Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

12 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

@exbyde this is unfair. You're going to let  @Box of Stardust enter all these airplanes and take over the leaderbord. Tow per person should be the limit.

Just beat the Viper and I'll be back down to two on the board.

Then there's a whole queue to get to before my two next entries. 

I haven't even submitted VulcanStar because I already have a few in queue. 

1 minute ago, Box of Stardust said:

Just beat the Viper and I'll be back down to two on the board.

Then there's a whole queue to get to before my two next entries. 

I haven't even submitted VulcanStar because I already have a few in queue. 

Your Two Best airplanes should stay on the leaderboard.

22 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Still does not open, and I reinstalled PWings and also have B9 PWings installed.

I there's an incompatibility between PWings and B9 PWings. I just tried adding B9 PWings to my install that had PWings in it, and B9 PWings didn't load at all. As a note, I used the B9 style Procedural control surfaces from PWings, but B9 PWings was not installed while I made the plane. 

Also, 0.12.2 is the latest version of PWings. Can you make sure you're using that version of PWings without the B9 PWings mod in 1.3.1? 

Just now, 53miner53 said:

I there's an incompatibility between PWings and B9 PWings. I just tried adding B9 PWings to my install that had PWings in it, and B9 PWings didn't load at all. As a note, I used the B9 style Procedural control surfaces from PWings, but B9 PWings was not installed while I made the plane. 

Also, 0.12.2 is the latest version of PWings. Can you make sure you're using that version of PWings without the B9 PWings mod in 1.3.1? 

If it's the incompatibility between PWings and B9 PWings, then I'm sure that's all I need to do for the craft to load. Which is weird, since I remember being able to load the P-5 before without touching my mods at all, having PWings and B9 PWings installed. 

22 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

If it's the incompatibility between PWings and B9 PWings, then I'm sure that's all I need to do for the craft to load. Which is weird, since I remember being able to load the P-5 before without touching my mods at all, having PWings and B9 PWings installed. 

I'm not positive, but that seems to have caused some issues on my end. 

Can we instate some sort of rule/process to request a position lowering of your own aircraft on the leaderboard? Maybe like having other people verify that it deserves a position lowering?

I'm testing VS vs Gunbrick and I'm not getting 2 out of 3 to Gunbrick at all.

22 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

That won't change the fights.

46 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

I'm not positive, but that seems to have caused some issues on my end. 

Nothing is still working. I have tried with ProceduralDynamics PWings installed, I have tried with B9 PWings installed, and those come up with errors that require something from the other. With both installed, it says it's missing 'ProceduralWingBac9', so I'd say we have two different versions of the B9 PWings.

7 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

That won't change the fights.

I would contest fairness of the fights based on formation tightness differing significantly between the two groups. Now, other people can interpret the fairness of the battles differently, but that's what bringing up discussion is for.

I think this is something worth discussing with the rest of the people in the thread if contesting results for a position lowering of their own craft is something that would be reasonable, if some sort of basis for such is found.  Competitions have ways to overrule initial results, so I think that would be fair here if done correctly in a way that everyone agrees with.

Edited by Box of Stardust

31 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Can we instate some sort of rule/process to request a position lowering of your own aircraft on the leaderboard? Maybe like having other people verify that it deserves a position lowering?

I don't get it.  What do you mean by lowering your own aircraft?  Why does that need to happen?

2 minutes ago, GillyMonster said:

I don't get it.  What do you mean by lowering your own aircraft?  Why does that need to happen?

I don't feel that Gunbrick fairly gets past the Vampire Squirrel, and my testing corroborates that. It should sit at #3.

If other people want to test that too (maybe @exbyde and @goduranus), that would be good.

Edited by Box of Stardust

2 hours ago, dundun93 said:

@exbyde this is unfair. You're going to let  @Box of Stardust enter all these airplanes and take over the leaderbord. Tow per person should be the limit.

So lets start off. @Box of Stardust has two aircraft on the roster at the moment. He's running tests with his own leaderboard. Until i update my results to reflect his, they are not official. Perhaps i should quote the Dark Souls mod team here:

C8QjjOZXoAMti-k.jpg

You're more than capable of creating an aircraft capable of beating out his. If you take issue with the fact that he has more than two aircraft on the board (my counting skills aren't the greatest, i only dropped out of Embry Riddle Aeronautical University because calculus kicks my butt, but i count two of his craft on the board) then do something about it. Develop your own aircraft. Test. Revise. Succeed. 

4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

So lets start off. @Box of Stardust has two aircraft on the roster at the moment. He's running tests with his own leaderboard. Until i update my results to reflect his, they are not official. Perhaps i should quote the Dark Souls mod team here:

C8QjjOZXoAMti-k.jpg

You're more than capable of creating an aircraft capable of beating out his. If you take issue with the fact that he has more than two aircraft on the board (my counting skills aren't the greatest, i only dropped out of Embry Riddle Aeronautical University because calculus kicks my butt, but i count two of his craft on the board) then do something about it. Develop your own aircraft. Test. Revise. Succeed. 

You forgot *drops mic*

36 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

I don't feel that Gunbrick fairly gets past the Vampire Squirrel, and my testing corroborates that. It should sit at #3.

If other people want to test that too (maybe @exbyde and @goduranus), that would be good.

Fairly?  Like underhanded tactics?  Or doesn't beat it consistently?  Maybe a tie?  Maybe have exbyde run them in 8 v 8 to determine final winner.

Edited by GillyMonster

18 minutes ago, exbyde said:

C8QjjOZXoAMti-k.jpg

I mean, it's more of a collaborative leaderboard by this point, but there was the disclaimer all the way on the first temporary take over post that if you had any problem with any battles done and their results, final say was yours since there hasn't been any talk of changing who may be the de facto competition runner. 

2 minutes ago, GillyMonster said:

Fairly?  Like underhanded tactics?  Or doesn't beat it consistently?  Maybe a tie?  Maybe have exbyde run them in 8 v 8 to determine final winner.

As previously stated, the tightness of formation differed significantly, which I believe isn't in the spirit of a 'fair' fight, given the limited factors we have control with BD AI and Competition Mode.

The formation issue happens because launching from the Island Airfield is a finnicky thing, and aircraft won't always turn in towards the other team properly like they do from a KSC launch. 

1 minute ago, Box of Stardust said:

I mean, it's more of a collaborative leaderboard by this point, but there was the disclaimer all the way on the first temporary take over post that if you had any problem with any battles done and their results, final say was yours since there hasn't been any talk of changing who may be the de facto competition runner. 

And at the moment, i'm not invalidating your results. You may not be aware of my current opinions on people testing their own aircraft officially, i find it something like handing out blank checks. I'll be reviewing footage later tonight before i do anything, including updating leaderboards, but i have no reason to think any abuse has taken place, and do appreciate that you are carrying things on. 

28 minutes ago, GillyMonster said:

You forgot *drops mic*

I'm trying to avoid the love letter from bananamod over startin feuds.

12 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

As previously stated, the tightness of formation differed significantly, which I believe isn't in the spirit of a 'fair' fight, given the limited factors we have control with BD AI and Competition Mode.

The formation issue happens because launching from the Island Airfield is a finnicky thing, and aircraft won't always turn in towards the other team properly like they do from a KSC launch. 

Gotcha.  Maybe it becomes a case of "luck of the draw."  3 standard takeoff positions, if they turn correctly, cool.  If not oh well.  Maybe alternate starting KSC/island each fight?

4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

I'm trying to avoid the love letter from bananamod over startin feuds.

I'm a noob at teh internets so I have no idea what that is... :P  I think google is an appropriate resource right now

Edited by GillyMonster

Just now, GillyMonster said:

Gotcha.  Maybe it becomes a case of "luck of the draw."  3 standard takeoff positions, if they turn correctly, cool.  If not oh well.  Maybe alternate starting KSC/island each fight?

Actually, at least on my end, the 'false start' Island Airfield takeoff only happens on the first launch, like something needs to be cleared away in the BD AI. After reverting to quicksave from that, the BD AI will take off perfectly every time (provided starting positions were correct).

However, I also have an 'airfield beacon' on top of the tower (to switch to when I need to spawn aircraft there after setting up KSC), which might have some minor 'corraling' effect that helps guide the planes to the correct direction on every launch after the first one? Not sure about this one.

We could do alternating spawns, but I think we'll have to go to a best of 5 if we do that, since the way we record, we also switch spectated teams between each round. The other way is to just not switch spectated teams, but I don't think that's necessarily fair either. 

Minor note, the way I've recorded is that the 'attacking' team spawns from Island, while the 'defending' team is at KSC.

11 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Actually, at least on my end, the 'false start' Island Airfield takeoff only happens on the first launch, like something needs to be cleared away in the BD AI. After reverting to quicksave from that, the BD AI will take off perfectly every time (provided starting positions were correct).

However, I also have an 'airfield beacon' on top of the tower (to switch to when I need to spawn aircraft there after setting up KSC), which might have some minor 'corraling' effect that helps guide the planes to the correct direction on every launch after the first one? Not sure about this one.

We could do alternating spawns, but I think we'll have to go to a best of 5 if we do that, since the way we record, we also switch spectated teams between each round. The other way is to just not switch spectated teams, but I don't think that's necessarily fair either. 

Minor note, the way I've recorded is that the 'attacking' team spawns from Island, while the 'defending' team is at KSC.

Would hyperedit be an appropriate tool?  I've never used it but maybe it would be faster that vessel mover.

3 minutes ago, GillyMonster said:

Would hyperedit be an appropriate tool?  I've never used it but maybe it would be faster that vessel mover.

nope.

1 hour ago, Box of Stardust said:

Nothing is still working. I have tried with ProceduralDynamics PWings installed, I have tried with B9 PWings installed, and those come up with errors that require something from the other. With both installed, it says it's missing 'ProceduralWingBac9', so I'd say we have two different versions of the B9 PWings.

The procedural wings I’m using are PWings mod but use the texturing from B9’s PWings. They should be in the regular PWings mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.