Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

On 8.1.2018 at 6:00 AM, exbyde said:

Next up, we have @l0kki's Wunderwaffle IV. This new wunderwaffle is a lot less speed and a lot more all-around good. Its a modern biplane design that looks like an f-22/f-35 hybrid with birth defects, but a great start nonetheless. It faces off against @Earthlinger's Lancer ASF. But can it win?

The first battle is really close. While the first two wunderwaffles get knocked out quickly, the last wunderwaffle knocks out two of the lancers coming in on a pass. amazing! however, the last lancer knocks out the wunderwaffle

Second battle was also pretty decent, but not enough to claim a win for the Wunderwaffle. Sorry buddy, better luck with the Waffle IV AUSF A?

äääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

Dronbast isn't that maneuverable.....

My potato - er, computer, shut off due to overheating halfway through, so the last part ends abruptly lol

Point is, Dronbast isn't too maneuverable. The Pike actually has a better turn rate, along with the Dorito, the DN-65, and my Lancer. (Kinda)

.-.

Edited by Earthlinger

13 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Dronbast isn't that maneuverable.....

My potato - er, computer, shut off due to overheating halfway through, so the last part ends abruptly lol

Point is, Dronbast isn't too maneuverable. The Pike actually has a better turn rate, along with the Dorito, the DN-65, and my Lancer. (Kinda)

.-.

See, the dronblast and the pike dont turn at high AOA like yours did.

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

Somewhat. I haven't tested the Pike that much, but it handles a bit better than the Dronbast

Why, of course! He wouldn't have entered the pike if it didn't handle better! :sticktongue:

2 minutes ago, Abraxis said:

What are you saying

DN-69 is a fully fleshed-out aircraft, ready to participate in the tournament...

I'm not denying that in the slightest. I was only suggesting you include more than 6.5 seconds of ammunition for your guns.

11 minutes ago, Abraxis said:

Ahh, no need to worry about that.

The rest of the aircraft is all lit

sounds good. Also, you are seriously one inline canopy away from having a very scale looking MiG-29, along with moving the rear landing gear out of the fuel tank. also maybe a slightly larger/pointier rudder.

upFfQjU.png

Edited by exbyde

So apparently i've been getting a little lazy as of late, like five pages without an official dogfight. Either means this threads moving pretty good or i'm being lazy. Could be both. But lets fix that. My Mini Val is facing off against @Earthlinger's Berzerker 2.0

So maybe berzerker 2.0 wasn't the perfect name for this.

Alright, for our next battle, @Earthlinger's Berzerker 2.0 takes on @kittenshark134's F-19d. Pretty similar fighters in terms of size and design, different in implementation. Who will win?

The first battle ends with a gnarly friendly mid-air, basically handing the win to the Berzerker. Second round wound up being just as decisive, putting the Berzerker on the No.4 spot.

Alright, and for our last fight of the night (bummer, sorry, will do more tomorrow), we have @Earthlinger's Berzerker 2.0 up against the Flying Squirrel. The flying squirrel's tiny AND armed with missiles...will it hold its spot?

The answer is...yes. The berzerker cant handle what is essentially a smaller version of itself. It will, however, hold down the #4 spot on the roster.

9 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Looks like the Berzerker's downfall was ECM pods not being on constant active, so it was suppressed by radar missiles, allowing Squirrels to get on its tail while it was dodging.

unless i did something wrong or BDAC did something, ECM pods were modified to be constant on (they are turned on when gear cycles, was asked to fix as the ECM originally cycled when the gear raised)

Just had a quick look, the ECM was set to "Toggle" instead of "Enable". When BDAc takes off airplanes spawned in the Vessel Mover, it actually double taps the Gear action group, so it toggles the ECMs off again. This is because Vessel Mover initializes crafts with Gear action group turned off.

Set ECM to "Enable" with Gear action group to make it work.

Edited by goduranus

10 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Just had a quick look, the ECM was set to "Toggle" instead of "Enable". When BDAc takes off airplanes spawned in the Vessel Mover, it actually double taps the Gear action group, so it toggles the ECMs off again. This is because Vessel Mover initializes crafts with Gear action group turned off. Set ECM to "Enable" to make it work.

no i set the ECM to enable on gear cycle per his request. @Earthlinger going to ask you to upload an updated version of your file with that re-enabled to test against this tomorrow since apparently i can't alter the file correctly.

Edited by exbyde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.