Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

1 minute ago, dundun92 said:

Ah, the Du-1b has a small text edit. In the engine section, there is an option to disable thrust vectoring an a specific axis. It went out of control if the engine uses yaw thrust vectoring. Plz allow it.

Wait, you could have just used advanced tweakables. As long as thrust isn't affected, that's technically legal. 

Just now, Steven Kerman said:

Wait, you could have just used advanced tweakables. As long as thrust isn't affected, that's technically legal. 

That will be my excuse! That it can be done in game. Thanks! :cool:

2 hours ago, exbyde said:

Oh! Well then i'll pull it. For some reason i thought you were submitting.

of course i want to join but what i sent to dropbox still a prototype (for having fun) my FINAL jetfighter will be finish (still struggle with aim 9) 

btw juast want to ask something

is it allowed to use NKD ? (not diamondblack)

and is it allowed to use multiple engine ? so my Sukhoi PAK FA actually has 4 engine 2 in right and 2 in left ( they are replace each other) you know for speed :/

1 hour ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

of course i want to join but what i sent to dropbox still a prototype (for having fun) my FINAL jetfighter will be finish (still struggle with aim 9) 

btw juast want to ask something

is it allowed to use NKD ? (not diamondblack)

and is it allowed to use multiple engine ? so my Sukhoi PAK FA actually has 4 engine 2 in right and 2 in left ( they are replace each other) you know for speed :/

On the grounds of nuclear freakin weapons,  NKD is only allowed for entertainment purposes, or in other words, not for official combat. and Yeah, the PAK-FA is good with four engines.

1 hour ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Can I use this mod?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155996-131full-v-1221-sm_stryker-bda-damage-overhaul-version/

Also, if anyone wanted to see the J-24, here is (finally) a picture.

Sure, go for it

Edited by exbyde

4 hours ago, exbyde said:

wait the current version runs with 1.0? i just went with the previous version and none of the nuclear weapons work, just the 12,000lb one. I copied it into the gamedata folder. I attempted to instal BDAC Beta and i wound up with bullet harpoons that got stuck in the aircraft in such number that my game lagged.

Ah that's the issue I think. 1.0.0 BDAc is older than the version I am using, the public beta. I would've updated for that version if it wasn't for the fact that my mod was in shambles after a drive wipe and the code was severely outdated. Decided to just update to the public beta release 1.1.0 as it implements many feature I had in my separate module.

Sadly, there are no plans to bring NKD back to 1.0.0.

The H-1 is the ultimate stealth fighter, getting within 3.5 km of the current #5 without being locked on to. Then it mutal killed it with 10 m between them.

Mods are stock, BDA, DCK, and stryker aerospace (parts pack) from above link.

Edited by HeroBrian_333

10 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

BTW, for the super class, does the plane have to be both 100-200 parts and over 30 tons, or just one?

Also, I can run the 2v2 that is in the que.

If exceeded even 1, its super.

2 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

BTW, for the super class, does the plane have to be both 100-200 parts and over 30 tons, or just one?

Also, I can run the 2v2 that is in the que.

101 parts or 20 tons, not 30

1 minute ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

What if you are only slightly over in parts and weight?

if you have 101 parts or 20.000 tons its super. If you have 100 or less parts and 19.(cue hitler saying nein here) tons, its either manned if it has a cockpit or unlimited if it has a drone core.

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

@Eidahlil How'd you make the hive princess deploy it's drones when running on the AI?

1. Put a decoupler on the mothership.
  2. Put another decoupler on that decoupler.
  3. Put a modular missile guidance on the first decoupler.
  4. Put your parasite craft on the second decoupler.
    1. Don't forget to tell it it's a drone, because the mothership thinks it's a potato.
  5. Add to action group 1:
    1. AI pilot - activate
    2. Weapon manager  - guard mode on
    3. engine - activate
    4. probe core/cockpit - control from here
    5. second decoupler - decouple.
    6. whatever else you want to do when launching the drone
    7. Congratulations, your missile guidance now thinks that it is a super awesome decoupler - powered cannon.
  6. Set your modular missile guidance settings to:
    1. GPS guidance mode so it doesn't try to get a heat lock
    2. increase the max range to whenever you want the drones to launch
    3. I recommend having at least half a second of drop time.
    4. Congratulations, your mothership now thinks the parasite craft is a very fancy cruise missile.
  7. Your mothership will now launch these drones as it would launch cruise missiles - any time it as much as glimpses an enemy.
    1. PROFIT!!!!!!
    2. Your drone will turn off its autopilot if the mothership is destroyed. No known workaround.

Umm... I officialy am mad at the super class. Trying to keep my build in running, but still running out of parts and weight. Also, new version stinks. I want to just restart building the H-1, but I have already sunk 9 hours into the current design. Aughh!

Just now, HeroBrian_333 said:

Umm... I officialy am mad at the super class. Trying to keep my build in running, but still running out of parts and weight. Also, new version stinks. I want to just restart building the H-1, but I have already sunk 9 hours into the current design. Aughh!

Sorry, I'm just trying to deal with KSP's unity dependancy and single-core aggravation. If i had a way around that, i'd up the part count, but even with my processor, an i7-8700k, if i get too far over 600 parts, the game slows down, and no one is impressed with KSP videos that are actually a powerpoint presentation with intermittent sound.

2 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

I'm just venting. Honestley, just up the weight to 30 tons and I'd be happy.

Weight's arbitrary, @Eidahlil's mentioned it to me. If it makes things easier, we'll just drop weight restrictions. Most people passing 20t are going to notice it anyways in terms of performance.

@HeroBrian_333 you sure you actually need the extra weight? Cuz it sounds like built your plane out of fuel tanks and didn't remove the extra fuel. For this challenge you only need about 70 liquid fuel per engine. Once you remove the fuel, most reasonable planes will come to about 12 tons.

Unless it has 6 engines and 40 units of wings area, a plane weighting 30 tons is going to be instantly destroyed by planes with high thrust to weight and higher lift to weight ratios.

Or do you mean the weight limit for Super Class? did exbyde just remove that?

Edited by goduranus

Most of my weight is dakka. :P. I have 4 fixed 20mm autocannon pods with 4 cannons each straped onto the front of my plane.

Also, above pic is a prototype that was demolished by the #5 of the age.

Edited by HeroBrian_333

3 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Most of my weight is dakka. :P. I have 4 fixed 20mm autocannon pods with 4 cannons each straped onto the front of my plane.

Also, above pic is a prototype that was demolished by the #5 of the age.

Just so you are aware the current winning tactic is low profile/high maneuverability. You may have difficulty going up against smaller, more agile aircraft if your plane exceeds 20t

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.