Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

Alrighty folks, i'm working on some new dogfights, but so we can clear some air here, NEW RULE ( @Eidahlil @Earthlinger)

13. In the interest in allowing newer designers to be competitive, all aircraft must be modified solely within KSP. Any text editing after 1/22/18 is strictly prohibited and will result in elimination by nuclear weapon, barring i can get North Kerbin Dynamics working (looking at you and that BDAc Beta requirement @harpwner, awesome mod btw) 

Sunfish (both versions) are being disqualified for anticompetitive practices and general flying sunfish shenanigans.

Alrighty, its time for a flashback folks, @NotAnAimbot's spellchecked his thesis on single-engine superiority, bringing the Novi II back to fight once again. Can it make a dent against @Earthlinger's Berzerker?

If this first win is any say, this bird still has some meat left on its bones, as it carves its way onto the roster yet again! Welcome back @NotAnAimbot

So, next up, @NotAnAimbot's Novi II takes on @Abraxis' DN-65c, a formidable competitor. The Novi has clearly improved, but is it enough to inch up on the DN-65c?

The short answer is: No. The DN-65 uses the same stealth tricks the Novi uses, but has far better maneuverability, sticking the Novi II in the #5 spot. But for how long?

hell yea bois DN-65 is best plane

although I do think that its remaining time is short-lived, since it uses a craft file edit to set the scan interval to less than one, letting it switch weapons and react faster

Will submit an upgraded, fairer version that does not engage in any of those shenanigans soon

Alright, next up we have @dundun93's TFD Mod A, already getting an honorary mention for "TURN DOWN THE VOLUME" for loudest aircraft. It's going up against @NotAnAimbot's Novi II, lets see how that goes

Poorly for the Novi...Not an old man's game apparently, as the Novi gets knocked off as quickly as it appeared. Sorry @NotAnAimbot

11 hours ago, Steven Kerman said:

If I pitch, the craft just rolls on it's own, maybe something needs to be added or removed

IIRC, the AI Pilot module is hugely draggy (more than the Mk1 Inline Cockpit, I think), and the Weapon Manager is not. Your pilot module is on one side. I'm guessing your craft rolls to the right when you pitch up, and left when you pitch down?

I put all that stuff (ammo boxes, reaction wheels, batteries) in service bays. They're very slippery, and they provide good thermal isolation (BDAc damage is thermal). You can also set the bay doors to your Brake action group--They and the stuff inside them make great airbrakes.

Just now, exbyde said:

Next up, @dundun93's TFD faces off against @Earthlinger's Berzerker

And in three more battles, the TFD takes the win.  I'm unfortunately a bit tired, so i'll be uploading the next fight tomorrow morning.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, i've updated the queue list and added two new ranking boards: The Super as mentioned, and also a manned. Since there seems to be a huge popularity with unmanned fighters and their weight savings, the manned category will be for all aircraft with a cockpit, i.e. not a lawnchair or not drones. IF I MISSED YOUR AIRCRAFT ON THE QUEUE LET ME KNOW!

3 hours ago, exbyde said:

Alrighty folks, i'm working on some new dogfights, but so we can clear some air here, NEW RULE ( @Eidahlil @Earthlinger)

13. In the interest in allowing newer designers to be competitive, all aircraft must be modified solely within KSP. Any text editing after 1/22/18 is strictly prohibited and will result in elimination by nuclear weapon, barring i can get North Kerbin Dynamics working (looking at you and that BDAc Beta requirement @harpwner, awesome mod btw) 

Sunfish (both versions) are being disqualified for anticompetitive practices and general flying sunfish shenanigans.

I've been summoned?

Now hold on the mod is compatible just a bit buggy with the most recent BDAc build (unless one was released like yesterday)

What method of install are you using?

On 12/29/2017 at 10:12 PM, exbyde said:

RESERVED POST:

this is just for any notes/ recent changes. The current list of aircraft waiting for testing are:

1. @dundun93's TFD Mod A
  2. @dundun92's IV-15
  3. @Abraxis/ @NotAnAimbot's Type 29a
  4. @l0kki Wunderwaffle IV Ausf B (100 parts check weight)(Dead spring of satan piglets)
  5. @DiscoveryPlanet F-22, F-35, PAK-FA, and J-20 (all need mod/part count validation)
  6. @Eidahlil Pike Clamped
  7. @AlexClark X-59b
  8. @53miner53 P-1 Classic
  9. @goduranus Crusader
  10. @dundun92 Du-1b
  11. @silversliver's F-99

thank you for the updates @Eidahlil and @SuicidalInsanity!! Much appreciated!

If you do NOT see your name on this list and have submitted a design, please mention it to me. 

Special events:

1/12: 8v8 battle, Novi vs Kelp (need a better computer before fighting 1440 parts)

wwwwaaaiiiit am i just started to join competition or what?

because my plane in that dropbox is not even its "final" form (still make a better aerodinamic and missile configuration) to make best jet fighter (espcecially my superior F-22) 

9 hours ago, harpwner said:

I've been summoned?

Now hold on the mod is compatible just a bit buggy with the most recent BDAc build (unless one was released like yesterday)

What method of install are you using?

wait the current version runs with 1.0? i just went with the previous version and none of the nuclear weapons work, just the 12,000lb one. I copied it into the gamedata folder. I attempted to instal BDAC Beta and i wound up with bullet harpoons that got stuck in the aircraft in such number that my game lagged.

5 hours ago, goduranus said:

Don't need North Kerbin Dynamics, take a BDA modular missile warhead, and text edit it's explosive power to 1000000.

no text editin-well that would be poetic justice actually

5 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

wwwwaaaiiiit am i just started to join competition or what?

because my plane in that dropbox is not even its "final" form (still make a better aerodinamic and missile configuration) to make best jet fighter (espcecially my superior F-22) 

Oh! Well then i'll pull it. For some reason i thought you were submitting.

Edited by exbyde

10 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

IIRC, the AI Pilot module is hugely draggy (more than the Mk1 Inline Cockpit, I think), and the Weapon Manager is not. Your pilot module is on one side. I'm guessing your craft rolls to the right when you pitch up, and left when you pitch down?

I put all that stuff (ammo boxes, reaction wheels, batteries) in service bays. They're very slippery, and they provide good thermal isolation (BDAc damage is thermal). You can also set the bay doors to your Brake action group--They and the stuff inside them make great airbrakes.

SMART! Thanks for the tip :D

11 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

OH THIS TRIGGERS ME(not your post, but the fact that my plane just hates working) I moved the BDA modules under the air brake, but the plane still decides to roll when I pitch. I even tried using a service bay AND checking for any uneven aerodynamics, but still.

HOWEVER, I tried flying without SAS, and I could loop normally. Still, it's impossible to pitch and roll at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

OH THIS TRIGGERS ME(not your post, but the fact that my plane just hates working) I moved the BDA modules under the air brake, but the plane still decides to roll when I pitch. I even tried using a service bay AND checking for any uneven aerodynamics, but still.

HOWEVER, I tried flying without SAS, and I could loop normally. Still, it's impossible to pitch and roll at the same time.

the only thing allowed to be triggered around here are explosives, rockets, and guns, buddy.

1 minute ago, exbyde said:

the only thing allowed to be triggered around here are explosives, rockets, and guns, buddy.

Right, I think I'm done working on this plane.

I do still have my other plane on KerbalX, but how much fuel should the plane have about in order to reach the start position and turn back to fire?

3 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

but how much fuel should the plane have about in order to reach the start position and turn back to fire?

Depends on the consumption

Usually, five minutes of flight time at max consumption is more than enough

14 hours ago, exbyde said:

-nvm-

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.