Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

3 hours ago, exbyde said:

@Earthlinger going to ask you to upload an updated version of your file with that re-enabled to test against this tomorrow since apparently i can't alter the file correctly.

Sure, I can do that

But, wow, those squirrels..... :D

Edited by Earthlinger

Just so you know @exbyde, the DN-69 Abraxis submitted was a copy of the F-2FN I built. He made it as a joke between us two when I accused his DN-65 of copying another of my planes.

fj0hpiD.png

3vwcn1X.png

I just felt a bit uncomfortable having the replica credited to him since the F-2 was one of my first planes ever, and I worked on it as my competition fighter since 2016 and as an "A E S T H E T I C" fighter since 2014

I'll try reworking the original and submitting it so they can fight

Edited by NotAnAimbot

fake news

dn-69 is totally 100% different

But on a more serious note, I have taken exbyde's advice and have decided to re-make the F-2 into a competitive fighter that can stand up to the current meta. Having to switch around and offset a majority of the parts on it, I personally believe it is significantly different enough in both design and behavior to be considered a brand new craft, although I certainly do not deny the obvious similarities that continue to exist between the design of the old and new craft:

https://kerbalx.com/Abraxis/Type-29A

PX3BCCf.png

mAXrbuA.png

Edited by Abraxis

You are free to not include it if you don't want to--this is your competition after all. It's just that I do not see how exactly there can be any "true" replica of a real life craft, and why it must be the only one that is ever used when referencing it.

Edited by Abraxis

28 minutes ago, Abraxis said:

You are free to not include it if you don't want to--this is your competition after all. It's that I do not see how exactly there can be any "true" replica of a real life craft, and why it must be the only one that is ever used when referencing it.

Your aircraft literally has as identical of a wingplan to the MiG-29 as can be made by stock KSP. And that's perfectly fine. The Novi was also a model of a real-life aircraft, and the Mini Val was a half-baked model of a real-life aircraft. I was pointing out the similarities because that's what i saw, not because that was an issue or a complaint. I did point out your aircraft had weak ammo, and you said that was fine, was good elsewhere. Notanaimbot was also mentioning that the DN-69 was a copy of the F-2, and whether intentional or unintentional, the wingplan, engine layout, every aspect except the unmanned portion is identical. That's not as okay.

So i guess what i'm trying to say is i don't care if you copy real-world aircraft. I was trying to compliment on how close of a scale model you had, apparently i failed. Whats not as okay is cloning someone's aircraft and posing it as your own with almost zero changes, especially someone who has submitted multiple designs on here. 

1 minute ago, Abraxis said:

dn-69 is not a copy

it is the epitome of originality and making one's own craft without stealing from others

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Buddy, the wing plan is identical. The engine layout through the rear portion of wings, identical. The design is essentially identical with the exception of weapons loadout and a cockpit substitution. This is a fighter competition, not a cold war. I have no issue with collaboration, i take issue with copying, and with what notanaimbot has said and submitted on the other thread, that appears to be the case. I'm trying not to make this an issue, because the only contraversy i want on here is the occasional :sealed::sealed:talking about whose aircraft is best, not who copied who .I'm not a mod, but if i have to mention originality and plagiarism again to you, it will be my asking you not to post here further. Understood?

I know its a blatant ripoff lol. I put zero effort into replacing the cockpit, and was interested in seeing just how much it was possible to manipulate the concept of ownership in what is essentially an open-source enviroment by submitting a completely useless meme craft and incessantly declaring it to be totally original

Though yeah, in retrospect, I now see what a complete waste of time me trying to do that was, since absolutely nothing useful came out of it.

Edited by Abraxis

2 hours ago, exbyde said:

Buddy, the wing plan is identical. The engine layout through the rear portion of wings, identical. The design is essentially identical with the exception of weapons loadout and a cockpit substitution. This is a fighter competition, not a cold war. I have no issue with collaboration, i take issue with copying, and with what notanaimbot has said and submitted on the other thread, that appears to be the case. I'm trying not to make this an issue, because the only contraversy i want on here is the occasional :sealed::sealed:talking about whose aircraft is best, not who copied who .I'm not a mod, but if i have to mention originality and plagiarism again to you, it will be my asking you not to post here further. Understood?

calm down m8, I'm fine with him submitting it. As long as I get credit for the original model I'm letting him do whatever he wants with it except claiming it as his own, which was my only complaint.

tbh

They should make a function that automatically adds /s after every post you make

can't be be let down by my brainless behavior if you aren't expecting anything remotely useful in the first place

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Abraxis

21 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Me too :(

"Bad user, I hope you've learnt your lesson."

*walks away meekly*

/s     

(@Abraxis)

???

19 minutes ago, MDZhB said:

The link isn't bad, just remove the "edit" part at the end, like this: https://kerbalx.com/crafts/38797/

To those submitting: please make sure you don't give us your edit link.

Yes but i am lazy.

11 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

want to ask something here, as Jetfighter enthusiasm, KSP and BDarmory bring a new exp for Jetfight game :D, but when i try to dogfight i had problem when use AIM 9 missile , it sometimes blows up near my jetfighter  after AI launch it,  what is wrong ? this anomaly just happen in AIM 9 

Yeah ive noticed it happens. Looks like a bda issue

5 minutes ago, exbyde said:

???

Abraxis said I should end my posts with /s since a lot of them are sarcastic. So I did that.

The sarcasm, btw, was the 'me too' I wrote upon being told by KerbalX I was a bad user (after clicking the link).

You should all know that I tend to say random things in real life too :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.