Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

1 hour ago, goduranus said:

Maybe have the mothership's AI units be launched away after the last drone, and parachutes to the ground so the enemy planes will ignore it most of the time.

That was the Idea I thought of a while back.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, exbyde said:

@DiscoveryPlanet I'm going to have to ask you to remove the kerbalfield components on your aircraft for now since kerbalfield requires BDAC 1.1 beta.

sorry for long respond, you can use my Sukhoi PAK FA instead, cos configurating to manage so many missile as possible in weapon bay take a long time, and my Sukhoi PAK FA didnt use weapon bay, there are 3 RU PLASMA, one in cockpit, two in each wing 

PfTaoIk.png

https://kerbalx.com/DiscoveryPlanet/Sukhoi-PAK-FA

5Jqz0dO.png

3 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

sorry for long respond, you can use my Sukhoi PAK FA instead, cos configurating to manage so many missile as possible in weapon bay take a long time, and my Sukhoi PAK FA didnt use weapon bay, there are 3 RU PLASMA, one in cockpit, two in each wing 

PfTaoIk.png

5Jqz0dO.png

Holy weapons bay batman!

2 hours ago, Steven Kerman said:

@exbydehttps://kerbalx.com/popinstuff12/Wasp This one is pretty much ready.

38t8uNn.png

Looks neat, ill give it a shot

15 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

PfTaoIk.png

5Jqz0dO.png

*sigh*

On 2/15/2018 at 6:55 AM, goduranus said:

I wonder if @Dundun65C will also make it to the leaderboard.

Spoiler

HAH!

Edited by Guest

Slight announcement/rule change:

1. For the moment, since BDAc 1.1 is beta only at this point, i will be reinforcing the point of not using non BDAC 1.0 compatible mods, at least until 1.1 leaves beta. this means @GillyMonster for the time being, you will either need to wait until BDAC 1.1 leaves beta, or you will need to submit a version of your hellblade that does not implement North Kerbin Dynamics, since from experience, it does not fully support 1.0 (at least the fun stuff like nukes, but who knows what else isn't exactly kosher)

2. It's been drawn to my attention that, as an aggravated PSA employee once said, "i'm the problem", and i'll agree with that. While we are all familiar with our own form of banter, this forum is not, and some posts, especially mine, look like some sort of feud. I am not opposed to having a banter area (i.e. offsite communications like discord or starting a "fighter lounge" in the lounge area) but banter apparently looks far more violent and hateful here than intended. For the moment, all fun is strictly prohibited any mention of trolling/anything horrendously off-topic is prohibited. Creation of a "fighter lounge" area may mean more restrictions are put in place here in order to keep irrelevant/fun chat on that board.

3. If i haven't teed off the general populus of this forum enough, dogfights should resume friday at the latest.

Edited by exbyde

Heeeyo, newcomer here. Finally got around to making something for the ASC/ASF after a year. Have a fighter entry.

Hope I didn't break any rules. Pretty sure there's none against tons of part clipping.

Tested against a few of the fighters in the thread, so it should at least hold its own for a bit and conforms to the current Vulcan spam meta. Also I got lazy after a while, so the AI pilot is tuned to a state of 'meh, works'.

Edited by Box of Stardust

9 hours ago, exbyde said:

Slight announcement/rule change:

1. For the moment, since BDAc 1.1 is beta only at this point, i will be reinforcing the point of not using non BDAC 1.0 compatible mods, at least until 1.1 leaves beta. this means @GillyMonster for the time being, you will either need to wait until BDAC 1.1 leaves beta, or you will need to submit a version of your hellblade that does not implement North Kerbin Dynamics, since from experience, it does not fully support 1.0 (at least the fun stuff like nukes, but who knows what else isn't exactly kosher)

2. It's been drawn to my attention that, as an aggravated PSA employee once said, "i'm the problem", and i'll agree with that. While we are all familiar with our own form of banter, this forum is not, and some posts, especially mine, look like some sort of feud. I am not opposed to having a banter area (i.e. offsite communications like discord or starting a "fighter lounge" in the lounge area) but banter apparently looks far more violent and hateful here than intended. For the moment, all fun is strictly prohibited any mention of trolling/anything horrendously off-topic is prohibited. Creation of a "fighter lounge" area may mean more restrictions are put in place here in order to keep irrelevant/fun chat on that board.

3. If i haven't teed off the general populus of this forum enough, dogfights should resume friday at the latest.

Just to make sure I have it straight, standard BD Armory stuff is ok?

4 hours ago, Dundun65C said:

Did I miss something? I still can't make a post withou moderator approval.

When's my plane gonna fight?

Will probably be friday

2 hours ago, GillyMonster said:

Just to make sure I have it straight, standard BD Armory stuff is ok?

Yes. Double-check rules though

Okay, so I stopped being lazy and actually tuned the AI better. And shifted some stuff around very slightly. It's pretty vicious now.

Updated version of my fighter.

MkIIIb with the original gun arrangement and slightly different AI setup.

calling @exbyde just in case.

When's my plane gonna fight?

You need to post a certain amount. 

13 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

A number of posts have been removed from this thread because they were off-topic. Please do not make the forum less pleasant for everyone by feuding and accusing each other of trolling. 

*Insert suspicious accusatory gibberish here*

20 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Heeeyo, newcomer here. Finally got around to making something for the ASC/ASF after a year. Have a fighter entry.

Hope I didn't break any rules. Pretty sure there's none against tons of part clipping.

Tested against a few of the fighters in the thread, so it should at least hold its own for a bit and conforms to the current Vulcan spam meta. Also I got lazy after a while, so the AI pilot is tuned to a state of 'meh, works'.

Welcome aboard! i'll add your submission to the queue when i update the queueue

alrighty, so...

On 2/22/2018 at 12:51 PM, Box of Stardust said:

Okay, so I stopped being lazy and actually tuned the AI better. And shifted some stuff around very slightly. It's pretty vicious now.

Updated version of my fighter.

MkIIIb with the original gun arrangement and slightly different AI setup.

calling @exbyde just in case.

Derp. So I dunno what I did, but my flight AI re-tunes here actually made them worse at combat than the original. Back to testing.

Anyone have any tips to stop planes from spinning out? Not that such flight AI tuning makes a positive difference... my Vipers seem to win more often with tuning that has a chance of spinning them out, rather than fly more stable.

Testing indicates occasionally spinning out is better than losing. 'Meh works' AI tuning was apparently much better in combat than 'how do I get this to fly smoothly' tuning. Don't fix what ain't broke!

Viper-ASP MkIIc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.