Lancer...

And i lied. This aircraft would very easily get to the top ranking, even against the Pike, because even a significant numerical advantage of crappier planes can still take down the best of 'em. Which is why...i did something special.

8 on as many as 15...i like those odds.

We will be doing no more small dogfights against the drones. Instead, it will face off against Blastoise in the SUPER bracket (still over 23t @Plane Crazy)

3 minutes ago, Plane Crazy said:

Oops.  This things gonna get pummeled...

eeyup....

Folks, i promised you some super fights when i got my new computer, and here they are: The inevitable pummeling of @Plane Crazy's plane crazy blastoise against @Eidahlil's Hive Princess.

This thing had all the chance of a roll of toilet paper in a hurricane. But it was fun watching the Hive Princess getting taken out by the Abrams turret.

Alright folks, its time for some changes. Got a little drone fighter here, @goduranus' Flying Squirrel, looks like an arrowhead, armed to the teeth, but can it beat out @Earthlinger's lancer ASF?

Oh...oh wow...yes it can. These things are precise with gunfire, PIDs are right on point, i love it. We have a new name to the roster, the Flying Squirrel!

Alright, last dogfight of the night, we have @goduranus flying squirrel, going up against @drtricky's Flying Dorito. Dorito's a great missile fighter, but the flying squirrel has very little radar crossection. Can it keep up?

Unfortunately no, as the Flying Squirrel makes minced meat out of the Dorito...when it doesn't shoot itself down. Will this prove to be a big issue in the future, like it did with the novi?

10 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Welp, the Lancer had a good run. A better one than the Berzerkers, at least :)

You can only put so much lipstick on a pig, and this last upgrade you did made quite the improvement, but it may just be time for something new. Even my Val's probably going to wind up on the #4 spot pretty soon, and that was a worldbeater for several weeks.

3 minutes ago, exbyde said:

You can only put so much lipstick on a pig, and this last upgrade you did made quite the improvement, but it may just be time for something new. Even my Val's probably going to wind up on the #4 spot pretty soon, and that was a worldbeater for several weeks.

I'm actually planning on reviving the Berzerkers, and modifying them (extensively) so that they don't have those 50 cals on them :D

14 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Just curious, when is the 8v8 gonna be? (Kelp vs Novi)

once queue is cleared, so most likely tomorrow. Actually, if you look at the testing queue, there is a note saying it will be tested on the 12th.

Edited by exbyde

3 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

NUUUUUUU PIZDEC 
btw i tested my NutBuster against @Earthlinger's Lancer  in 1v1 fight
everything goes well
build more maybe?

1v1 fights are not accurate enough. You need at least 2 3v3s. accounts for pilot/machine errors.

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

Just made Berzerker 2.0

It beats the Lancer every single time in 1v1, but I have yet to see how it holds up in group fights

Only armament is 4 x Vulcan cannons

Heh heh heh.... *evil laugh *

wasn't the Berzerker anemic at best in terms of maneuverability?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.