Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

The way jammers and RCS is with the current lot of aircraft, i would advise against AMRAAMS as they will only work in close quarters. You wont get past the #5 spot if you have amraams with range set inside of 3km. Think of the missiles as a tool, not a weapon, you most likely wont be getting kills with them, but they are invaluable to rout enemies...if they can lock and fire outside of gun range

If only I had access to the Russian long range IR guided missile.

9 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

If only I had access to the Russian long range IR guided missile.

NSI's bdarmory weapons extension has some long-range missiles, but they arent allowed 

11 hours ago, dundun92 said:

NSI's bdarmory weapons extension has some long-range missiles, but they arent allowed 

I don't think Long-range missiles from NSI are banned. exbyde allowed NSI's R60 on page 22, so why not NSI's R27?

On 1/16/2018 at 1:07 PM, exbyde said:

I'm not bahamutoD man. If you like the R60 use the R60.

If you want Russian IR missiles are they here: 

On 2/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, exbyde said:

Du-1b

Look s like I was wrong about slow speed helping to reduce IR missile lock on? Du-1b went pretty slowly and still got nailed, I wonder what contributes to different IR lock on range then? @Eidahlil's planes seem to avoid IR lock on pretty well.

1 hour ago, goduranus said:

I don't think Long-range missiles from NSI are banned. exbyde allowed NSI's R60 on page 22, so why not NSI's R27?

If you want Russian IR missiles are they here: 

NSI also includes nuclear weapons, which are banned. as long as you do not use a nuclear bomb on your plane, should be fine.

4 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Look s like I was wrong about slow speed helping to reduce IR missile lock on? Du-1b went pretty slowly and still got nailed, I wonder what contributes to different IR lock on range then? @Eidahlil's planes seem to avoid IR lock on pretty well.

There's a reason why "designed by eidahlil" is the listed mod for his plane instead of the actual mod. He knows his stuff when it comes to uncoventional yet effective designs.

26 minutes ago, goduranus said:

I think it was going too slowly. Also, I think the pikes triplane wings shield the two engines. 

59 minutes ago, goduranus said:

@Eidahlil's planes seem to avoid IR lock on pretty well.

Cough cough hax

55 minutes ago, exbyde said:

There's a reason why "designed by eidahlil" is the listed mod for his plane instead of the actual mod. He knows his stuff when it comes to uncoventional yet effective designs.

coUgh CouGH more hax...

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

coUgh coUGH logical fallacies :D

Ad ignoratum perhaps? Eidahlil hasn't actually cheated afaik. He is so far ahead in terms of innovation i have to act to keep things fair and competitive for all contestants (not everyone will know how or be able to text edit bdac parameters for example). He was not asked to create a detuned version of the pike, did anyways, and accepted it being tested lower. I'd say hes a model designer here.

Edited by exbyde

Not sure what all the hate is about with his craft.  I am not a fan of non-FAR challenges but I have been watching this thread for a while.  The last set of "challenges" have been interesting to say the least.  And the craft in question is just small, and doesnt have a big heat signature to start with.   It easily just avoids heat seeking missiles on head on engagements.  

And to be honest the AIM-9s are not that good in BDA. 

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

Not sure what all the hate is about with his craft.  I am not a fan of non-FAR challenges but I have been watching this thread for a while.  The last set of "challenges" have been interesting to say the least.  And the craft in question is just small, and doesnt have a big heat signature to start with.   It easily just avoids heat seeking missiles on head on engagements.  

And to be honest the AIM-9s are not that good in BDA. 

If you're referring to Eidahlil, he had submitted two aircraft that had text editing, allowing the autopilot and weapons to do impossible things (much wider FOV on missiles, etc). At the time it was legal, but i removed it because it poses an unfair advantage to senior players/those in the know. The Sunfish i just hated because it was about as coordinated as, well, a sunfish. It circled randomly and wouldn't go towards the start points.

As for the AIM-9, the point isnt to actually get kills, and thats what eidahlil knows well. He has a single AIM-9 on the pike because he can use it to break formations at the initial head-on pass and get a bunch of aircraft on sixes

Also welcome!

3 hours ago, Steven Kerman said:

Something random I did

neat.jpg

Issue is that it doesn't have a lot of fuel, but it can turn sorta fast and fly sorta fast. Dunno, might submit some other time.

can it fly from the island to the airbase? you don't need a lot of fuel to succeed, as most of these fights don't drag out.

ALLRIGHTY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, i must mention it is a very surreal experience catching dogfights on one screen and watching regular car reviews random bs on the other.

TONIGHT WE TEST @dundun92's DU-3 manned fighter against our whole roster. How far will it go?

First off we have the #triggered, the faithful Sukhoi replicant. Will this missile fighter be able to hold onto its spot on the roster?

Yeah it holds onto its spot like a fat kid holding onto crisco-covered monkey bars. This plane has a lot of potential. How will it do against @Eidahlil's Pike Clamped?

Well...set a record for fastest sweep, a staggering 22 seconds from 12k and closing to no survivors...wow. How about Du-1?

No trouble here, the Du-3 wipes the floor with the du-1b...now how about those tiny, rabid squirrels @goduranus

Here, the Du-3 runs into issue. Much like your country uncle after one too many swigs of the good stuff, The Du-3 can't keep a gun on the squirrels. First round, all aircraft ran out of ammo. Second time around, a Du-3 ran into the water, and the other two Du-3s paid for it. And for his trouble...

Unlimited

Place Creator Craft Name # of Mods (excluding BDA)
1  @dundun93 TFD Mod A 1(Airplane Plus)
2 @goduranus Rabid Squirrel 1(The loudest engines possible)
5 @dundun92 DU-3 0
5 @dundun92 DU-1b 0
5 @Eidahlil Pike Clamped 1 (Designed by Eidahlil)

TWO NUMBER FIVE SPOTS!!! HAHAHA! just kidding, but nice job dundun92

Alright, and for our last battle for the night, we have @dundun93 and his A25 micro fighter. Kinda reminds me of the Sanngrior. So how does it do against @Eidahlil's Pike?

Does pretty well, earning a spot on the roster. How about against @dundun92's creations?

The winner of this battle in the sibling rivalry is definitely dundun92 *excluding TBD*. So the A-25 sits on the #5 spot. nice.

What is the secret of the TFD, why is it so good? It's large and slow, just looking at the stats you wouldn't have guessed that it would top spot. Maybe it's turns faster with reaction wheels by being slow and less exposed to aerodynamic forces?

34 minutes ago, goduranus said:

What is the secret of the TFD, why is it so good? It's large and slow, just looking at the stats you wouldn't have guessed that it would top spot. Maybe it's turns faster with reaction wheels by being slow and less exposed to aerodynamic forces?

There is no secret. I just make good Airplanes!

THE LEADER BOARD IS DUNDUN INFESTED!!!!!!!:o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.