Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

52 minutes ago, exbyde said:

wasn't the Berzerker anemic at best in terms of maneuverability?

True. It had the maneuverability of a hippo stuck in an alleyway. (Cough cough, excuse the horrible metaphors)

But that was back when I didn't know how to build planes.

Like actually. I've learned so much because of this competition :D

18 hours ago, AlexClark said:

After being "that guy", I went back to the beginning and read the rules. Seems I will need to do some modifying before submitting. Most (see: ALL) of my fighters are in violation of at least 4 rules, maybe more. Drinking and building fighters probably wasn't my greatest idea, but I think I can trim some digital fat off one of them to comply. Look for my return, and fear thy wrath!!!

Nah, I'm just kidding about the wrath thing. But I will start modifying.......now.

Looks like i missed you there last night, my bad! Welcome! Sorry about all the rules, keeps things fair and competitive. Feel free to submit something when you can bring it in line with the rules, and do run some tests against other competition aircraft in bda ai to see how it does!

42 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I feel like we should do a sub-thread type thing where we can share designs and try out other people's planes in order to offer advice, etc

Unless you guys are too competitive to help each other out :wink:

You are welcome to do all that here. I am not and should not be the only game here. By all means, feel free to test out each other's design and offer criticism. Heck, if anyone else also wants to run dogfights, official or unofficial and post the results, go for it. Windows 10 has a built in recorder, if you hit the windows key and g at the same time in-game, it records your game to a "captures" folder in My Videos, that you can upload to youtube

Edited by exbyde

26 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I feel like we should do a sub-thread type thing where we can share designs and try out other people's planes in order to offer advice, etc

Unless you guys are too competitive to help each other out :wink:

There's a reason I put everything I submit on KerbalX.  The best way to drive competition is to allow people to test against each other.  Also I get more downloads of my stuff, which stokes my ego and assures me that I am a great craft designer with few equals.  :P

So in an effort to make it easier to test your design against the leaderboard, ALL current roster aircraft have had download links attached to their place on the roster on page 1. This means if you wish to make the roster, i encourage you to test against these aircraft at home! And feel free to give/ask for advice if you need to, or post fights!

Edited by exbyde

6 minutes ago, exbyde said:

So in an effort to make it easier to test your design against the leaderboard, ALL current roster aircraft have had download links attached to their place on the roster on page 1. This means if you wish to make the roster, i encourage you to test against these aircraft at home! And feel free to give/ask for advice if you need to, or post fights!

* Spams download button *

Will test the Pike tomorrow. Against the new Berzerkers :wink:

@exbyde Didn't the Flying Squirrel lose against the Dorito?

EDIT: Never mind lol

Edited by Earthlinger

Alrighty, and for our next battle, @goduranus Flying Squirrel takes on @Abraxis DN-65c. Both of these are very lethal drones, but which one is more lethal?

The winner by a hair is...THE DN-65c! Unfortunately, the flying squirrel stays at the No.3 spot, Sit down and stay awhile.

@Plane Crazy, the D.A.K.K.A wound up being....lacking in the coordination department. It took down one aircraft due to a mid-air collision, but that was only after i had to manually start the battle. Maybe put some FAT-455 wings on this guy?

1 minute ago, drtricky said:

Aww man, I would've forfeited the fight so it could get get a spot on the list. :D

I'm sure you would have, but this stuff has to be earned, or else the next fighter could just take your spot. As it stands you just scraped against the Iv-3c

Alright, next fight, we have @dundun92's pint-sized fighter, the IV-3c. Little guy, big performance. Facing off is @drtricky's Dorito. Will the IV-3 be able to claim its spot on the roster?

These fights were insanely close, but unfortunately, no. The Dorito stays up on the roster to fight another day!

6 minutes ago, exbyde said:

I'm sure you would have, but this stuff has to be earned, or else the next fighter could just take your spot. As it stands you just scraped against the Iv-3c

Alright, next fight, we have @dundun92's pint-sized fighter, the IV-3c. Little guy, big performance. Facing off is @drtricky's Dorito. Will the IV-3 be able to claim its spot on the roster?

These fights were insanely close, but unfortunately, no. The Dorito stays up on the roster to fight another day!

Sooooo close! Is stock bda armor allowed? I think that is what I need. :) good job @drtricky

2 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

@exbyde:

•  Hot! 293 replies 

Sweetness! and while i got you on the line, your TFD is now facing off against @drtricky's Dorito

The last battle wound up being a tie (both aircraft ran out of boolets), so we wound up having an 8v8 BATTLE ROYALE!

The dorito retains its 5th place spot. Afterburners anyone?

57 minutes ago, Plane Crazy said:

Done.  Here is the D.A.K.K.A. Mk2.

link's bad

52 minutes ago, AlexClark said:

Well, I finally got around to finishing an older design that should comply. I'm not Imgur savvy enough for pictures, but I hereby submit the Tomcat II.

https://kerbalx.com/AlexClark/X-24-Tomcat-II

sweet, i'll take a look at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.