Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

4 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Honestly, I'm thinking of making a 'light drone' competition because there's some really cool drones here around ~5.5t. Maybe when we move to 1.4.1.

Good way to force balance of weapon, engines, and aircraft parts.

I got a 3.1t drone boi. This'd be good for me

Edited by Wolf5698

8 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Does this include the removal of the 300m/s afterburner limit or no? Not in changelog, but it was addressed on Github.

Honestly I haven't a clue if that has been addressed in the code as there are 461 commits to BDAc in this update with each one encompassing many lines of code each :confused:

11 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Honestly I haven't a clue if that has been addressed in the code as there are 461 commits to BDAc in this update with each one encompassing many lines of code each :confused:

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out.

13 minutes ago, Wolf5698 said:

I got a 3.1t drone boi

I know, and it's a fun little thing that I've messed around with a lot. It's the second-lightest aircraft in the competition as far as I know. Feels weird that it has to punch up against high-performance hyper-drones twice its weight though.

I tune the Lynx when I get bored; I'll figure out a way for it to do just that. :P

12 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

@exbyde we must ban editing armor thickness now. you can edit it in game, and at last check, it didnt even add weight.

Can confirm, increasing thickness doesn't affect weight. Would be really OP.

Edited by Box of Stardust

Okay, so

Newsflash everyone:

Aircraft, are like, pretty tanky now.

They survive Sidewinder hits. Vulcan insta-kills are practically non-existent now.

And this is with no added armor at all.

I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing, but I can tell you that it... doesn't feel right.

2 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Okay, so

Newsflash everyone:

Aircraft, are like, pretty tanky now.

They survive Sidewinder hits. Vulcan insta-kills are practically non-existent now.

And this is with no added armor at all.

I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing, but I can tell you that it... doesn't feel right.

Lets stick with 1.0.0 then.

3 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Lets stick with 1.0.0 then.

I'm still testing, but it's bizarre seeing a plane stay under a full second of Vulcan fire and only lose 5 parts or so.

Also the flight AI is a bit different and I run out of fuel now... seems to be more liberal with afterburner usage.

6 minutes ago, ZLM-Master said:

I finnally tune my V-TEK , it's a decent competitor now . It could replace the VG-D3.4-PG .

Better thrust , small up in turn rate . more basic Pod & small up in gun ability .

YnPmsmJ.jpg

To be honest, your VG is really annoying me (in a good way). Also, even though we're not going to be using BDAc 1.1, it's ridiculously overpowered in BDAc 1.1, because of how it's designed with so many wing panels.

I'll take a look at what the V-TEK is like tho.

@Box of Stardust I think V-TEK is globaly better than the VG . VG only good in Dogfight & if it not pass the fist front it's over .

I'm not Test the VG on Last BDAC V° . Just test Rafale & V-TEK against top craft .

EDIT : Add fine tune against the PEGASys-D3 :wink:

Edited by ZLM-Master

MMmmm . Hitpoints cannot be set up in the SPH ( New BADc ) Why adding hitpoints if we can't set it §?!!?

Hitpoint set to 200 / 250 Make closer battle from actual . But Text editing ALL PARTS craft is a bit boring .

But i like the "Damage effect" on the craft . Haven't find any ammo tweak , i read it in the patch note . Or i miss-endersand .

MmmmMM !

Just now, ZLM-Master said:

MMmmm . Hitpoints cannot be set up in the SPH ( New BADc ) Why adding hitpoints if we can't set it §?!!?

Hitpoint set to 200 / 250 Make closer battle from actual . But Text editing ALL PARTS craft is a bit boring .

But i like the "Damage effect" on the craft . Haven't find any ammo tweak , i read it in the patch note . Or i miss-endersand .

MmmmMM !

Text editing is banned here y'know. 

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

I think he was going for balancing it for this challenge, not to give himself an advantage 

Yeah. Because right now in BDAc 1.1, parts feel like they have overbuffed default hitpoints. 

Like, it feels like 20mm Vulcans are actually just .30cal machine guns. I think they need to add some small splash damage to the Vulcans too. It's illogical that these planes are eating 50+ 20mm cannon shells and are surviving. 

And as for Sidewinder hits, they're not as devastating as they used to be, which isn't bad, but the survivability of parts right now is too much. 

Default hitpoints for parts need to be lowered to maybe even 1/3 of what they currently are. These planes should be fragile, 'realisitically'.

You all should try fighting ZLM's VG-D3.4 in BDAc 1.1. It's ludicrous how that thing doesn't die. It can survive I think almost 2-3 seconds under fire from 6 Vulcans, just because it has so many wing sections to damage.

So as it is, as mentioned earlier, we're gonna be sticking with BDAc 1.0 until there's a better solution to damage sponge aircraft. 

And if there's none, I'm going to switch over to Aviator Arsenal 30mm-40mm once they get a BDAc 1.1 version up. 

Hey all, figured it's a good time for an update on the current state of the leaderboard and the queue.

1 PEGASys-D3
2 Vampire Squirrel
3 TFD mod A
4 Viper-ASP MkIIc
5 Gunbrick (testing to be continued)

Queue:

1. @Box of Stardust Gunbrick (in testing)
  2. @prgmTrouble X-15 Exoneratis Hirundo
  3. @Earthlinger Berzerker 2.1
  4. @ZLM-Master V-TEK (replaces VG-D3.4-PG in queue, as far as I understood)
  5. @53miner53 P-5 Flash (but I seem to have problems with ProcWings because it won't load despite having it installed)
  6. @Wolf5698 Lynx
  7. @Wolf5698 Cheetah
  8. @GillyMonster Dart II
  9. @dundun93 TFD 2.1
  10. @Box of Stardust Basilisk -C3
  11. @Box of Stardust CShRAID
  12. @goduranus Vampire Squirrel B
  13. @dundun92 Du-5Rs
  14. @dundun92 Du-6S "Diode"
  15. @dundun93 A26
  16. @dundun92 Du-8C 

Current leaderboard and non-exhaustive selections from the queue:

cHSbJDs.png

wpq1bN9.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.