Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

Having run a fighter competition video thread myself, I realize it's really easy to run out of energy making these videos, give it time and don't feel pressured to make more because you have a bit of backlog. Making more videos than you can handle will wear you out.

20 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Having run a fighter competition video thread myself, I realize it's really easy to run out of energy making these videos, give it time and don't feel pressured to make more because you have a bit of backlog. Making more videos than you can handle will wear you out.

Its not really the videos that are wearing me out, i love making them, or i wouldn't do it at all. I'm trying to find a job that pays more than the state minimum wage while Sunday my head gasket went bad and the car started spraying hot engine coolant onto the exhaust manifolds while I was out rc flying. It didn't help that the last couple of days I've been dealing with someone almost exclusively by text who has English as a second pseudorudimentary language who doesn't like cashier checks, like the bank exclusively deals in. So that's been basically stress for the last 72 hours. And to be honest, the biggest issue here isn't getting the videos out, its you guys and your innovation and creativity. Its neat to see all the cool stuff you can do to get your aircraft flying better or to give a fighting edge, but i also need to draw a line that lets Eidahlil and  the thread regulars roam while letting new players like Kittenshark and MZD have a fighting chance, and alone, i'd miss stuff like Eidahlil's text editing the Sidewinder warheads or the AI to impossible values. And when stuff like that happens, obviously, pause needs to be taken to evaluate OPness and general feasibility before i run it up the ranks and stuff.

Edited by exbyde

43 minutes ago, exbyde said:

And thank you all for making this thread the success it has been, and will continue to be!

Too many people! This thread is like New York City!

41 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Too many people! This thread is like New York City!

lets see... we have you, dundun92, Earthlinger, Goduranus, herobrian , Eidahlil,  Abraxis,Thor Wotansen, Dr Tricky, Suicidalinsanity, kittenshark, MZD, Frosty, Darth..probably missed one or two, really not THAT bad though.

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

dis gon b gud.

Sorry about the inactivity lately folks, my energy has kind of been focused on replacing my car, old one blew a head gasket, 1200 bucks to fix, or exactly the top of the KBB value. All is resolved though, got a new car today, and hopefully i'll have a purge day like SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! when i can do a bunch of fights(good timing for the Jesus reigns fighter too)

And thank you all for making this thread the success it has been, and will continue to be!

Alright this gave me good hoot XD

The Berzerkers appear to be going down.....they have some seriously exploitable weaknesses.

And the Lancer's only legacy was taking down the Novi :D

Conclusion? New plane!

(Soon, still in concept/base design. Already have a name, which I had used on an earlier prototype: Ripsaw)

22 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

I wanted to submit a plane, but I was wondering if this would be considered too slow to turn.

Well it's definitely not sluggish - it's not the most agile out there, but it's still pretty good. And that acceleration looks very good...

41 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

Thanks! I'll keep working on it! :D

The speed and acceleration of your plane is quite good, so you should be able to afford a few more wing panels. Maybe offset a pair into the main triangular wing. It'll reduce the speed a little, and make the craft more draggy, but the turn rate will go up.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

Edited by Earthlinger

5 hours ago, Steven Kerman said:

I wanted to submit a plane, but I was wondering if this would be considered too slow to turn.

Howdy! So, few things:
1. if you are running Windows 10, hit the Windows key and G at the same time and hit the red button to record your screen. It would be beneficial to see how time acceleration is affecting your aircraft.

2. Why don't you post a .Craft file on the forum (preferably through KerbalX.com but i'll give you my address if you feel like sending a homing pidgeon with a microsd attached) and we'd be happy to look it over, even if it doesn't have weapons yet, or especially if it does, we may be able to trim some of the fat.

3. Welcome!

3 hours ago, exbyde said:

Howdy! So, few things:
1. if you are running Windows 10, hit the Windows key and G at the same time and hit the red button to record your screen. It would be beneficial to see how time acceleration is affecting your aircraft.

2. Why don't you post a .Craft file on the forum (preferably through KerbalX.com but i'll give you my address if you feel like sending a homing pidgeon with a microsd attached) and we'd be happy to look it over, even if it doesn't have weapons yet, or especially if it does, we may be able to trim some of the fat.

3. Welcome!

KerbalX page up, and thanks for the tip!:D

19 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

The speed and acceleration of your plane is quite good, so you should be able to afford a few more wing panels. Maybe offset a pair into the main triangular wing. It'll reduce the speed a little, and make the craft more draggy, but the turn rate will go up.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

I went ahead and did some editing to my craft, but now it feels really off to fly. If I pitch, the craft just rolls on it's own, maybe something needs to be added or removed. https://kerbalx.com/popinstuff12/F-Lazer-Mk2

N30zK6M.png

tCL01hh.png

3 hours ago, Steven Kerman said:

I went ahead and did some editing to my craft, but now it feels really off to fly. If I pitch, the craft just rolls on it's own, maybe something needs to be added or removed. https://kerbalx.com/popinstuff12/F-Lazer-Mk2

Hm. Wild guess here, but it might be the intakes on the side. Idk. Make sure the symmetry is correct, too. I've had planes with issues that are solved after removing a random wing board that wasn't on the other side as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.