Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

1 hour ago, AlexClark said:

I don't lose points for wobbly take off, right? Took me an hour to avoid the control tower at first...

would have given 53miner53 a run for his money. his first Fighter 3 submission had two aircraft simultaneously run into the VAB, and he was given the honorary mention of "9/11th fighter squadron", that i might change to "jet fuel jihad". Any chance you run these in BDA combat?

1 minute ago, exbyde said:

would have given 53miner53 a run for his money. his first Fighter 3 submission had two aircraft simultaneously run into the VAB, and he was given the honorary mention of "9/11th fighter squadron", that i might change to "jet fuel jihad". Any chance you run these in BDA combat?

Hehe, jet fuel jihad...

BDA testing has been done extensively. I've got roughly 30 fighters and attackers in my SPH, and try to pit new designs against tried and true craft as part of the trial process. Typically a new fighter has to beat 7 out of 10 fighters of the same generation to move from an "X" designation to an "F" or "A".

10 minutes ago, AlexClark said:

Hehe, jet fuel jihad...

BDA testing has been done extensively. I've got roughly 30 fighters and attackers in my SPH, and try to pit new designs against tried and true craft as part of the trial process. Typically a new fighter has to beat 7 out of 10 fighters of the same generation to move from an "X" designation to an "F" or "A".

nice. Feel free to download any of the current roster aircraft, may give you a better idea of what you're up against

Alright ladies and gents, its time for a return of a name you all know and love or loathe, from the halls of Valhalla comes @Thor Wotansen's Sanngrior II. Its an interesting change from the original, adding a pair of wings and ditching the missiles entirely for guns only, a ballsy move. Is it enough to fend off the Sanngrior's old foe, @drtricky's Dorito?

It's close, and that's unfortunate. The Sanngrior II is hellaciously agile and retains the low weight of its predicessor while adding radar jamming. However, the PIDs are not quite there, as seen by the sprinkler pattern of fire. While it dominates the first round, this issue puts it in the doghouse after a thorough beating in rounds 2 and 3. As we've seen from Earthlinger's Lancer ASF, a little bit of software can go a long way.

2 minutes ago, exbyde said:

nice. Feel free to download any of the current roster aircraft, may give you a better idea of what you're up against

I browsed a bit, but haven't dl'd any yet. The videos are good enough for me, for now. If you decide to allow a few more mods, I've got 2 other fighters I'd submit. I'm trying to keep submitted designs to craft with functioning fuel/air intakes, flight controls, and EC. I keep 2 sets of fighters, realistic and plain impossible.

1 minute ago, AlexClark said:

I browsed a bit, but haven't dl'd any yet. The videos are good enough for me, for now. If you decide to allow a few more mods, I've got 2 other fighters I'd submit. I'm trying to keep submitted designs to craft with functioning fuel/air intakes, flight controls, and EC. I keep 2 sets of fighters, realistic and plain impossible.

Mods are allowed as follows:

airframe/aerodynamic parts (engines with a little scrutiny for OP)-allowed
Weapons- ask first, must follow current rules
Aesthetic parts (KAS, ejection seats)-not banned but i will find you.

1 minute ago, Abraxis said:

Submit all of them

you and dundun, i swear to jeb.

5 minutes ago, Abraxis said:

Submit all of them

We at Maverick Aero Defense Ltd. have a very strict policy on designs leaking into the wrong hands. I'll have to check with our engineers about releasing that info...

5 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Mods are allowed as follows:

airframe/aerodynamic parts (engines with a little scrutiny for OP)-allowed
Weapons- ask first, must follow current rules
Aesthetic parts (KAS, ejection seats)-not banned but i will find you.

The only other mods I've used on other designs are the OPT SCOOP engine, and the Russian air-to-air missiles. And a few of the MTA cockpits, before I resorted to clipping.

We at Maverick Aero Defense Ltd. have a very strict policy on designs leaking into the wrong hands. I'll have to check with our engineers about releasing that info...

The only other mods I've used on other designs are the OPT SCOOP engine, and the Russian air-to-air missiles. And a few of the MTA cockpits, before I resorted to clipping.

why dont you submit one with the russian missiles, and the same aircraft with BDA only armament and i'll look at it. Rest of the mods should be fine.

Edited by exbyde

2 minutes ago, exbyde said:

why dont you submit one with the russian missiles, and the same aircraft with BDA only armament and i'll look at it. Rest of the mods should be fine.

Well then, that certainly ups the ante! I'll load them shortly. (Maverick Aero Defense Ltd. engineers have objected to this, but what do they know?)

Edited by AlexClark

Well then, that certainly ups the ante! I'll load them shortly. (Maverick Aero Defense Ltd. engineers have objected to this, but what do they know?)

i just need to make sure the russian missiles arent too op (respond to chaff/flares/ECM and the like). then should have no issues.

Next up: @kittenshark134's F-19d takes on... @goduranus' flying squirrel? Don't let the name deceive you, the Flying Squirrel is rabid.

And exhibits that perfectly here. It may have stopped the Sparrowdart, but the Sparrowdart still holds firm to the #4 spot on the roster, incredibly respectable for a manned fighter in a game continuously being dominated by tiny drones.

And next up, we have @Plane Crazy's D.A.K.K.A up against the Mini Val...the Dakka has a MASSIVE radar signature and design around weapons hauling.

maybe has dakka...maybe needs maneuverability?

1 minute ago, goduranus said:

The videos, so smooth:o

Bit of an upgrade, my dual xeon rig wasn't cutting the cake since KSP relies on single core performance.

Intel Core I7-8700 (non-k)

8gb DDR4 2400

240gb WD BLACK NVME SSD

GTX 970 FTW+ SSC from EVGA

Thermaltake 750w psu

MSI 370 mobo (mortar)

Cooler master 3.1 MATX case

2 minutes ago, Plane Crazy said:

I was so proud when D.A.K.K.A continued flying when its wings got shot off... ... but then it got blown to pieces. 

Oh well.

I was flying it by hand because the flight computer and weapons manager got shot off with the wings. Bit of a bear to fly with no wings

@AlexClark are you sure on the guard mode settings on the X-24? you have like 12 missiles with one per target. Most people here have 2+.

Edited by exbyde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.